1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Shooting at Ft Hood in Texas :(

1. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

Please be praying for the soldiers and their families involved in this incident as it unfolds. The latest update says 12 dead, 31 wounded. The base is currently in lockdown and the primary shooter has been killed, though there may be as many as two other shooters at large.

Are there any cheffers on that base?

:(

Nov 5, 2009
  2. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

what happened?

Nov 5, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Nov 5, 2009
  4. DEBBI

DEBBI Member

My son is in the army ng here in pgh,pa and was to have been at ft hood this week (orders changed) he really had an angel on his shoulder

my hearts go out to the other families...

Nov 5, 2009
  5. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have lived on Ft. Hood in the past and I do have a consultant under me who is there now. Her husband and two sons are safe there and she is on a womens Bible retreat that left this early this morning, so she was not in the area at the time.

Please pray for these families. The area that the shootings took place in is where soldiers go to either 1)get ready for a deployment to a war zone or 2) get cleared when they have returned from the war zone. These soldiers families are already going through a huge emotional time in their lives and then this happens. I have a husband who will be deploying in the next few months. I cannot imagine the feeling of having him return home safely after a year or longer away and thinking everything is fine now, and then having this happen......basically in my own home. Because that's what this is. When I lived at Ft. Hood, I actually lived on post and my house was less than four miles from where this happened. This is as much a tragedy....in fact, even more so.....than soldiers dying in combat. Please pray for the entire military community. It effects all of us, even if we aren't at Ft. Hood.

Nov 5, 2009
  6. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I have a former consultant of mine there. Hopefully I will get to call her soon. We have Fort Drum post near us and I just can't imagine the horror this must have been. What truly wonderful people helped these soldiers in their time of need also. Very impressive soldiers and post police. What these military families have to go through is hard enough without something like this happening.

Nov 6, 2009
Have something to add?