• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping Rate on Supply Orders Going up

In summary, starting from March 1, the shipping charges for supply orders will be based on the actual cost instead of a flat rate of $4.75. This change was previously mentioned in the Weekly Motivation and confirmed by the home office. While this may result in higher shipping costs, consultants will now be able to combine different types of orders, such as personal orders, kit enhancements, and supply orders. This change applies to all orders, not just sample products for spring/summer. It is advised to place sample and supply orders by February 29 to take advantage of the current rates. The Newswire also mentions that shipping costs are affected by rising shipping and fuel costs, and the company does not typically announce shipping increases at conferences.
I have felt like since Doris left the company, that things are not communicated quite as well. Just my opinion.

This whole thing is so frustrating. I have PC dollars to spend and I am a new consultant. I had a order in PPP I was waiting to send through for 300 dollars in product to have for my home and shows. The shipping for that is going to be over $32. There is no $9.50 limit, I don't know where people are reading that. Today is March 1st, I have not placed a personal order this month. $34? Really....this was very poorly handled by HO. I will be calling tomorrow to complain. We all should be telling HO not just venting here. I understand the change, and that gas is going up again etc, but they did a piss poor job letting us know. And I feel like there should be a ceiling in the shipping. I shouldn't have to pay $34 for a personal order. In the "consultant shipping rates" it says any order over $200 pays 4% tax. My product total is $378.00. 4% of that is $15.12, yet PPP is charging me $33 and change. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
I know this is all frustrating and I urge everyone to contact HO to express the frustration of not getting the full info and especially that the shipping rates are incorrect on P3. They need to do a fix and then an update. Vent away on here too if you need to. That is part of what CS is here for but also tell HO so they have a chance to fix it.

I've been emailing HO about a few things and I get the token e-mail that they will respond and I get nothing a lot of times. So why do they tell us to email them and then they don't respond.$32 is ridiculous for shipping. I would definitely call them and find out. THe only shipping chart I have seen is the one that came on the spring samples order form. Is that the correct one? I believe the directors and above got something about this so does it match up.I think HO needs to send out an e-mail to all of us about what is going on with the shipping. Going to go e-mail them again right now!

I emailed my director for more info. Hopefully she will have something to share. but I am afraid she might not know either. She is usually really good at passing info along.

The information that Amanda posted is all we directors got.

It's good to email because they DO read them and when they get a lot saying the same thing they DO re-visit the issue.

My director got back to me and just pointed me to the new chart on the supply order form. No further details. Oh well. I have a customer appreciation show this weekend and I am giving away the benefits. I am tempted to order on it as host verse waiting on my kit enhancement just to save on shipping. (i would keep it as consultant as host so as not to break the rules) but I as big of a shock as the shipping change is I think the kit enhancement discount is still better

I'm with Beth, can everyone email HO about this? Whether we get replies or not. This is what I sent

I just tried entering some replacement parts orders for customers into P3. It is showing shipping charges.
Can you please correct this programming mistake and issue an update?

I realize shipping for sample & supply orders increased on March 1st, but nothing was said in PC Newswire about replacements parts. I just double-checked the Feb 14th newswire and it clearly states

Place Sample/Supply Orders by Feb. 29

middlemamma said:
This whole thing is so frustrating. I have PC dollars to spend and I am a new consultant. I had a order in PPP I was waiting to send through for 300 dollars in product to have for my home and shows. The shipping for that is going to be over $32. There is no $9.50 limit, I don't know where people are reading that. Today is March 1st, I have not placed a personal order this month. $34? Really....this was very poorly handled by HO. I will be calling tomorrow to complain. We all should be telling HO not just venting here. I understand the change, and that gas is going up again etc, but they did a piss poor job letting us know. And I feel like there should be a ceiling in the shipping. I shouldn't have to pay $34 for a personal order. In the "consultant shipping rates" it says any order over $200 pays 4% tax. My product total is $378.00. 4% of that is $15.12, yet PPP is charging me $33 and change. It makes no sense.

What did they say? I am really hoping that is an over sight and they fix it back to the 4%. At first I thought 4% was pretty outrageous but it is looking better and better compared to what you were quoted.

Wow I just noticed that there is shipping on Replacement Parts too. $4.75 for $1.00 order. Not cool at all!

UPDATE:
I rebooted PPP and the $33 dollar charges went away. But this occurred WHILE I was on the phone with home office and before I was able to read the updates people put on here regarding rebooting. Now the charges are the 4% and they are on my total AFTER my 20% discount which I wasn't expecting. So that is good I guess.Thanks for all the responses folks.

StacieB said:
Wow I just noticed that there is shipping on Replacement Parts too. $4.75 for $1.00 order. Not cool at all!

That's ridiculous! That stuff is sent dumb post anyway! If they need to increase the prices a bit to include shipping, then do it. Replacement parts are something I always have sent directly to the customer. I don't want to carry a replacement part inventory!!

monicag said:
I have felt like since Doris left the company, that things are not communicated quite as well. Just my opinion.

Ever since Doris jumped ship there seems to be a lot of changes. And I don't necessarily mean that in a good way. :grumpy:

Not sure if Doris leaving is the cause of it all. Lots of companies have had to change how they do business since the 80s and 90s. LOL I hope she was not their proofreader, though.

This change about the replacement parts really ticks me off. I always talked it up about how PC gave better value than similar-priced items from Oxo or comparable brands. PC items can have a longer life if a small part goes missing or breaks, because the replacement part is cost-effective to keep the item in service.

It was only a good deal because it was free shipping on those little $2-$6 parts. Who in their right mind is going to buy replacement feet for the stackable cooling rack for $7.50 when it used to be $2.50? Lids for prep bowls? Decorator bottle tips, and on and on.

No, most will not, when they find out the shipping cost, and they will go out and buy something from a store instead of going back to PC. I really think this is the beginning of the end of replacement parts, don't you all think so, too?

There have been some good changes, since Doris left, though - like offering discontinued items on the outlet! Good grief, when that first started they were trotting out stuff that had been retired at least 10 years and no longer needed to be kept in inventory for any guarantee reasons. That was good business decision. The shipping cost on replacement parts is not, IMO.

SO I have a question-

This is from HO-
We wanted to minimize the impact of increased shipping rates on you. In the new website, we’ll have a good solution. You’ll be able to simplify and consolidate non-commissionable order types into three shopping carts:

Product Cart (Personal, Sample Products, Replacement Parts and Outlet)
Business Supply Cart (Supply, Paperwork Pre-Order, Business-Building Kit for New Consultants and Replacement Parts)
Kit Enhancement

You may experience an increase, decrease or no change to your typical shipping cost, depending upon the size of your order. The best way to lower your overall percentage of shipping charges will be to consolidate your orders as much as possible.

-----------------

I Understand it says NEW web...but what do we do in the interim??
I have someone that wants the garlic cleaner and its only 2.50
If I order it today on p3 s/h charges are 4.75 and I see no way to combine the orders to take advantage of the shipping chgs- DID I MISS SOMETHING????

They should not change the shipping rates until they actually launch the newsite so we can actually do the combined shipping! I think they anticipated a broader roll out when they planned the timing.

esavvymom said:
they should not change the shipping rates until they actually launch the newsite so we can actually do the combined shipping! I think they anticipated a broader roll out when they planned the timing.

i agree!!! All in favor write ho!!!!!

If we all chime in they will chg things!!!!

nancycookspc said:
SO I have a question-

This is from HO-
We wanted to minimize the impact of increased shipping rates on you. In the new website, we’ll have a good solution. You’ll be able to simplify and consolidate non-commissionable order types into three shopping carts:

Product Cart (Personal, Sample Products, Replacement Parts and Outlet)
Business Supply Cart (Supply, Paperwork Pre-Order, Business-Building Kit for New Consultants and Replacement Parts)
Kit Enhancement

You may experience an increase, decrease or no change to your typical shipping cost, depending upon the size of your order. The best way to lower your overall percentage of shipping charges will be to consolidate your orders as much as possible.

-----------------

I Understand it says NEW web...but what do we do in the interim??
I have someone that wants the garlic cleaner and its only 2.50
If I order it today on p3 s/h charges are 4.75 and I see no way to combine the orders to take advantage of the shipping chgs- DID I MISS SOMETHING????

Yes - but ALL of my replacement part orders are directly shipped to the customer - which means they will still be paying way more for shipping than the cost of the part. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - but ALL of my replacement part orders are directly shipped to the customer - which means they will still be paying way more for shipping than the cost of the part. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
That's what I meant about the beginning of the end of the entire replacement part program. I am not going to carry inventory of replacements nor combine orders to save shipping and then drive around town delivering them. They might as well cancel it now and be done with it. If this business decision stands, I am never going to mention replacement parts at a show as a value-added perk of doing business with PC, ever again.

Just a thought- while the cost to ship replacement parts in the past has been FREE we need to remember that it still costs the company money to ship these out. While I am not thrilled with the new shipping charges I am glad that they were not passed on to our customers and I can understand why they are charging us tiered shipping. It is just part of doing business. Everyone from the USPS to Fed Ex is increasing their shipping rates and we certainly can't expect PC to not change what they are charging in shipping.

I wish at least they would let us put replacement parts as part of a show! That's how I get most of my replacement orders at least then the customer wouldn't be paying twice.

wadesgirl said:
I wish at least they would let us put replacement parts as part of a show! That's how I get most of my replacement orders at least then the customer wouldn't be paying twice.

If shipping had not changed, I agree with this! We need to let HO know that this needs to be changed. 99% of my replacement part orders come from customers at my shows!

heather223 said:
Just a thought- while the cost to ship replacement parts in the past has been FREE we need to remember that it still costs the company money to ship these out. While I am not thrilled with the new shipping charges I am glad that they were not passed on to our customers and I can understand why they are charging us tiered shipping. It is just part of doing business. Everyone from the USPS to Fed Ex is increasing their shipping rates and we certainly can't expect PC to not change what they are charging in shipping.

All replacement parts are sent smartpost (err...dumbpost) which DOES NOT cost anywhere near the shipping that is now being charged for them.

The shipping charges have always been included in the price for replacement parts.. they had to pay tax based on where it was being shipped... read the replacement part form... second line says All prices include shipping charges... so the customer has always been responsible for shipping but with it hidden in the cost it wasn't an issue...

crissy11 said:
The shipping charges have always been included in the price for replacement parts.. they had to pay tax based on where it was being shipped... read the replacement part form... second line says All prices include shipping charges... so the customer has always been responsible for shipping but with it hidden in the cost it wasn't an issue...

I'm trying to figure out your post. If, as you say, shipping was always part of the cost, then why would an item that cost $1 plus tax before now be $1 plus tax, plus $4.75 shipping? That more than quadruples the price of the replacement part.

I'm usually very positive with changes from HO - but this one just does NOT make sense, and I cannot see any good coming from it. I will no longer be offering replacement parts, and the value of the service and product I offer has just taken a nose-dive, IMO.

I emailed HO last night and I think all of you should too!!

Becky.. look on your replacement parts order form you can download it from cc... it clearly states and has for the 13 years I have been selling that All Prices include shipping charges.. so if they don't lower the value of each part than they are getting double shipping fees..

crissy11 said:
Becky.. look on your replacement parts order form you can download it from cc... it clearly states and has for the 13 years I have been selling that All Prices include shipping charges.. so if they don't lower the value of each part than they are getting double shipping fees..

...meaning that there was no shipping charge. It was a service that PC provided which they have now decided to stop doing. A $1 item certainly cost at least that in shipping.

I am not happy about this either but it was a decision that was made after, I am sure, much thought.

I hope they listen to us and allow customers to add replacements to an order placed on a show. A past host can order her 60% off item and other things and the program knows which items to include in the show total before the sales are over $150 so I'm sure they could write the program to know those things aren't commissionable.

crissy11 said:

those sneaky suckers at HO changed the form, it now reads:

• Shipping and State Sales Tax applies.

lt1jane said:
those sneaky suckers at HO changed the form, it now reads:

WOW. Sneaky? It is changed because now shipping does apply. They would be irresponsible to not change the wording.

I know that everyone is upset about this change and the best thing we can do is let HO know how we feel and suggest other ways to handle it. They do listen to us and if they hear from enough people they will address it.

The point was that in the past, it always said shipping was included, tax was not. they are "sneaky" only because they did a terrible job of informing us of this. I realize that no one wants to be the bearer of bad news, but the way this bad news was conveyed to us was yes, sneaky. There were a couple of mentions here and there but no explanations at all. Never was it mentioned that this would be affecting replacement parts.

I stand by my original statement that it would have been better to raise replacement part prices to better cover the cost or let us add them to shows even if they don't add to the party total. I have no desire to carry an inventory of replacement parts, but that seems to be the most cost effective answer to the problem for our customers. It is not cost effective for us though, but HO would like it...

WOW. Sneaky? It is changed because now shipping does apply. They would be irresponsible to not change the wording.
Get off your high horse. I was a tongue in cheek remark. I realize you are the first person to generally take offense at everything others post, but really?

Last edited:
I don't understand WHY replacement parts couldn't be added to a show OR our orders as consultants. After all, 95%+ replacement parts are for customers. MOST wouldn't hardly add any weight to a show or bulk really. I think people would be more likely to order them right away too vs waiting until that part is no longer available. It's good customer service. It's crazy for a company that claims to be big on that is going the opposite way (or maybe it's only supposed to apply to us...but who gets to TELL them they have to pay $10 for that lid?). They could raise the price of each items a bit and that would be fine, but it should be available to order on a show as well.I was thinking the same thing...that a replacement part inventory (or at least combining orders would be what this would lead to). At least in our area (I'm in WI too and my customers are just not going think no big deal on this...I wouldn't). I guess we are just supposed to tell them that your part will cost $10 to replace. Not indicate that 1/2 was for shipping. Of course, for $5 more, you can have a whole Batter Bowl!! Hmmm...I rarely use my lids...I'll just start sell my lids! :)

Yes, I think it was sneaky, too. The Feb 14th newswire said sample shipping was going up and never mentioned replacement parts. Apparently their proofreaders didn't understand the P3 has a separate drop-down for replacement parts vs. supply or samples.

Also that new replacement parts list on CC is just that, a list.

There hasn't been a replacements parts order form on CC for over a year. Customers used to be able to go onto the PC website and download the replacement part order form and make their own orders which NEVER included shipping. It was tax only.

About a year ago it was changed so customers had to go through a consultant to get replacement parts.

If they make the new webiste & ordering app so replacement parts can get added to supply orders or show orders, I'm cool with that, but $4.75 shipping for a $1 part is stupid.

This increase was not communicated well at all from HO. Everybody please write them!

I agree that HO should be better at communicating this kind of thing with us and in a more timely manner but I don't see how the word sneaky even starts to fit here.I take offense at the comment about the high horse. Really?! How dare I try to correct a misunderstanding or diffuse rumors or defend something that HO does that we don't like. Geeze. I want to say more but I'll take the high road ...on my high horse I guess. lol

sneaky, underhanded, incompetent, inept, LOL.
Whatever word it is, a little replacement part that used to be $1.25 went up by about 500% and it wasn't communicated well at all.
My usual method is to contact folks after a party and build some more rapport with them about replacement parts. Had I known, I would have gotten their orders that night and placed them right away before the shipping cost went up!

So I sent HO an e-mail last week about replacements parts and shipping being $6.75 for a $1.00 item. Today, I got the e-mail below from HO saying that there is NO shipping being charged for replacement orders. I shut my system down twice and tried to put in a $1 item and now the shipping is down to $4.75. Anyone else receive replies back from HO?So is there shipping or NOT? I just e-mailed the guy back and asked and told him there is a lot of confusion about this.....PLEASE CLARIFY!!!!Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef.
There was a system issue which has been corrected. If you enter the order again there will be no shipping charges applied. I am sorry this happened.
Richard Kempfert
Solution Center Representative

Woo hoo! Great news! I was hoping it was a programming mistake!
I don't have time to test it right now, but I will later...it was showing the $4.75 on a prep bowl lid when I tried it before.

It's still showing $4.75 for shipping for a prep bowl lid. Just talked to HO about something else and asked the rep and she said there IS shipping on replacement parts. I told her what Richard e-mailed me and she said that is not correct.So who knows what is going on right now!!!! I don't think HO knows what's going on. I expressed my dissatisfaction of how this has all been communicated to us.

I shut down P3 and restarted and it's still coming up $4.75 for shipping. Oh well!

Has anyone else placed a supply order and had it shipped FedExSmartPost???? So, now the supplies that I need will take over a week to be delivered instead of the normal 2-3 days?? This is becoming ridiculous. It's also ridiculous when items go on back order, the hosts have to wait for them to be shipped to give out the rest of their orders AND now the backordered item is sent SmartPost which delays the deliver even further.

yankfan24 said:
Has anyone else placed a supply order and had it shipped FedExSmartPost???? So, now the supplies that I need will take over a week to be delivered instead of the normal 2-3 days?? This is becoming ridiculous. It's also ridiculous when items go on back order, the hosts have to wait for them to be shipped to give out the rest of their orders AND now the backordered item is sent SmartPost which delays the deliver even further.

They have been utilizing smart post for a while now. Some things go out Smart Post when they are small orders or lightweight things. What I try to do is make sure I'm ordering heavier things and going in on group orders with consultants in my team to help.

I guess I always end up ordering too much that's too heavy and haven't had them go smart post before. Just another little frustrating thing, that's all. I'm more concerned with the backordered items being delayed even more because of smart post.

I'd have the hosts still give out the orders even if they are missing something. Then just have them let their friends know that when the backordered items arrive, she'll get it to them right away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • jrb0328
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrb0328
  • sjspchef