• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Local Event Worth the Cost and Risk?

In summary, the author is torn on whether or not to attend an all-day event in their hometown for $100. The author is concerned with the high price and the small space. The author also thinks that the event has potential, but is concerned about the crowdedness at different times of the day.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm torn. I've been wanting to get more events in my hometown area but I don't know about this. What do you all think?

First- its $100 for an all day event (10a-8pm on Sunday before Labor Day *not sure about that either in a small church town?*)- which is high IMHO....but then the rest is what bothers me. It's only for a 6' x 4' space OUTDOORS at our local park- which if I want a canopy, (10x10) I'd have to pay extra!. And of course no refunds if it rains (yet good luck covering yourselves!)

Then they say this:

"All vendors are requested to provide General Liability Insurance with minimum coverage of $1,000,000. A certificate of insurance afforded by a company licensed to do business in NC should be provided that names [Company XX] as Additional insured. "

This event has never happened here before, so I'm thinking maybe to pass on it this year, and attend to see how it is. Then we'll see abou tNEXT year. First-time events are usually very expensive and not so productive in my experience. It's sponsored by a charity organization using it as a fundraiser for food banks. But the size of the booth...shoot.. that's barely two tables in an L-shape. I've done that small before wuth a tri-fold board display, but not sure.

Thoughts? It has potential as far as traffic- it's in the park right on the main drag of town....after Church's let out it would get busier I'd expect...but be pretty dead from probably 10-1pm. ?????:confused: How badly do I want to get business in town? Be cheaper to just do Pamper A Business.

I would pass since it is a new event and because of cost. Unless.... There is another event going on nearby (within a block or 2) that is an anual event with lots of traffic.

As for the insurance HO covers that. It is a form under downloads. There is another form we use here in MN that aske for the business liscense info but there is a spot for direct sales and it just asks for HO's info.

I am torn as to whether I would pass or not. On the one hand I would say pass because it is a small space for a high price. But on the other hand who am I to talk LOL I am setting up on the Fourth of July for a space that is only from 11-3 and it cost $100 also. I did split it with another consultant that I worked with on a fair before. and it is for a 10x10 space. The time of the fair is between the parade and a band competition. And this is also their 26th year and are expecting close to 5000 in attendance. I am figuring the number is an exaggeration but we'll see. So I guess it's a tough one to call. Personally, as Paulette said, this is their first year so I am thinking more of a pass.

Sandy, I think there's a huge difference between the event you're doing on the 4th and the one Bobbi is considering. I think I'd have to pass on that one, Bobbi. That's an awful lot to pay for an unproven event--especially one in a small church town on a Sunday. I live in an area like that and Sunday events are notoriously poorly attended. Add to that the fact that it's a holiday weekend, and I have a hard time seeing it pay for itself.However, if the money isn't a hardship for you, and you're mostly interested in getting your name out there, go for it. You never know what might happen.

I'd pass...but would stroll around leisurely with my logowear, Bright PC tote, plenty of mini-catty's and cards. He He

Making sure to talk and peruse with everyone. You don't need a table to drum up some contacts.....what about the idea from CN, recipe cards with your info. Also, have your notepad handy to get their contact info.

My nickel and dime...

I didn't even think about the fact of it being the last big holiday weekend. Yeah- if I'm around, I'll go and see what it's like at different times of day and wear my stuff....see what happens. :DThanks for the honest feedback!

What is "Should I Look at This?"

"Should I Look at This?" is a collection of kitchen tools and gadgets curated by Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

What types of products are included in "Should I Look at This?"

The products in "Should I Look at This?" range from small tools like garlic presses and fruit slicers to larger appliances like air fryers and pressure cookers. There are also storage containers, cookware, and bakeware featured in the collection.

Are there any exclusive products in "Should I Look at This?"

Yes, there are some exclusive products that can only be found in the "Should I Look at This?" collection. These products are specially designed and selected by Pampered Chef to help simplify cooking and meal prep.

Can I find "Should I Look at This?" products in stores?

No, "Should I Look at This?" products are exclusive to Pampered Chef and can only be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website.

Are "Should I Look at This?" products covered by any warranties or guarantees?

Yes, all "Should I Look at This?" products are covered by Pampered Chef's satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • dawnsclassycupboard