• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping time-saver

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I know alot of us end up mailing Host Packets and such, and it's not cheap. (I'm hoping this year to do less MAILING and more delivering- either at shows, or in person).

BUT, if you do still have do it via mail now and then, one thing I've recently discovered is much easier, is to just Send them Priority Flat Rate Envelopes. You can go online to the Usps.com and in their store (or click here)- select the Flat Rate boxes/envelopes. You can get them for FREE- they'll ship to your door!! You'll get the envelopes or boxes or whatever you prefer.

Priority Flat Rate Envelopes cost $4.75-$4.90 to ship. If you purchase and print your shipping label online- it costs $4.75. If you buy it at the Post Office- it's $4.90 (plus the hassle of going to the post office). Just create an account on their site, and then you can buy and print online! Save time and a little money...plus your host gets her stuff in 2-3 days!

I print mine on regular paper and just tape it to my Flat Rate Envelope and stick it in the mailbox (or by it). You can also schedule pickup of the item (during the checkout).

Wasn't sure how many knew this feature with the USPS, but it's handy and saves me a ton of trips to the Post Office!

peachey

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2008
Someone else has mentioned this to me, but they didn't give all the details. Thanks for this post! I am going to consider doing this!!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Oh- and if you don't have the Priority Flat Rate Envelopes on hand yet, you can use one of your own and just choose the regular Priority Rate...I did that today and it was only $0.05 (buying online).

Just a note- the button to purchase your postage online is on the LEFT side of the screen that comes up showing you the prices. It's not huge, but just look on the left of the table with the prices/options.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
That's GREAT info Bobbi!

I miss the USPS! We are not allowed to use the military mail for business purposes. Therefore, I have to hand deliver all of my packets. There is no mail delivery to my residence nor would I ever have the option of having a mail carrier pick up something at my residence. :( Ahhh, the sacrifices we military wives have to make! ;)

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I do this all the time. Get the free envelopes at the post office or you can order them online for absolutely free.

I don't even request carrier pick up--my carrier will take them anytime I leave them out.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
And free delivery confirmation is included in that internet price! You put in your e-mail address, and you'll get an e-mail when they've delivered the packet. I love doing it this way! Then I know when the host got it for sure and can follow up w/ them accordingly. :)

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
Okay, I'm the resident dummy. I just ordered some envelopes (which I found to be very exciting), and I see where to "print a shipping label" but it asks me for the package weight, and there's no option to select a flat rate box. What am I doing wrong?

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
Keith, when it's a flat rate, you put in an estimated shipping weight and on the next page you can select flat rate. It's dumb, but that's how it works.

mailgirl1978

Feb 19, 2010
Thanks for the great advertisement for the United States Postal Service!!! (My FT job!) I have done this type of thing when selling things on Ebay (pre-pampered chef days) but haven't thought to send host packets that way!
Thanks for the great advice...(and job security!) :D

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
you have to put in a weight of at least 13 oz--anything less can go regular first class.

A host packet with 3 catalogs, a show planner, opp brochure, and host/guest specials is about 16 oz or so.

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
Thanks for the great advertisement for the United States Postal Service!!! (My FT job!) I have done this type of thing when selling things on Ebay (pre-pampered chef days) but haven't thought to send host packets that way!
Thanks for the great advice...(and job security!)

I thank you all as well -- as it's my PT job. This is a great way to send your host packets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KJP
Replies
Views
ccpchef
Replies
Views
csnteacher
Replies
Views