• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Workouts at Sheraton's Fitness Center in Chicago - Only $12 a Day!

In summary, the Sheraton wants $12/day or $20 for the entire stay to use their fitness room. It's bad that two of the days we're in Chicago are cardio days, which means that I will need to do something active for at least 30-45 minutes straight. However, this new workout program is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I am going to stick to it.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Since I'm on a new workout program that requires me to work out 6 days a week and even gives me alternate work outs for days I cannot make it into the gym, I was checking out the work out room at the Sheraton. They want $12 a day or $20 for the whole stay to use their room! What the heck, do they charge for everything in Chicago (rhetorical question, I know the answer is YES!)??? The bad part is two of the days we are in Chicago are cardio days which mean I need to do something active for 30-45 minutes straight. And before you all think I'm crazy for trying to squeeze all that in around conference... I'm totally stuck to this program, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Good for your wadesgirl!! Stick to it! I CANNOT believe they charge for use of the fitness room! That is CRAZY!! Pretty sure we pay enough.... anyhow, it always gives me even a greater since of accomplishment when I stick to my routine during a busy time like conference. Keep up the good work! :)

wadesgirl said:
Since I'm on a new workout program that requires me to work out 6 days a week and even gives me alternate work outs for days I cannot make it into the gym, I was checking out the work out room at the Sheraton. They want $12 a day or $20 for the whole stay to use their room! What the heck, do they charge for everything in Chicago (rhetorical question, I know the answer is YES!)??? The bad part is two of the days we are in Chicago are cardio days which mean I need to do something active for 30-45 minutes straight. And before you all think I'm crazy for trying to squeeze all that in around conference... I'm totally stuck to this program, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

They charge at the Hilton too. My director always goes for a run in the morning while we're there. You could probably walk from one end of the McCormick and back, and that would be cardio!:D

If nothing else, you could walk the stairs for cardio. And, no, I don't think you're crazy. Discipline is a good thing.

Does your gym have locations in Chicago that you can get a guest pass?

Um....walking up and down Michigan avenue is awesome excercise..that and a couple of excercise bands that you just throw in your suitcase....fitnessmagazine.com has a whole section of excercises you can do when you travel--I love it.

Do hotel rooms have dvd players??

Rent a dvd with cardio workout and do it in the room...

There is a paved path along the lakefront. Take a brisk walk or jog for 30-45 mins--it's gorgeous.

Just wanted to say:

1) GOOD FOR YOU!! You are absolutely not crazy. I am just getting into an excersizing routine, and I am sort of dreading going on vacation soon, because I REALLY don't want to mess it up by not working out. I kind of need my treadmill at this point to help me with pace and motivation. I like to know how far I've gone, and how I'm improving (pace and distance). Also calories burned, LOL! I will be trying to go for some runs, but I know it will be harder to be motivated while on vacation...

2) I'm afraid that paying for the gym at hotels seems to have become par for the course... It stinks!

3) Some great ideas from people here for other options!

The lake path sounds wonderful - this is my first time there - is that close? I walk 3-5 miles a day and was hoping to use the gym but I'm el-cheepo when my whole month membership at Planet Fitness is only $10/mo.

Melissa78 said:
The lake path sounds wonderful - this is my first time there - is that close? I walk 3-5 miles a day and was hoping to use the gym but I'm el-cheepo when my whole month membership at Planet Fitness is only $10/mo.

Depends where you're staying.

No it's a local gym that has several gyms in this area so they wouldn't have one out there. I think my hospitality director talked about bringing some DVD's with her so maybe I could just hang out in her room for the time. Tuesday of conference is our "bands" day and I was planning on buying some bands to bring with me. If anything maybe I'll just do those all three days.I do have to say that I never thought I would get into something like this, I love the workout I'm getting. It's 45 minutes 6 days a week. I usually go after work but one day I had a show I had to go at the 5:15 a.m. class, that's how dedicated I am. And last Saturday was our team meeting and I had to hit the 6 a.m. class in order to make it to that!I agree I don't want to pay for their stuff only to run on a treadmill. I'm not that into excersize machines, we do kickboxing and resistance bands.

Take a walk from the Sheraton out to the end of Navy Pier and back...

What are the hours of operation for the Sheraton's Fitness Center in Chicago?

The Fitness Center at the Sheraton in Chicago is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.

What type of equipment is available at the Fitness Center?

The Fitness Center at the Sheraton in Chicago is equipped with state-of-the-art cardio machines, weightlifting equipment, and free weights to help you maximize your workouts.

Is there an additional fee for using the Fitness Center?

Yes, there is a daily fee of $12 per person to use the Fitness Center at the Sheraton in Chicago. This fee allows you full access to all of our facilities and equipment.

Is the Fitness Center suitable for all fitness levels?

Yes, the Fitness Center at the Sheraton in Chicago is suitable for all fitness levels. Our equipment is adjustable and our staff is available to assist with any questions or modifications to your workout.

Are there any group classes offered at the Fitness Center?

Yes, the Fitness Center at the Sheraton in Chicago offers a variety of group fitness classes, including yoga, Pilates, and Zumba. Please check the schedule at the Fitness Center for specific class times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • PampMomof3
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD