• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ship Back Fc or Just Buy New Collar?

In summary, the Food Chopper FC is within it's guarantee period. The collar is broken around the screw-top area and the cap is loose on it. The FC is worth doing the adjustment through the USPS, and may be cheaper to do so.
babywings76
Gold Member
My FC is within it's guarantee period. It's collar is broken around the screw-top area and the cap is loose on it. I'm trying to decide if I should just ship the whole thing back and then I'll have a nice brand new one, or if I should just get a new clear collar and cap through the replacement parts order. If no one knows off-hand, I'll box it up and take it to the post office and have them see how much it'll be. ;)

Can you tell me what the FC is? I'm no familiar with all the abbreviations, yet!

Food Chopper. :)

Ha! Well now I feel silly, because surely I could have worked THAT out! I'd probably send it back.

Did they ask you to ship back the whole thing? I thought they just sent you a new collar but maybe I'm wrong. ;)

I have had so many items that I have returned PERSONALLY (as a consultant)- they tell me to send them back (I do the online adjustments usually for my own). Before I even get around to boxing my broken item up, they have sent me the replacement. Never called, never sent me a note, nothing. So I kept the old item for spare parts (if applicable). The only item i have done an adjustment that they didn't do this with was my Timer, and I think that was because it was actually ordered in my husband's name. But items in MY name, I've never had to send them back....they always sent me the new one before I could.Do with that what you want. I'm not being dishonest with the items- they ARE broken( stones, my bamboo turn about, etc)...but I didn't have to spend money to send them back.

same thing happened to mine a while back. I did the online adjustment and just mailed back the broken collar. I got a brand new FC. So it is worth doing the adjustment. Us the USPS. It may be cheaper to use the priority boxes. If it fits, it ships for 1 lower price. JMO.

If you call to do the adjustment, they'll just send you the part.

1. Should I ship back my FC or just buy a new collar?

If your FC (Fitbit Charge) is still under warranty and has a manufacturing defect, it is recommended to ship it back for a replacement. However, if the warranty has expired or the issue is not covered by the warranty, it might be more cost-effective to simply buy a new collar.

2. How do I know if my FC is still under warranty?

You can check the warranty status of your FC by looking at the purchase date or by contacting the manufacturer. Most Fitbit products come with a one-year limited warranty.

3. What is the process for shipping back my FC?

The process for shipping back your FC may vary depending on the manufacturer's policy. Generally, you will need to contact customer support to initiate the return process and follow their instructions for packaging and shipping the device back to them.

4. Is it worth it to ship back my FC or should I just buy a new one?

This ultimately depends on the cost of shipping and the cost of a new collar. If the cost of shipping is significantly lower than buying a new collar, then it may be worth it to ship it back. However, if the cost of shipping is close to the cost of a new collar, it might be more convenient to just buy a new one.

5. Can I ship back my FC if I no longer have the original packaging?

It is recommended to ship back your FC in its original packaging to ensure that it is properly protected during shipping. However, if you no longer have the original packaging, you can use a sturdy box and plenty of cushioning materials to protect the device during shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • frozenchef
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • wadesgirl