• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Directorship Dilemma: To Demote or Not to Demote as a Thirty-One Consultant?

In summary, the director is about to lose their directorship because they have not met their two SC line requirement in 3 months. They have suggested ways that the consultant can try to get there, but they doubt it will happen by Monday. They also have over $200 in orders that they can give to the consultant. They are not sure if it is worth the hassle to give the orders to their consultant, but they want to know what other people think.
pamperedbecky
Ok, so I'm about to lose my directorship this month. for the 3rd month in a row, I haven't met my 2 SC line requirement. Everything else is fine, of course!

I have a consultant (Susan) with 2 under her. One of those 2 submitted $150, but it's not an active line because Susan hasn't submitted $150 and I"ve talked to her and doesn't look like she will. I've suggested ways she can try to get there, but I doubt it'll happen by Monday. I do have over $200 in orders I can give her. I've never done that before and really wanted to reward two of my hosts from the last couple days by adding these big orders to THEIR shows (one order is $99 and one is $125). It would make one show a $1200 show with the $125 order added and the other probably a $700 show with the $99 order added. I don't need it for myself because I don't care about getting one of those stoneware pieces for 60% off.

I figured out the math of what my commission would be as a TL and what it would be as a D. It's only about $100 difference. Besides commission, is there really THAT big of a difference to demote to TL (I WILL repromote to D on 4/1 - so I guess it's really two months' of commission at TL level I'd get, right?). At this point, I only have 4 active so I guess I also miss out on the $40 activity bonus too, but I"ve missed out on that for several months.

What do you think I should do? What do I really sacrifice if I demote to a TL? I just don't if it's worth the hassle to give it to my consultant - plus I don't want to have my consultants feel like I'll "bail them out" when this type of thing happens. She knows I'll lose my directorship if she doesn't submit $150.

I'd love any thoughts.....Thanks!!

This whole thing sucks, doesn't it? I have had it up to my eyeballs with the old "Career Plan" and can't wait for it to go!

I remember when this all took effect a few years ago at Leadership and everyone was like "YAY!! it's so wonderful" -- I was saying way back then that it was a bad move and it was going to make everything a mess -- not many would listen...

Well, here we are -- all of us really good sellers, really good leaders, really good people being left to fend for ourselves to help our Upline. It was horrible.

You are not the only one who would have given sales to a consultant to make sure that your (and your upline) got paid at the best level. I am so over it and can't wait til March 1!

I guess I am not any help, Becky -- suffice to say that you are not the first one to have thought this and surely not the first to do it, but it's all up to you. Sometimes I think it would be a weight lifted if I didn't scrounge a sale or two for a consultant who really didn't give a darn about her business or mine. Good luck with whichever you decide, and know that we are all here for you -- {{Hugs}}

Good point. I am SO glad next month is March. Believe it or not, I made it THIS FAR without ever losing my directorship. I came close a couple times and it FIGURES that the last month of this old career plan is when I will finally lose it.I really don't want to give the sales to my consultant. Part of it is because I'd feel guilty, even though many of us resort to this because there is a LOT riding on it. This time around there isn't a whole lot riding on it for me. If a trip depended on it, well that's another story!So, since I posted that post, I pretty much talked myself out of giving her a show. I also don't want two of my customers (one who is a really good one and actually knows Doris now that I think of it - :eek: ) knowing at some point that the sale went to someone else. From what I can tell, the only thing I really "lose" is the extra commission, which equals less than $100, plus the activity bonus from this month. I know that next month, I'll be a Director under the new career plan and we do get PAID as a Director in the current month even if the repromotion doesn't take affect until the 1st of the following month.Plus, I will LOVE telling these two hosts I'll be able to get them each to the next level. This is the BEST month I've had in a LONG time. (personally over $4200 or so when all is said and done). I haven't had a $4000 month since 2009 I realized!! I have 3 people wanting to sign as consultants in the next couple weeks (one is re-signing) so this will be a great start to the year. I'm hoping one of two of them signs by Monday! So, I'm sort of starting fresh anyway so having to re-promote to Director in a month isn't such a bad thing.Thanks for listening all!

(((hugs))) sweetie! I'm sorry you were put in this position. You're making double sales points vs. the 250 "paid as" points, so you are helping yourself towards earning a trip. Does that help? ;)

I think you are making the right choice. It's what I would do too. Giving sales away doesn't teach them anything except "well, I don't have to work - if she needs it she'll give it to me".

As far as your being paid as TL it would just be for Feb if you perform as director in March. Your title in March would be TL but you'd be paid as director with requirements met. And then as you said the title would be back in April.

ETA: oh, I see you figured that out (paid as stuff!). :)

Sheila said:
(((hugs))) sweetie! I'm sorry you were put in this position. You're making double sales points vs. the 250 "paid as" points, so you are helping yourself towards earning a trip. Does that help? ;)

Yeah, I was going to mention the "paid as" points, but you fare better keeping the sales with double points month!

I'm in the same place you are this month. I'll lose my title until March. I have gone back and forth with what to do but I think I'm just going to lose the title... it will further show the company how wrong this old plan was. Come on March!

Thanks all! I'll just keep the sales. And who knows, maybe she'll surprise me and end up submitting something. It figures that the last possible month of this dumb career plan, I lose directorship. I was so close! And luckily I had a great month, so that's what I'm most excited about. :)

Becky I've been paid as a TL for 2 months now and yes, it does suck. But I refuse to submit sales for anyone no matter what. My former director encouraged me to do that a few years ago so I could promote. But then I was always on the edge of losing it. And with the 2009 CP, I demoted to TL and stayed there for a few months. Since I repromoted, I haven't demoted. But of course this month, I have the sales and 8 active, but only 1 active SC. I need the $$ but I think submitting for them so I can be "paid as" shows that it's hard to stay a D and I don't want my team to view D as that...PS: Great job on your awesome month!!!! :D

im in the same boat as well and i just got to director - senior consultants are a painits not the 1% commission i miss its the activity bonus :(

All through this 2 years of this CP I struggled. About half the time I was not paid as director but I never did lose my title - I never gave away shows either - I did give some sales but with the guest's permission and only to consultants who worked (I think you know what I mean).

The funny thing is that since they announced the change my team has performed EVERY month as a director team and several who never had before have recruited. Things look like I'd be fine on the current plan now but even still I am among the majority that is sooooo glad March is almost here!! I am so grateful for the new plan and the pressure/stress it will relieve.

There will be so many re-promotions that I'm sure HO will notice.

1. Should I buy the Pampered Chef Mandoline Slicer?

It ultimately depends on your cooking style and needs in the kitchen. If you frequently prepare dishes that require precise and uniform slicing, then the Mandoline Slicer would be a valuable tool to have. It can also save you time and effort compared to using a knife. However, if you rarely use a slicer in your cooking, it may not be worth the investment.

2. Should I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great opportunity to earn free and discounted products, as well as have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family. If you enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes, hosting a party can be a fun and rewarding experience. Plus, you can receive special benefits as the host, such as free products and exclusive offers.

3. Should I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is a great opportunity for those who love cooking and sharing their passion with others. As a consultant, you can earn income, receive discounts on products, and have the flexibility to work on your own schedule. However, it does require dedication and hard work to be successful, so it's important to carefully consider if it aligns with your goals and lifestyle.

4. Should I purchase the Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking Blender?

If you're someone who enjoys making soups, smoothies, and sauces, then the Deluxe Cooking Blender may be a great addition to your kitchen. It offers a variety of blending and cooking options, making it a versatile tool for multiple cooking tasks. However, if you rarely use a blender in your cooking, it may not be a necessary purchase.

5. Should I join the Pampered Chef loyalty program?

Joining the Pampered Chef loyalty program, called "Cooking Club Rewards," can offer exclusive benefits and rewards for frequent customers. If you purchase Pampered Chef products regularly, it may be worth joining to receive discounts, free products, and special offers. However, if you only occasionally purchase products, it may not be necessary to join the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedchef88
  • Bren706