• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Time for Me to Become a Director in My Direct Sales Business?

what will happen if I don't hit that number?If you don't hit 750 in sales each month, you will not be paid as a director. However, you can continue to sell and still be a director. It's just a bit more difficult to be paid as director each month.
pamperedchef07
Gold Member
Should I promote to director....I have a person who wants to sign up if I have her sign up under one of my other recruits I become a director...I'm nervous about it, how will my role change? I've only been selling for 2 years, I don't feel like I know enough to be a director.:eek:
Thanks

Have you talked to YOUR director about it??

DebbieJ said:
Have you talked to YOUR director about it??

I have--she is the one who realized it, I'm just so nervous. I NEVER thought I would ever be able to promote to director.

Well then she should be able to coach you through it. Just because you promote to director doesn't mean you need to immediately change what you're doing. You can ease into it with her help, especially since you are moving.

I'd talk to not only your director but if you are friendly with any other directors, local or on here and ask pitfalls and benefits and make a lists and decide what's best for you and your family right now.

I know it seems to me, that my director is under more "pressure" since the change in procedures that they made. It makes me feel bad when my most recent recruit (which helped my director keep her status) has stopped selling and then unless another downline or myself recruits and maintains that recruit, she's in jeopardy.

Like I said, I would talk to lots of people and make list of pros & cons.

Lisa

Does this potential recruit know the person you would "sign her up under"?

It is against policy to give away a recruit. In fact Jean Jonas and others at home office addressed it in a director call. If the recruit and another consultant have any kind of relationship and the recruit is interested in signing with her that is fine but we can't just give someone away to get or keep directorship. Ask yourself what that says to the recruit and the rest of the team? For one thing it makes it about you which weakens their perception of you.

As far as deciding whether to become a director when you qualify as one: Absolutely, especially under this new plan. You reap the benefits of directorship when your team performs at that level and you do not lose your downline if you "lose" the title. It is more of a struggle to be paid as director each month with the new plan but the top benefit is that no matter what you can't lose your downline so even if you lose the title you can get it back any given month.

Are you going to meetings? Having your own? You can continue to do what you're doing now or start taking more of a leadership roll in the meetings you attend or start having your own meetings - that is your option. Director or Team Leader, you are a leader and your team sees you as such.

Congratulations on building your team - keep it up!

BethCooks4U said:
Does this potential recruit know the person you would "sign her up under"?

It is against policy to give away a recruit. In fact Jean Jonas and others at home office addressed it in a director call. If the recruit and another consultant have any kind of relationship and the recruit is interested in signing with her that is fine but we can't just give someone away to get or keep directorship. Ask yourself what that says to the recruit and the rest of the team? For one thing it makes it about you which weakens their perception of you.

As far as deciding whether to become a director when you qualify as one: Absolutely, especially under this new plan. You reap the benefits of directorship when your team performs at that level and you do not lose your downline if you "lose" the title. It is more of a struggle to be paid as director each month with the new plan but the top benefit is that no matter what you can't lose your downline so even if you lose the title you can get it back any given month.

Are you going to meetings? Having your own? You can continue to do what you're doing now or start taking more of a leadership roll in the meetings you attend or start having your own meetings - that is your option. Director or Team Leader, you are a leader and your team sees you as such.

Congratulations on building your team - keep it up!

She knows the other person, in fact they have been friends for years and decided to sign up together. One signed up a couple days ago the other is waiting until payday.

I just worry about doing 750 in sales a month (we are moving in Nov and I don't know anyone there) thanks for the advice

pamperedchef07 said:
She knows the other person, in fact they have been friends for years and decided to sign up together. One signed up a couple days ago the other is waiting until payday.

In that case I would always sign up one under the other just in case they want to start their own team in the future. I wouldn't even worry about my structure in that kind of scenario.:)

And what's the worst that happens if you DON'T make your cluster sales or personal sales? You just don't get paid as a Director that month, but at the level you already are at...so are you any worse off than you are right now? I'm not 100% on what the impact would be other than pay-rate. Look at it as an exciting opportunity for your recruit to get her first recruit! She'll be stoked and it's helping her get her business off to a great start and success. Don't focus on what it means to you. You'll learn. :)

esavvymom said:
And what's the worst that happens if you DON'T make your cluster sales or personal sales? You just don't get paid as a Director that month, but at the level you already are at...so are you any worse off than you are right now?

I'm not 100% on what the impact would be other than pay-rate. Look at it as an exciting opportunity for your recruit to get her first recruit! She'll be stoked and it's helping her get her business off to a great start and success. Don't focus on what it means to you. You'll learn. :)

I'll be the first to admit I have a lot of learning to do. What happens if I don't make the sales for director...I know I go back to being a team leader, is it a case of all I have to do is the 750 in sales 4000 in cluster and I am back to director?

Yep! Too cool!

kcont said:
In that case I would always sign up one under the other just in case they want to start their own team in the future. I wouldn't even worry about my structure in that kind of scenario.:)

I totally agree, in fact I would encourage it to be handled that way in this case.

There were some who were advocating directors signing recruits under other recruits even if they didn't know each other to increase the # of SC's on a team when the new program started out. That's why I mentioned it.

Last edited:
pamperedchef07 said:
I'll be the first to admit I have a lot of learning to do. What happens if I don't make the sales for director...I know I go back to being a team leader, is it a case of all I have to do is the 750 in sales 4000 in cluster and I am back to director?

If you don't meet all requirements for director in a given month you are paid at the level you do reach (SC or TL) and if you don't meet all requirements for director for 3 consecutive months your title goes back to TL.

Requirements: $750 personal sales (I know there is a waiver you can take 1 x in a rolling 12 months for this requirement); $4000 team sales (includes yours) and 4 lines submitting at least $150 with two of the lines being SC or TL lines.

If I'm not mistaken, to get paid as a TL your personal sales are still $750 per month to get the TL benefits - it's considered much more of a leadership level and has more benefits than the old FD level.

I just don't understand why anyone WOULDN'T promote to director! I can't wait to promote and am working SO hard towards it!! I say go for it!!!

I think you should go for it! You will never know unless you try!

I'm glad they changed the policy about losing your recruits if you need to go inactive to 6 months. That's what used to scare me.
I'm a team leader with 3 recruits getting paid as a senior consultant because I'm only working my business part time. Whenever I work my business more, I get paid more. I like the flexability.

1) Should I promote to Director?

Promoting to Director is a big step in your Pampered Chef career. It is important to carefully consider your goals, commitment level, and potential for success before making this decision.

2) What are the benefits of becoming a Director?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with many benefits, including increased earning potential, leadership opportunities, and access to exclusive training and events. You will also have the chance to build a team and help others achieve their own success.

3) What are the requirements for becoming a Director?

In order to become a Director at Pampered Chef, you must have a minimum of $15,000 in personal sales and a team of at least 3 active consultants. You must also be actively engaged in your business and attend required trainings and events.

4) How much time and effort does it take to be a successful Director?

Becoming a successful Director at Pampered Chef requires dedication, hard work, and time management. You will need to balance your personal sales, team building, and leadership responsibilities. It is important to have a strong work ethic and be willing to put in the effort to achieve your goals.

5) What kind of support is available for Directors?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources and support for Directors, including mentorship from experienced leaders, online training and tools, and a supportive community of consultants. You will also have a dedicated Director support team to assist you with any questions or challenges you may encounter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jessicafawn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Momafour