• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shortcut on Lettuce..can I Do This

In summary, a "Shortcut on Lettuce" is a method used to quickly and easily chop lettuce for salads or other dishes. It involves stacking and rolling several lettuce leaves and then slicing them into thin, evenly sized strips. This technique can be used with any type of lettuce, but works best with softer varieties. No special tools are needed, though a serrated knife may make the process easier. It can also be used with other leafy greens such as spinach or kale, as long as tough stems or ribs are removed. To achieve the best results, use a sharp knife, gentle pressure, and slice the rolled leaves thinly. It is also important to wash and dry the lettuce before using this technique.
Kimberlymmj
I am making the grilled chicken with a mexican taxco salad and dressing. Can I use the bagged iceberg lettuce in the salad spinner or should I do everything from scratch?

I am so very nervouse because tomorrow is my first real show. It came to me yesterday as a surprise phone call referral and she wanted me to come tomorrow. I have been practicing but boy my nerves are getting to me.

I use bagged lettuce at shows all the time.

Me, too - and pre-shredded cheese, too. I figure that my customers already use those things, I might as well show them that they can use our tools without changing up their whole kitchen routine.

chefann said:
Me, too - and pre-shredded cheese, too. I figure that my customers already use those things, I might as well show them that they can use our tools without changing up their whole kitchen routine.

Exactly! :thumbup:

Yes, we sell shredders for cheese and other products but you don't want to overwhelm your host and guests that they need everything and to totally change the way they do everything. I use bag stuff at shows too.

Wishing you good luck with your first show tomorrow night! Take a deep breath and you'll do great! Keep us posted on how it went!

What is a "Shortcut on Lettuce"?

A "Shortcut on Lettuce" is a popular technique used by many home cooks to quickly and easily chop lettuce for salads or other dishes. It involves stacking several lettuce leaves on top of each other, rolling them tightly, and then slicing the rolled leaves to create thin, evenly sized strips.

Can I use any type of lettuce for a "Shortcut on Lettuce"?

Yes, you can use any type of lettuce for this technique. However, it works best with softer lettuces such as green leaf, red leaf, or butter lettuce. Sturdier lettuces like romaine may be more difficult to roll and slice.

Do I need any special tools to do a "Shortcut on Lettuce"?

No, you do not need any special tools. All you need is a sharp knife and a cutting board. However, some people find it easier to use a serrated knife for slicing the rolled lettuce.

Can I do a "Shortcut on Lettuce" with other leafy greens?

Yes, you can use this technique for other leafy greens such as spinach, kale, or chard. Just make sure to remove any tough stems or ribs before rolling and slicing.

Are there any tips for getting the best results with a "Shortcut on Lettuce"?

A few tips to keep in mind for the best results are to make sure your knife is sharp, use gentle pressure when rolling the lettuce, and slice the rolled leaves as thinly as possible. Also, be sure to wash and dry your lettuce leaves before using this technique.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies