• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for a Special Pan to Make Grandma's Shortbread

In summary, the best type of pan for making shortbread is a heavy-gauge aluminum pan with a non-stick coating. Glass pans can also be used, but adjustments to baking time and temperature may be necessary. Square pans are recommended for achieving a traditional look, but round pans will also work. Silicone pans are not recommended for shortbread as they do not conduct heat properly. To prevent sticking, thoroughly grease the pan or use parchment paper.
pchefinski
has PC ever carried one of these? i was asked by a man who desperately is searching for one to make his grandmother's shortbread recipe (from Scotland)..

the pan has shallow wells, with almost complete separation breaks, so when you press the dough into the form and bake it, when you flip it out, the shortbreads snap apart.

it would be nice to help this man find what he's looking for..

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any pans that PC has carried that would fit this man's needs. However, there are a number of companies that make pans specifically designed for making shortbreads. You can search online for "shortbread pan" and you should be able to find a wide variety of options.

1. What type of pan is best for making shortbread?

The best type of pan for making shortbread is a heavy-gauge aluminum pan with a non-stick coating. This type of pan will ensure even baking and easy removal of the shortbread.

2. Can I use a glass pan for making shortbread?

Yes, you can use a glass pan for making shortbread. However, keep in mind that glass pans tend to conduct heat differently than metal pans, so you may need to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

3. Should I use a round or square pan for making shortbread?

Either shape of pan will work for making shortbread. However, if you want to achieve the traditional look of shortbread, a square pan is recommended.

4. Can I use a silicone pan for making shortbread?

While silicone pans are great for many types of baking, they are not recommended for making shortbread. Shortbread needs a sturdy, heat-conducting pan to bake properly and achieve the desired texture.

5. How do I prevent my shortbread from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your shortbread from sticking to the pan, make sure to thoroughly grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the dough. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pctharper