• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I order the cranberry DCB?

shelly.nurse

May 28, 2009
I have the white one, but if it is on stop sell, should I get the cranberry one to use at shows as a booking incentive? I don't want people to want a white one, and I have to tell them it is no longer available!! What is your opinion??

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
No, just tell them that it's currently only available in cranberry. No need to spend more money!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I wouldn't. Just tell people that it is currently only available in Cranberry. They'll be fine with that.

lesliec

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2010
I am in the same spot and was thinking the same thing.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I was also just thinking that HO would probably prefer you not order it right now (unless you don't even own one). If this was any other item they would have put both colors on stop sell until they built up the inventory but since we're so all about this one they are at least making it so people do have a way to get it.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Having and using the white DCB is really not that different from having the older version of a newly updated product (i.e. a flat round stone vs one with handles). As a matter of fact, in this case it might even be a bonus. Use it as a prompt to talk about the new restrictions. Scarcity breeds desire in a lot of customers.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I use retired/restyled products all the time. Like the garlic press, "they've restyled this tool a bit so it looks like a Barbie brush. But regardless of the style, check what this tool does!"

The microfiber towels: "These are available in cranberry now. Watch how great they clean up! I happened to pick up the blue ones because they match my kitchen. I picked them up in the outlet, which is where retired products go to die ..."

The slice and serve: The handle has been designed to be even more ergonomic.

I do not show the measuring spoon or kitchen shears because the new ones are so different, but a white DCB? That's fine.

Personally, I like cranberry better anyway.

shelly.nurse

May 28, 2009
I only got the white, because it was available last spring in the samples when I signed on, so was able to get a break on it.

cathyt

Novice Member
Sep 3, 2009
Not so true w/ the white DCB, but I often use restyled products in my shows to talk about the outlet on my website. Actually, I bought a cranberry TTA on purpose to help remember to mention it at my shows.

I have the white DCB, like this color better for my own kitchen, and don't plan to replace it because I'd rather spend the money on other new tools for my biz.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Cool ... I stole it from a training CD!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
csnteacher
Replies
Views
Admin Greg