• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Get It?: How People Use & Value This Product

In summary, many people have the Grill Pan & Press and they use it for cooking, making paninis, and making Cuban sandwiches.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I was just wondering how many of you have this and how much you use it?? Also what do you use it for. I would really like to get this with my points but I have noticed a lot of people say that they have it and don't use it. So I am just wondering if I should think about going a different route.

I am planning on getting it with my panorama points. So I don't have it yet but I really look forward to making panini's!!!!

I use mine all of the time & I love it! :)

Use mine all the time! I made Quesadillas in it last night. I use it for chicken, bratwurst, fajita veggies & meat, Paninis, hot dogs (you get the grill marks that way!), Boca Burgers, etc........

love it...for all the same reasons becky said

I don't know why I put these 2 items away because I probably use them, at least, 4 times a week. LOVE THEM!!! Throw out that George Foreman (hard to clean) and use our Grill Pan & Press.

I just made Cuban sandwiches with mine this week. Yum! And a great way to use leftover 10-minute pork. :)
It seems like I use this set in "spurts." It'll sit in the cupboard for a couple months, then I use it every day for a week.

I use mine all the time. The main one is panini's..we use it for everything that you would use your george forman grill for. When it's cold out we don't want to use our grill outside we will cook chicken, steaks, pork chops (all tender and juicy!!!)

Ok good, I am so glad that I got so many responses to this. I really want one but I wanted to make sure that I would not be throwing my points away on something that doesn't have common uses. I will definately be getting this now.

Mine go from the stove, to the sink for washing, back to the stove etc...they have yet to see the inside of a cabinet we use them so much - LOL

I use mine at least once a week. We love to grill but I have a love/hate relationship with our Weber. So I stick to the grill pan. :)

I just ordered mine with a host's 60% item since she didn't want it. Also got the grill press for one of her 50% items. Some hosts are sooo cool :)

I can't wait to get mine! Good-bye counter hog George Foreman ... I really don't like how that thing cooks - mine doesn't have adjustable temp controls.

dannyzmom said:
Mine go from the stove, to the sink for washing, back to the stove etc...they have yet to see the inside of a cabinet we use them so much - LOL

SAME THING HERE!!! I've had it for only a week but it still hasn't been away. it's always right on my stove. i really love the fact that for lunch i can make steak, asparagus and eggplant IN THE SAME PAN AT THE SAME TIME!! it's the best

Thanks for the tips... I'm totally getting this set with my panorama points. :D

We use ours quite a bit as well. Just made delicious paninis last night.

I go through times where I use it all the time and then times where I don't use it that much. Probably b/c I love my outdoor grill so with the weather getting colder, I'll be using it more often. I do love it though! Pressed sandwiches are so yummy...and perfect for football!

I use my grill pan all the time. I didn't get the press when I ordered the pan and I am kicking myself. I will be adding the press onto my cousins show this week.

I got both. Rarely do I use the press, although I should be using it more.

Last night I used the grill pan to saute a large batch of zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, cut up chicken. It was so yummy! Think of it as fahitas with no wrap! I used Ollive oil and garlic to saute.

I try not to let my produce go to waste, so I usually whip something up with them, or anything else I dont want to waste.

Yummy results!

chefann said:
I just made Cuban sandwiches with mine this week. Yum! And a great way to use leftover 10-minute pork. :)
It seems like I use this set in "spurts." It'll sit in the cupboard for a couple months, then I use it every day for a week.
How do you make yours Ann? I love Cuban sammies!

pamperedlinda said:
How do you make yours Ann? I love Cuban sammies!
Mine were sorta Cubans. :) It was the first time I made them, and I just stopped for stuff on the way home from work - and they don't have roasted pork in the lunchmeat section. (The only grocery store I pass on the way home from work is kinda junky with less than stellar selection.)

I used packaged hoagie rolls, spread them with a little yellow mustard, then added ham and smoked turkey lunchmeat and Stackers dill pickle slices. Spread a touch of butter on the outside of the bun, and grilled in the pan with the press. I think I'm going to make a small pork roast in the DCB, shred it, and freeze individual portions of the meat for making these in the future.

Tortatinis are yummy too. There is a file on here somewhere here about doing tortatini shows

hi I did a show last night and made the grilled peach malba in casual cooking.. it was great!

also any one try the new pastry mat?

Does the grill plan give you the taste of a grill or just the look of the grill. Someone is thinking about buying it, but she asked specifically if the food will have the grilled taste.

Please, anyone have an opinion about the flavor? Does it taste like the grill flavor.

no - the only way to get grill flavor is to use a grill!;) But then, I don't think a gas grill gives a grill flavor either!:rolleyes:eta = Come on J! You had to know I'd have an opinion!

Yes, I knew you'd have an opinion. I was just waiting to hear it!
I guess that's why I didn't notice any difference in my grill pan food compared to my grill food. I have a gas grill.

MomToEli said:
I just ordered mine with a host's 60% item since she didn't want it. Also got the grill press for one of her 50% items. Some hosts are sooo cool :)

I can't wait to get mine! Good-bye counter hog George Foreman ... I really don't like how that thing cooks - mine doesn't have adjustable temp controls.

Love this!! Everyone raves about that thing, it's made him a buzzillionaire. Mental note: "mention counter hog at shows..." :) Thank you. :D

chefann said:

Me too. I love mine though!:love:

JAE said:
Please, anyone have an opinion about the flavor? Does it taste like the grill flavor.
Actually, according to the Cook's Illustrated article about gill pans, it does give a slight grill flavor - not very strong, but just a hint.

It has to do with the fact that the food is elevated from the pan surface on the ridges. Juices fall into the grooves, cook, and send tasty smoke upward onto the food. It's nowhere near as strong as on a charcoal grill, because there's the smoke from the charcoal doing it's magic there, but it's something.

We LOVE pork chops in the grill pan... so juicy and easy!

I have it and use it some but not often. If you do not have the family skillet, I say get it instead. You will use it 3 or 4 times a week if not more.

I think it does have a small grilled test but not that much.

Ditto on "use it all the time". It was so hot in our town this summer that we didn't BBQ nearly as much as normal...we used the grill pan pretty much every night we cooked dinner!

I forget to use the grill press but when I do, I love the results.

Also, my advise is to get the Executive grill pan, not professional. I had both and the professional was the only piece of any cookware that I hated to clean. Finally gave it to my daughter. The Executive grill pan cleans up just as easily as all the other pieces!

bethsbiz said:
Ditto on "use it all the time". It was so hot in our town this summer that we didn't BBQ nearly as much as normal...we used the grill pan pretty much every night we cooked dinner!

I forget to use the grill press but when I do, I love the results.

Also, my advise is to get the Executive grill pan, not professional. I had both and the professional was the only piece of any cookware that I hated to clean. Finally gave it to my daughter. The Executive grill pan cleans up just as easily as all the other pieces
!
Thank you for noting this. I HATE cleaning my prof. grill pan. I can't stand if it gets build up around the ridges in the bottom! So, the executive grill pan doesn't do that?

I admit I have two George Foreman Grills, and I'm looking forward to getting my PC Grill & Press to replace it!!!

I have the press, but not the pan. It is on my wish list for this season, but I was going to go with prof. pan. Now I think I'll go with the executive. Thanks for bringing that up!!

The executive grill pan cleans up SWEET. I was nervous at first, investing in another grill pan when the professional one was my least favorite but boy am I glad I did! Now I get both EZ cooking AND EZ cleaning.

Good to know. I'm planning on making the Grill Pan one of my Pan-O-Rama pieces. :)

The Executive Grill Pan does clean up easily. I was quite impressed. Before you dry it with the towel, wipe it out with a paper towel to get any leftovers that you didn't see. It comes right out, but I tend to miss some when I'm washing. I don't have very good eye sight when it comes to dark on dark.

I use mine for cooking bacon. It's size lets the bacon lay flat and the grooves help keep the bacon out of the grease.

You mean you're not cooking your bacon in the bar pan? I'm shocked! :eek: What kind of consultant are you? JK! :D

I use mine for bacon occasionally too. Sometimes I just need 3-4 pieces quickly for a recipe, and if I put it in the grill pan, and put the press on it, it will fry up very quickly, and the press keeps it from splattering all over.

1. How many people have this product and how often do they use it?

The number of people who own this product varies and it ultimately depends on individual preferences and needs. However, many customers find this product to be useful and use it frequently in their daily cooking routines.

2. What is this product typically used for?

This product is a versatile kitchen tool and can be used for a variety of tasks such as chopping, blending, mixing, and pureeing. It can also be used for making sauces, dips, and dressings.

3. Is it worth getting this product with my points?

Using your points to get this product is a personal decision and depends on your cooking habits and needs. However, many customers have found it to be a valuable addition to their kitchen and have been satisfied with their purchase.

4. Do people tend to buy this product and not use it?

As with any product, there may be some customers who do not use it as often as they thought they would. However, many customers have found this product to be useful and use it regularly in their cooking routines.

5. Should I consider a different product instead?

Ultimately, the decision to purchase this product or another one depends on your personal preferences and needs. We recommend researching and reading reviews to determine which product best fits your cooking style and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchris
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies