• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Responding to a Puzzling Email - Help!

In summary, the catalog host replied to the newsletter sender with an angry email. The sender replied back and asked what the issue was. The catalog host replied with a confusing message that could mean many things. The sender tries to figure out what the issue could be, but ultimately decides to just ignore her.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just sent out my newsletter this evening. I got back an email from a past catalog host. All she replied was "Seriously now". Um... Not sure what she means or how I should respond. I feel like I need to say something.

:eek::confused: I don't know what to tell you. Is it someone you know otherwise? Or is your only connection the catalog show?

Personally, I'd probably ignore it, but that's probably because I wouldn't know what to say! :D

NooraK said:
:eek::confused: I don't know what to tell you. Is it someone you know otherwise? Or is your only connection the catalog show?

Personally, I'd probably ignore it, but that's probably because I wouldn't know what to say! :D

She was a guest a couple times and then did a catalog show (I think she was a kitchen show that turned into a catalog show). I really didn't remember her off the top of my head by her name so I looked her up to see who she had purchased from.

I wouldn't reply. I'd be shocked like you are, but I would just ignore it...

Was her catalog show recent?

Maybe she is thinking that you are asking her PERSONALLY to host another show...as your newsletter is probably mentions the great benefits for November and December hosts.

But, who knows, maybe she just wants to be miserable. It's just a newsletter - she didn't need to get snarky about it.

I wouldn't respond. And I would probably even remove her from my mailing list (but that is just me).

No, it was a while ago. I just thought of killing her with kindness when I saw it. Not sure what she meant, it's the same newsletter I send out every month.

Maybe she's just annoyed at the prospect of receiving your newsletter each month, but all she has to do is email you to request you remove her... no big deal! Like pp said above, some people just want to be miserable. I wouldn't bother with her, she didn't ask for anything specific, didn't ask for a response, so don't waste your time and energy ;)

I did double check in IContact and she did not remove herself from my email. Must have been having a bad day and took it out on me!

Just ignore her. She's not worth your time.

You guys know me. I always try to look on the positive. Maybe she's interested in hosting again now. Did you mention the holidays? Maybe she's shocked that they're just around the corner. She could have meant any number of things--many of them positive. I'd email her and ask her what she meant, something along the lines of:
I got your reply to my newsletter, and I'm not sure exactly what you meant. Could you give me a little more info? Thanks.
This way you're getting clarification without being confrontational. After all, she may be saying, "Seriously [I want to do another show] now."

That's really weird. Without punctuation it is very hard to tell what she's trying to say. If you want, you can send me an i-contact test message of your newsletter & I'll let you know if I see anything that looks off. Is it professionally done? Did you re-vamp the bottom half for people who can't get HTML so it makes sense? I have several customers who gave me their work e-mail, but can't get graphics. So I have to work HARD on the bottom half to make sure that it has all the pertinent info without a bunch of extra or confusing stuff. Maybe she gets that version and couldn't figure it out???

I agree with Rae, it might not have been meant to be negative. Maybe she was like wow, seriously? about one of the specials listed?

I sent out a flyer to a customer at the email that she provided. I sent the same flyer to several other people in her office too. She was the only one who said "Lady, this is my work email". I was taken back by her remark, but I left her a phone message (at home) and indicated that the only email address I had was her work one, if she would provide me with a different email address I would make sure that everything was sent there. I did not apologize, but I put a smile on before I called her and I made sure my message was up-beat.

She did give me another address and not only that . . . she then did a catalog show with me because she wanted the Executive cookware! If I hadn't responded, I would have missed out on the sale (no commission on the cookware, but she is definitely a happy customer). Plus when I spoke again with her, I gave her cake recipes to use with her pan, she was just wowed that they could be used for cakes! And when others in her office host shows, she buys more stuff thru them.

Keep your response to her positive and helpful. You never know where it might lead you!

Good luck!
Connie

Curlyone said:
I sent out a flyer to a customer at the email that she provided. I sent the same flyer to several other people in her office too. She was the only one who said "Lady, this is my work email". I was taken back by her remark, but I left her a phone message (at home) and indicated that the only email address I had was her work one, if she would provide me with a different email address I would make sure that everything was sent there. I did not apologize, but I put a smile on before I called her and I made sure my message was up-beat.

She did give me another address and not only that . . . she then did a catalog show with me because she wanted the Executive cookware! If I hadn't responded, I would have missed out on the sale (no commission on the cookware, but she is definitely a happy customer). Plus when I spoke again with her, I gave her cake recipes to use with her pan, she was just wowed that they could be used for cakes! And when others in her office host shows, she buys more stuff thru them.

Keep your response to her positive and helpful. You never know where it might lead you!

Good luck!
Connie

Great story and example, Connie.

I agree that you have no idea what the tone is, and she may just be incredulous w/ excitement!

I would take it more that she is making a joke about something that you just didn't get. Maybe a coversation you had that you don't recall. Sometimes the problem with texting and emails is you don't understand the tone of the response. That happened to me a few weeks with a customer for a buss my husband and I have. I emailed him with the day we will be at his house and the bill breaking it down in detail. I was very nice and professional. He responded by saying " I sense a tad rudeness in your email" I was shocked! I read it to my kids, husband, friends... Nobody can understand why he said this. Normally, I speak with people, but he his impossible to get a hold of.

I would call her and just laugh it off that you didn't get it. Let her know it is a mass newsletter, no pressure to buy or have another party. Just to inform
her of the new promotions and some recipes. Let us know how you made out.

Sheila said:
That's really weird. Without punctuation it is very hard to tell what she's trying to say. If you want, you can send me an i-contact test message of your newsletter & I'll let you know if I see anything that looks off. Is it professionally done? Did you re-vamp the bottom half for people who can't get HTML so it makes sense? I have several customers who gave me their work e-mail, but can't get graphics. So I have to work HARD on the bottom half to make sure that it has all the pertinent info without a bunch of extra or confusing stuff. Maybe she gets that version and couldn't figure it out???

Her reply actually had the whole email in there. I use TT so I know that the email looks very professional.

Maybe you could respond with this...

Yes, Tina! SERIOUSLY!! Can you believe everything that Pampered Chef is offering right now?!?! I am just as fired up as you are! Let me know what it was in my newsletter that got you excited and I'd be happy to help you get it. Talk to you soon and thank you for your business!!

So, take it as a good 'seriously now' not a bad one. You are completely opening yourself up to some critiscm here if she was not being nice, but it might make her think twice before being mean. Just a suggestion. :)

It might have been a mistake, we all do that. So I would just ignore it, what can you gain by asking her what she meant. Keep sending her your stuff!!

I think I would ask. I've had people email and they thought they wrote more or accidentally hit send or whatever. That could definitely be a phrase she uses in the positive or negative. I would probably email back saying, I received your email and wasn't sure if you meant Seriously now...you want to get/do something (depends on your email) or Seriously now I must be crazy for suggesting that you might what to get/do something.

I have a lot of customers that I do not really know. They receive my newsletter, but I've only met them a couple of times at booths. However, they think that I know what's going on in their lives or their friends lives. They forget we do not REALLY know each other. She may have craziness right now and thought you knew since EVERYONE does. I would ask though b/c it'd bug me.

1. How do I respond to a puzzling email?

To respond to a puzzling email, it is important to first take a step back and carefully read the email. Then, try to understand the main points and any questions or concerns that are being raised. Finally, craft a clear and concise response that addresses all of the points and provides any necessary clarification.

2. What should I do if I don't understand the email?

If you are having trouble understanding the email, it is okay to ask for clarification. You can reply to the email and ask for more information or simply state that you didn't fully understand and ask for further explanation. It is always better to ask for clarification than to respond with inaccurate information.

3. How can I avoid miscommunication when responding to a puzzling email?

To avoid miscommunication, it is important to use clear and concise language in your response. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that the recipient may not understand. Additionally, restate any important points or questions from the original email to ensure that you are addressing all of the concerns.

4. What if the puzzling email requires a lengthy response?

If the email requires a lengthy response, consider breaking it up into smaller paragraphs or bullet points to make it easier to read and understand. You can also suggest a phone call or video call to discuss the matter further if necessary.

5. How long should I wait before responding to a puzzling email?

It is generally best to respond to a puzzling email as soon as possible, ideally within 24 hours. This shows that you are attentive and responsive to the sender's concerns. However, if you need more time to gather information or carefully craft a response, it is acceptable to take a bit longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smart2cook