• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kansas Shipping Tax: Answers from a Missouri Consultant

In summary, the sales tax rate for shipping in Kansas is 6.5%. This rate applies to all taxable items shipped to a Kansas address, including those purchased through Pampered Chef. If you live outside of Kansas, you are not required to pay sales tax on shipping. However, if the item you are purchasing is taxable in your state, you may be responsible for paying sales tax on the total cost of the item, including shipping. There are certain exemptions to paying sales tax on shipping in Kansas, such as items shipped to buyers outside the state, for use in a business, or for resale. Sales tax on shipping in Kansas is calculated based on the total cost of the item, including any shipping charges, at a rate of
RockettChef
I am a Missouri Consultant with my first Kansas Host. Do you charge sales tax on shipping in the state of Kansas? Thanks for your help.

Yes, you must charge tax on shipping in all states EXCEPT: AK,DC,DE,ID,IL,MA,MT,NH,NJ,OH,OK,OR and WY. This info is found on the back of the PP receipts. Also, if you ever have a question concerning tax for another state, there is a section on CC where you can look up this info. Hope this helps.

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN
www.pamperedchef.biz/dawntrudell

Hey Rockettchef...what part of Missouri are you from??

What is the sales tax rate for shipping in Kansas?

The sales tax rate for shipping in Kansas is 6.5%. This rate applies to all taxable items shipped to a Kansas address, including those purchased through Pampered Chef.

Do I have to pay sales tax on shipping if I live outside of Kansas?

If you live outside of Kansas, you are not required to pay sales tax on shipping. However, if the item you are purchasing is taxable in your state, you may be responsible for paying sales tax on the total cost of the item, including shipping.

Are there any exemptions to paying sales tax on shipping in Kansas?

Yes, there are certain exemptions to paying sales tax on shipping in Kansas. These exemptions include items that are shipped to a buyer outside of the state, items that are shipped to a buyer for use in a business, and items that are shipped to a buyer for resale.

How is sales tax on shipping calculated in Kansas?

Sales tax on shipping in Kansas is calculated based on the total cost of the item, including any shipping charges. This rate is currently 6.5%.

Can I get a refund for sales tax on shipping if I return my purchase?

If you return your purchase, you may be eligible for a refund of the sales tax on shipping. However, this will depend on the specific return policy of the seller and the laws of your state. It is best to contact the seller directly for information about their return policy and potential refunds for sales tax on shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paigev71
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
paigev71
  • maryskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
maryskitchen
  • robochick84