1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Should I respond?

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I just sent out my newsletter this evening. I got back an email from a past catalog host. All she replied was "Seriously now". Um... Not sure what she means or how I should respond. I feel like I need to say something.

Oct 31, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

:eek::confused: I don't know what to tell you. Is it someone you know otherwise? Or is your only connection the catalog show?

Personally, I'd probably ignore it, but that's probably because I wouldn't know what to say! :D

Oct 31, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

She was a guest a couple times and then did a catalog show (I think she was a kitchen show that turned into a catalog show). I really didn't remember her off the top of my head by her name so I looked her up to see who she had purchased from.

Oct 31, 2009
  4. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I wouldn't reply. I'd be shocked like you are, but I would just ignore it...

Oct 31, 2009
  5. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Was her catalog show recent?

Maybe she is thinking that you are asking her PERSONALLY to host another show...as your newsletter is probably mentions the great benefits for November and December hosts.

But, who knows, maybe she just wants to be miserable. It's just a newsletter - she didn't need to get snarky about it.

I wouldn't respond. And I would probably even remove her from my mailing list (but that is just me).

Oct 31, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

No, it was a while ago. I just thought of killing her with kindness when I saw it. Not sure what she meant, it's the same newsletter I send out every month.

Oct 31, 2009
  7. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Maybe she's just annoyed at the prospect of receiving your newsletter each month, but all she has to do is email you to request you remove her... no big deal! Like pp said above, some people just want to be miserable. I wouldn't bother with her, she didn't ask for anything specific, didn't ask for a response, so don't waste your time and energy ;)

Oct 31, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

I did double check in IContact and she did not remove herself from my email. Must have been having a bad day and took it out on me!

Oct 31, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Just ignore her. She's not worth your time.

Oct 31, 2009
  10. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You guys know me. I always try to look on the positive. Maybe she's interested in hosting again now. Did you mention the holidays? Maybe she's shocked that they're just around the corner. She could have meant any number of things--many of them positive.

I'd email her and ask her what she meant, something along the lines of:

This way you're getting clarification without being confrontational. After all, she may be saying, "Seriously [I want to do another show] now."

Oct 31, 2009
  11. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

That's really weird. Without punctuation it is very hard to tell what she's trying to say. If you want, you can send me an i-contact test message of your newsletter & I'll let you know if I see anything that looks off. Is it professionally done? Did you re-vamp the bottom half for people who can't get HTML so it makes sense? I have several customers who gave me their work e-mail, but can't get graphics. So I have to work HARD on the bottom half to make sure that it has all the pertinent info without a bunch of extra or confusing stuff. Maybe she gets that version and couldn't figure it out???

Oct 31, 2009
  12. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

I agree with Rae, it might not have been meant to be negative. Maybe she was like wow, seriously? about one of the specials listed?

Oct 31, 2009
  13. Curlyone

Curlyone Member Gold Member

I sent out a flyer to a customer at the email that she provided. I sent the same flyer to several other people in her office too. She was the only one who said "Lady, this is my work email". I was taken back by her remark, but I left her a phone message (at home) and indicated that the only email address I had was her work one, if she would provide me with a different email address I would make sure that everything was sent there. I did not apologize, but I put a smile on before I called her and I made sure my message was up-beat.

She did give me another address and not only that . . . she then did a catalog show with me because she wanted the Executive cookware! If I hadn't responded, I would have missed out on the sale (no commission on the cookware, but she is definitely a happy customer). Plus when I spoke again with her, I gave her cake recipes to use with her pan, she was just wowed that they could be used for cakes! And when others in her office host shows, she buys more stuff thru them.

Keep your response to her positive and helpful. You never know where it might lead you!

Good luck!
    Connie

Oct 31, 2009
  14. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Great story and example, Connie.

I agree that you have no idea what the tone is, and she may just be incredulous w/ excitement!

Oct 31, 2009
  15. lisasfuncooking

lisasfuncooking Member

I would take it more that she is making a joke about something that you just didn't get. Maybe a coversation you had that you don't recall. Sometimes the problem with texting and emails is you don't understand the tone of the response. That happened to me a few weeks with a customer for a buss my husband and I have. I emailed him with the day we will be at his house and the bill breaking it down in detail. I was very nice and professional. He responded by saying " I sense a tad rudeness in your email" I was shocked! I read it to my kids, husband, friends... Nobody can understand why he said this. Normally, I speak with people, but he his impossible to get a hold of.

I would call her and just laugh it off that you didn't get it. Let her know it is a mass newsletter, no pressure to buy or have another party. Just to inform
    her of the new promotions and some recipes. Let us know how you made out.

16. wadesgirl

Her reply actually had the whole email in there. I use TT so I know that the email looks very professional.

Nov 1, 2009
  17. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Maybe you could respond with this...

Yes, Tina! SERIOUSLY!! Can you believe everything that Pampered Chef is offering right now?!?! I am just as fired up as you are! Let me know what it was in my newsletter that got you excited and I'd be happy to help you get it. Talk to you soon and thank you for your business!!

So, take it as a good 'seriously now' not a bad one. You are completely opening yourself up to some critiscm here if she was not being nice, but it might make her think twice before being mean. Just a suggestion. :)

Nov 1, 2009
  18. It might have been a mistake, we all do that. So I would just ignore it, what can you gain by asking her what she meant. Keep sending her your stuff!!

19. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I think I would ask. I've had people email and they thought they wrote more or accidentally hit send or whatever. That could definitely be a phrase she uses in the positive or negative. I would probably email back saying, I received your email and wasn't sure if you meant Seriously now...you want to get/do something (depends on your email) or Seriously now I must be crazy for suggesting that you might what to get/do something.

I have a lot of customers that I do not really know. They receive my newsletter, but I've only met them a couple of times at booths. However, they think that I know what's going on in their lives or their friends lives. They forget we do not REALLY know each other. She may have craziness right now and thought you knew since EVERYONE does. I would ask though b/c it'd bug me.

Nov 1, 2009
Have something to add?