• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Concerns about Starting as a Pampered Chef Consultant - Tips and Advice

In summary, the speaker is concerned that their director has already reached out to all the potential customers they know and that no one will buy from them. However, the other person reassures them that there are still plenty of people who have not been to a Pampered Chef show and that they should not pre-judge potential hosts. They also suggest talking to the director about their concerns and making a list of 100 people to reach out to. Additionally, the director may be willing to share their customer base with the new consultant to help them get their business started.
emiscookin
Ok, so I am signing up to become a consultant tomorrow :D Yay! I am very excited to start jumping into the Pampered Chef experience!!

I have a concern though.

My director (the lady signing me up) has been around here for a while and I GREW UP here so I know lots of people (but not as much as you would think, having grown up here). I have talked to a few of my friends about becoming a consultant and one of them told me that they just recently attended a party by my director. I got nervous. :confused: Because she said, "Yeah, that lady (my director) just did a couple of parties recently for the ladies in our church." I thought, Oh crap! Thanks to my director I don't think any of these ladies will come to one of my debut parties because they are all "spent out!! I'm not gonna lie, and no offense to the ladies in my church, but quite a few of them are cheapskates.

I started to worry again when I chatted with another friend of mine today and said she hosted a party for my director about a year ago. Sadly no one showed up (and I will share that story in another thread) but...yeah.

I feel like my director has hit up EVERYBODY that I am thinking of inviting to my first few shows and that NO ONE is gonna buy from me because they spent all their money at her shows! :( This is not good...I need to get my business jumpstarted and I am beginning with ALL the people I know and am close with. Is there any hope for me????

Help. :(

A year is a long time ago for a show. And just because the church ladies have been to a show recently, doesn't mean they're the only people you can get shows with. You're not limited to any particular area, so reach out to friends and family outside of your area, too. And I'm sure your Director won't mind sharing some of her customer base with you.

Talk to her about your concerns. Start writing down names of people you know. You'll be fine!

I agreee, a year ago is a long time considering our catalogs / products change twice a year. We have had new products come and some products go since then. I have found that when you ask people and tell them you are new to Pampered Chef and just starting out they are more apt to help too.

Not to mention there are more then just those people. I have been to shows believe it or not that people say they have never been to a show before or have not heard about us (WHAT???) but it does happen and I know for a fact that there are around 10+ consultants in my area alone. So I am sure you will eventually run into someone who has never been to a show, never been asked or has never heard of us.. It can happen.. It still amazes me

My friend who hosted a show a year ago, yeah, I am not so concerned about that one. I am concerned with my other friend who just attended a show (along with the other ladies I know in the church) about 2 months ago...
I guess the catalog has changed since then....
Sorry, I worry a lot. ;)

I have one host who likes to do a show every 2-3 months. I have another one who does a show at least once a year & it's always over $1,000. I had a guy do a $600 catalog show. He shocked me AND his wife! LOL Don't pre-judge your potential hosts! :D Do your list of 100 and talk to everyone about the business. I do hand down customers to my new recruits. Especially if the customer is their friend. I just did a show on Sat, a guest decided to sign as a consultant (did it on Sunday) & I'm giving her the Sat show & the 3 bookings off that show to help her get her new business up & off the ground. Hopefully, your Director will help you like that too! :D

Sheila said:
I have one host who likes to do a show every 2-3 months. I have another one who does a show at least once a year & it's always over $1,000. I had a guy do a $600 catalog show. He shocked me AND his wife! LOL Don't pre-judge your potential hosts! :D Do your list of 100 and talk to everyone about the business. I do hand down customers to my new recruits. Especially if the customer is their friend. I just did a show on Sat, a guest decided to sign as a consultant (did it on Sunday) & I'm giving her the Sat show & the 3 bookings off that show to help her get her new business up & off the ground. Hopefully, your Director will help you like that too! :D

Aww! That is very sweet of you Sheila! :angel: I would love it if my Director would do that for me! We shall see!

Also try to find a friend that lives out of your community that you wouldn't mind traveling to, and get a different circle started. Pampered Chef works better, if you can get out of your personal cirlce faster!

Don't worry. No one ever buys everything they wat at one party. They are your friends so they will support you - some may not but we all have friends like that. :rolleyes:

I just did a show with 8 people in attendance and with her $200 outside orders she had $700 in sales and 4 bookings. The 1st booking was 2 weeks later and she had $700 in sales - many of the same people. Two of the other bookings are in April and both say they have a lot of interest.

Not all groups are like the one I just described but it's just as likely to happen as not.

When you invite people to your kickoff party ask them to bring friends you don't know. Tell them you want to branch out as quickly as you can because you would never want your friends to feel like you are depending on them. You'd be surprised how they'll help you!

BE POSITIVE!! and CONGRATULATIONS on your new business!

emiscookin said:
Aww! That is very sweet of you Sheila! :angel: I would love it if my Director would do that for me! We shall see!

My Director was generous like that when I started, so I'm just doing my best to pay it forward! :D Oh, and when we sat down tonight to data entry the orders into her new P3 software, we noticed a 4th booking. Is it sad that I lost count? :lol: She's super excited! She's putting in this show, has her kick off show on the 17th & the first booking show off this one on the 18th. Then another booking off this show on May 1st. She should have a really GOOD first 30 days with 4 shows, this one is already at around $950, but the new consultant had ordered a tad over $200 as a guest at the show before she decided to sign as a consultant. I've advised her to reconsider ordering that much as a guest since she can get it much cheaper as a consultant. She's collecting a couple of outside orders to toss onto the show & help the host so she can pull out most (if not all) of her order and save herself some money. We are going to close tomorrow so I'm anxious to see how much more they collect.

But even if your recruiter doesn't help you out that much, it can still be done. You just have to spread the word to all your friends, family, acquaintances, etc that you've started your own business & ask if they would be willing to host a show to help you get your new business up & off the ground. :D

1. Should I be concerned if my Pampered Chef products are made in China?

No, you should not be concerned. Pampered Chef products made in China go through rigorous quality control measures and meet all safety and health standards set by the company. We have a strong relationship with our manufacturers in China and ensure that all products are made with the highest quality materials.

2. Should I be concerned about the safety of using Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

No, you should not be concerned. All Pampered Chef products are microwave-safe and have been tested to withstand high temperatures. However, it is important to follow the instructions and recommended cooking times for each product to ensure safe and proper use.

3. Should I be concerned about the durability of Pampered Chef products?

No, you should not be concerned. Pampered Chef takes pride in creating high-quality, durable products that are built to last. We use only the best materials and conduct extensive testing to ensure that our products can withstand daily use and last for years to come.

4. Should I be concerned about the warranty on Pampered Chef products?

No, you should not be concerned. All Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not satisfied with your product, we will gladly replace it or provide a refund. Our warranty covers manufacturing defects and normal wear and tear.

5. Should I be concerned about the environmental impact of using Pampered Chef products?

No, you should not be concerned. Pampered Chef is committed to sustainability and reducing our environmental impact. We use eco-friendly materials and packaging, and our products are designed to be long-lasting and reduce the need for frequent replacements. We also offer a recycling program for our products at the end of their life cycle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shannon Russell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Shannon Russell
  • Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Anita Cotugno