• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Time and Money on Shipping with Priority Flat Rate Envelopes - USPS Hack!

In summary, the author suggests sending host packets using Priority Flat Rate Envelopes. The envelopes cost $4.75-$4.90 to ship, and the postage is free if you purchase and print the shipping label online. The author also suggests using an envelope of your own and just selecting the regular Priority Rate.
esavvymom
Staff member
I know alot of us end up mailing Host Packets and such, and it's not cheap. (I'm hoping this year to do less MAILING and more delivering- either at shows, or in person).BUT, if you do still have do it via mail now and then, one thing I've recently discovered is much easier, is to just Send them Priority Flat Rate Envelopes. You can go online to the Usps.com and in their store https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10052&parent_category_rn=10000002&categoryId=10000033&top_category=10000002&langId=-1&catalogId=10001- select the Flat Rate boxes/envelopes. You can get them for FREE- they'll ship to your door!! You'll get the envelopes or boxes or whatever you prefer. Priority Flat Rate Envelopes cost $4.75-$4.90 to ship. If you purchase and print your shipping label online- it costs $4.75. If you buy it at the Post Office- it's $4.90 (plus the hassle of going to the post office). Just create an account on their site, and then you can buy and print online! Save time and a little money...plus your host gets her stuff in 2-3 days!I print mine on regular paper and just tape it to my Flat Rate Envelope and stick it in the mailbox (or by it). You can also schedule pickup of the item (during the checkout).Wasn't sure how many knew this feature with the USPS, but it's handy and saves me a ton of trips to the Post Office!

Someone else has mentioned this to me, but they didn't give all the details. Thanks for this post! I am going to consider doing this!!

Oh- and if you don't have the Priority Flat Rate Envelopes on hand yet, you can use one of your own and just choose the regular Priority Rate...I did that today and it was only $0.05 (buying online).Just a note- the button to purchase your postage online is on the LEFT side of the screen that comes up showing you the prices. It's not huge, but just look on the left of the table with the prices/options.

That's GREAT info Bobbi!I miss the USPS! We are not allowed to use the military mail for business purposes. Therefore, I have to hand deliver all of my packets. There is no mail delivery to my residence nor would I ever have the option of having a mail carrier pick up something at my residence. :( Ahhh, the sacrifices we military wives have to make! ;)

I do this all the time. Get the free envelopes at the post office or you can order them online for absolutely free. I don't even request carrier pick up--my carrier will take them anytime I leave them out.

And free delivery confirmation is included in that internet price! You put in your e-mail address, and you'll get an e-mail when they've delivered the packet. I love doing it this way! Then I know when the host got it for sure and can follow up w/ them accordingly. :)

Okay, I'm the resident dummy. I just ordered some envelopes (which I found to be very exciting), and I see where to "print a shipping label" but it asks me for the package weight, and there's no option to select a flat rate box. What am I doing wrong?

Keith, when it's a flat rate, you put in an estimated shipping weight and on the next page you can select flat rate. It's dumb, but that's how it works.

Thanks for the great advertisement for the United States Postal Service!!! (My FT job!) I have done this type of thing when selling things on Ebay (pre-pampered chef days) but haven't thought to send host packets that way!
Thanks for the great advice...(and job security!) :D

you have to put in a weight of at least 13 oz--anything less can go regular first class.A host packet with 3 catalogs, a show planner, opp brochure, and host/guest specials is about 16 oz or so.

Thanks for the great advertisement for the United States Postal Service!!! (My FT job!) I have done this type of thing when selling things on Ebay (pre-pampered chef days) but haven't thought to send host packets that way!
Thanks for the great advice...(and job security!)
I thank you all as well -- as it's my PT job. This is a great way to send your host packets.

What is the "Shipping Time-Saver" and how does it work?

The "Shipping Time-Saver" is a service offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to expedite the shipping process for their orders. This service allows us to prioritize and process your order faster, resulting in a quicker delivery time. Simply select the "Shipping Time-Saver" option at checkout and your order will be shipped out within one business day.

How much does the "Shipping Time-Saver" cost?

The cost of the "Shipping Time-Saver" service varies depending on the size and weight of your order. You will see the exact cost at checkout before finalizing your purchase. We strive to keep our prices competitive and ensure that this service is affordable for our customers.

Can I use the "Shipping Time-Saver" for international orders?

At this time, the "Shipping Time-Saver" service is only available for domestic orders within the United States. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are constantly working to expand our services and hope to offer this option for international orders in the future.

Will using the "Shipping Time-Saver" guarantee my order will arrive on a specific date?

While the "Shipping Time-Saver" does expedite the shipping process, we are unable to guarantee a specific delivery date. Factors such as weather, carrier delays, and unforeseen circumstances may affect the delivery time. We recommend selecting the "Shipping Time-Saver" option if you need your order by a certain date, but we cannot guarantee it.

Can I cancel or change my order after selecting the "Shipping Time-Saver" option?

Once the "Shipping Time-Saver" option is selected and your order is processed, we are unable to cancel or make any changes to your order. This service is designed to expedite the shipping process, so it is important to review your order carefully before selecting this option at checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • redsoxgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • Kathytnt