• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping question

ChefJesssica

Apr 7, 2006
Can you pick if someone pays the 4 dollar shipping rate or 15%? I would hate to charge 4 dollars for shipping for someone only buying a small item. If I can choose, how do I do this? Is there an option in the Pampered Partner?

Thanks in advance

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
ChefJesssica said:
Can you pick if someone pays the 4 dollar shipping rate or 15%? I would hate to charge 4 dollars for shipping for someone only buying a small item. If I can choose, how do I do this? Is there an option in the Pampered Partner?

Thanks in advance
The $4 shipping rate is only for guests at a show who are having their order shipped directly to the host. The other rate is for individual orders or for guests who elect to have their order shipped to their homes or elsewhere.

Be careful that you don't get yourself into the trick bag by choosing the $4 shipping rate for someone who doesn't qualify for it.

Edited to add: Remember that sales tax on TPC items and the shipping is calculated for the shipping address. Don't get caught in that trick bag, either!

ChefJesssica

Apr 7, 2006
So, if someone at a part is only ordering 5 dollars worth of items, they still have to use the 4 dollar shipping charge?

(Sorry, I am new to this)

jdavis

Veteran Member
May 20, 2005
That would be a yes. It kinda stinks in a way, I have had people if they were good friends or family members choose to put their orders together and then split the shipping.

kinklan4

Silver Member
Mar 30, 2006
That's the way it is

Yes. The $4 is charged regardless of the total for the merchandise purchased. The 15% is used onlywhen someone wants items shipped directly to their door.

I've rarely had someone come to a show and want their order shipped directly to them. I have however, had instances where my host has relatives or friends placing orders who live out of state. In this case you would indicate special shipping instructions on PP when entering their order. This tells our warehouse to ship their order separately.