• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nicole's Milestone: First Steps Without Help at 11 Months

In summary, the average age for children to start walking is between 9 and 12 months, but every child is different. To encourage walking, allow plenty of crawling and standing practice, provide praise and a safe space, and guide them with holding their hands. It is normal for children to start walking at different ages, but if there are developmental delays, consult a pediatrician. Signs of readiness include pulling up, cruising, and showing interest in standing and walking independently. Safety precautions include child-proofing the home, using a baby gate, and supervising the child while walking.
Jen1409
Nicole's been walking assisted for awhile now but yesterday she took some steps without help. I seriously wanted to cry. I can't believe my baby is growing so fast! In less than 2 weeks she'll be a year old!

they grow up so fast. It seems like my oldest was just born yesterday and he is going to be 8 in Jan.

Awe (((hugs)))

As my husband says: Time flies when you're changing diapers! :D

What age is considered "starting to walk"?

The average age for children to start walking is between 9 and 12 months. However, every child is different and may start walking at their own pace. Some may start as early as 6 months while others may not start until 18 months.

How can I encourage my child to start walking?

Allow your child plenty of time for crawling and practicing standing before attempting to walk. Encourage them with praise and positive reinforcement, and provide a safe and open space for them to practice walking. You can also try holding their hands and gently guiding them as they take small steps.

Should I be concerned if my child is not walking yet?

It is normal for children to start walking at different ages. However, if your child has not started walking by 18 months or shows other developmental delays, it is best to consult with your pediatrician for further evaluation.

What are some signs that my child is ready to start walking?

Some signs that your child is ready to start walking include pulling up to standing position, cruising (walking while holding onto furniture), and taking steps while holding onto your hands. They may also show an interest in standing and walking on their own.

Are there any safety precautions I should take once my child starts walking?

It is important to child-proof your home by securing furniture and cabinets, covering sharp edges, and removing any potential hazards. You may also want to consider getting a baby gate to block off areas that are not safe for your child to explore. Always supervise your child while they are walking to prevent any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedape