• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choose Shipping Rate: 4$ or 15%?

In summary, the conversation discusses the different shipping rates available on Pampered Partner and how to choose the appropriate rate for each order. It also mentions the importance of being cautious when selecting the $4 shipping rate and ensuring that sales tax is calculated correctly for the shipping address. The conversation also touches on the possibility of combining orders to split the shipping cost and how to handle special shipping instructions for out-of-state orders.
ChefJesssica
Can you pick if someone pays the 4 dollar shipping rate or 15%? I would hate to charge 4 dollars for shipping for someone only buying a small item. If I can choose, how do I do this? Is there an option in the Pampered Partner?

Thanks in advance

ChefJesssica said:
Can you pick if someone pays the 4 dollar shipping rate or 15%? I would hate to charge 4 dollars for shipping for someone only buying a small item. If I can choose, how do I do this? Is there an option in the Pampered Partner?Thanks in advance
The $4 shipping rate is only for guests at a show who are having their order shipped directly to the host. The other rate is for individual orders or for guests who elect to have their order shipped to their homes or elsewhere.Be careful that you don't get yourself into the trick bag by choosing the $4 shipping rate for someone who doesn't qualify for it.Edited to add: Remember that sales tax on TPC items and the shipping is calculated for the shipping address. Don't get caught in that trick bag, either!

So, if someone at a part is only ordering 5 dollars worth of items, they still have to use the 4 dollar shipping charge?

(Sorry, I am new to this)

That would be a yes. It kinda stinks in a way, I have had people if they were good friends or family members choose to put their orders together and then split the shipping.

That's the way it isYes. The $4 is charged regardless of the total for the merchandise purchased. The 15% is used onlywhen someone wants items shipped directly to their door.

I've rarely had someone come to a show and want their order shipped directly to them. I have however, had instances where my host has relatives or friends placing orders who live out of state. In this case you would indicate special shipping instructions on PP when entering their order. This tells our warehouse to ship their order separately.

1. Can I choose both the $4 flat rate and the 15% shipping rate?

No, you can only choose one shipping rate option per order. It is either the $4 flat rate or the 15% shipping rate based on your total order amount.

2. How is the shipping rate calculated if I choose the 15% option?

If you choose the 15% shipping rate, the shipping cost will be calculated based on 15% of your total order amount. For example, if your order total is $100, the shipping cost will be $15.

3. Is there a minimum order amount for the $4 flat rate option?

Yes, the $4 flat rate option is only available for orders with a total amount of $75 or less. Orders with a total amount above $75 will automatically be eligible for the 15% shipping rate.

4. Can I change my shipping rate option after I have placed my order?

No, once an order is placed, the shipping rate option cannot be changed. Please make sure to choose the desired shipping rate before completing your order.

5. Are there any items that are excluded from the $4 flat rate option?

No, all items are eligible for the $4 flat rate option as long as the total order amount is $75 or less.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ashkay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ashkay
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • gailz2