1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sheraton work out room

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Since I'm on a new workout program that requires me to work out 6 days a week and even gives me alternate work outs for days I cannot make it into the gym, I was checking out the work out room at the Sheraton. They want $12 a day or $20 for the whole stay to use their room! What the heck, do they charge for everything in Chicago (rhetorical question, I know the answer is YES!)??? The bad part is two of the days we are in Chicago are cardio days which mean I need to do something active for 30-45 minutes straight. And before you all think I'm crazy for trying to squeeze all that in around conference... I'm totally stuck to this program, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Jun 16, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Good for your wadesgirl!! Stick to it! I CANNOT believe they charge for use of the fitness room! That is CRAZY!! Pretty sure we pay enough.... anyhow, it always gives me even a greater since of accomplishment when I stick to my routine during a busy time like conference. Keep up the good work! :)

Jun 16, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

They charge at the Hilton too. My director always goes for a run in the morning while we're there. You could probably walk from one end of the McCormick and back, and that would be cardio!:D

Jun 16, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

If nothing else, you could walk the stairs for cardio.

And, no, I don't think you're crazy. Discipline is a good thing.

Jun 16, 2009
  5. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Does your gym have locations in Chicago that you can get a guest pass?

Jun 16, 2009
  6. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Um....walking up and down Michigan avenue is awesome excercise..that and a couple of excercise bands that you just throw in your suitcase....fitnessmagazine.com has a whole section of excercises you can do when you travel--I love it.

Jun 16, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Do hotel rooms have dvd players??

Rent a dvd with cardio workout and do it in the room...

Jun 16, 2009
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

There is a paved path along the lakefront. Take a brisk walk or jog for 30-45 mins--it's gorgeous.

Jun 16, 2009
  9. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Just wanted to say:

1) GOOD FOR YOU!! You are absolutely not crazy. I am just getting into an excersizing routine, and I am sort of dreading going on vacation soon, because I REALLY don't want to mess it up by not working out. I kind of need my treadmill at this point to help me with pace and motivation. I like to know how far I've gone, and how I'm improving (pace and distance). Also calories burned, LOL! I will be trying to go for some runs, but I know it will be harder to be motivated while on vacation...

2) I'm afraid that paying for the gym at hotels seems to have become par for the course... It stinks!

3) Some great ideas from people here for other options!

Jun 16, 2009
  10. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

The lake path sounds wonderful - this is my first time there - is that close? I walk 3-5 miles a day and was hoping to use the gym but I'm el-cheepo when my whole month membership at Planet Fitness is only $10/mo.

Jun 16, 2009
  11. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Depends where you're staying.

Jun 16, 2009
  12. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

No it's a local gym that has several gyms in this area so they wouldn't have one out there. I think my hospitality director talked about bringing some DVD's with her so maybe I could just hang out in her room for the time. Tuesday of conference is our "bands" day and I was planning on buying some bands to bring with me. If anything maybe I'll just do those all three days.

I do have to say that I never thought I would get into something like this, I love the workout I'm getting. It's 45 minutes 6 days a week. I usually go after work but one day I had a show I had to go at the 5:15 a.m. class, that's how dedicated I am. And last Saturday was our team meeting and I had to hit the 6 a.m. class in order to make it to that!

I agree I don't want to pay for their stuff only to run on a treadmill. I'm not that into excersize machines, we do kickboxing and resistance bands.

Jun 16, 2009
  13. chefcaroline

chefcaroline Member Gold Member

Take a walk from the Sheraton out to the end of Navy Pier and back...

Jun 23, 2009
Have something to add?