• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommy Party: Shop, Bake, and Give - A Fun Event for Kids and Moms!

In summary, this conversation is about a party where kids can come in and shop for their moms (or dads). The party would involve the moms sitting and going through a catalog while the kids make cookies with the help of the dad. When the mom is done, they can enjoy some food and the dad will then help the kids choose something from the catalog that the mom has provided. The cookies that the kids make will then be wrapped and given to the mom as a present.
codorey
I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a party where kids can come in and shop for their moms (or dads)? I was thinking of one next month and didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done. I was thinking of having the moms sit and go through the catalog while I make cookies with the kids. When the mom is done with her list, she can enjoy some food and I will then sit with the kids and help them pick something from the list that mom has provided. Then the kids can take the cookies that they made home. When the items come in, I was thinking that I could wrap the gifts for the kids to give. I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on this. I'm kind of new and am having a hard time getting bookings and thought this might help get my name out there.
Thanks

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea!
My only negative feedback is how are you going to prevent the mom's from knowing what they are getting? They'll probably be the ones paying for it and if they've made a wish list for the kids, they would probably guess by price what they are getting.
Otherwise, I think it is a fabulous idea! :thumbup:

I was thinking that if they have a list of several things to choose from, then they won't be sure exactly that they got. Plus when you add in shipping and tax, they might help to "hide" what they got. Thanks for the feedback. I'll post on here how it goes.

i think moms could just give the kiddos a cash allowance for holiday gifts (my parents did this when we went chsirtmas shopping) and then the mom doesnt see the total price at all.

ShelbyMichalek said:
i think moms could just give the kiddos a cash allowance for holiday gifts (my parents did this when we went chsirtmas shopping) and then the mom doesnt see the total price at all.

Great ideas from both of y'all!!! Wish I had thought of it in time to implement it. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Cute idea!

Another thought, buy a bunch of identical items before the event, then let the kids go wrap it during the party and take it home that night. You could charge a per-child fee for the show to cover the cost of what you bought. Actually, if you did cookbooks you could have a variety in case the parent brings 2-3 children, they get different gifts from the kids. Or spices/rubs.

That's a great Idea, Sheila. I wonder which one would do better. I may have to change my strategy.

I think cookbooks are best. OR what about one of each! ;)The cookbooks are a long-term gift. They don't run out, expire or break. The spices might encourage future purchases from Mom.

Sheila said:
Cute idea!

Another thought, buy a bunch of identical items before the event, then let the kids go wrap it during the party and take it home that night. You could charge a per-child fee for the show to cover the cost of what you bought. Actually, if you did cookbooks you could have a variety in case the parent brings 2-3 children, they get different gifts from the kids. Or spices/rubs.

I REALLY love this!

Brain storming is what rocks about this forum. 2+ brains are always better than 1. ;)

1. What is a "Shopping for Mommy Party"?

A "Shopping for Mommy Party" is a fun and interactive event where you and your friends can shop for the perfect gifts for all the moms in your life. This party is hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant and includes product demonstrations, games, and exclusive deals on our top-rated kitchen tools and gadgets.

2. How do I host a "Shopping for Mommy Party"?

Hosting a "Shopping for Mommy Party" is easy! Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. Your consultant will guide you through the process and help you plan a successful and fun event for you and your guests.

3. What type of products can I expect to see at a "Shopping for Mommy Party"?

At a "Shopping for Mommy Party", you can expect to see a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and other cooking and baking essentials. We also have a selection of products specifically designed for busy moms, such as our Quick Cooker and Quick Cooker accessories.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a "Shopping for Mommy Party"?

Yes, as a host of a "Shopping for Mommy Party", you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales of your party. Your consultant will provide you with more information on our generous host rewards program.

5. Can I customize the theme of my "Shopping for Mommy Party"?

Absolutely! We want your party to be as unique as you are, so you can work with your consultant to customize the theme and activities of your "Shopping for Mommy Party". Whether you want to focus on cooking, baking, or both, we can help you plan a party that your guests will love.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies