• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheraton - Internet Access?

In summary, there is both free and paid WiFi access available at the Sheraton. The coffee house in the Sheraton offers 45 minutes of free WiFi per room, and there is a Starbucks nearby with free WiFi. The Java Cafe in the lower level of the Sheraton also offers free WiFi, but it may only be accessible for 45 minutes. Additionally, there are Tech Talk stations at McCormick where you can access free WiFi. The advertised rate for WiFi access at the Sheraton is $12.95 for 24 hours, with a 30 minute option for $4.99. However, if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest, the internet access may be free. It is not recommended to bring a laptop to workshops
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Is the access at the Sheraton free WiFi or pay per day? If paid, anyone know how much?

I was in a Sheraton, not in Chicago, earlier this year and it was 9$/day

Janet - I think I saw on another thread that the coffee house in the Sheraton will give 45 min of free WiFi per room.

ChefBeckyD said:
Janet - I think I saw on another thread that the coffee house in the Sheraton will give 45 min of free WiFi per room.

Ok, thanks Becky!

I read there is a Starbucks nearby with free Wifi.

I posted the link about internet access...I used the internet in the Java Cafe in the lower level of the Sheraton at NC Wave 1. I do "believe" it was free (ha! we'll know when my Director gets the bill huh?) but it showed a timer of 45min when I logged in and then there was a button that said "Add more minutes" so thats why I assumed it gave 45min to the room. You could log in if not a guest at the hotel and pay for it as well.
The ones I used were down the escalator from the main lobby of the Sheraton. The only reason I logged on was to check to see if pkgs were showing up on my tracker that the HO shipped while I was there. Needless to say, I was not logged on for long.

I used the same internet cafe that Melissa described above (to check in and print out boarding passes for our return flight). It asked for room number, but there was no charge reflected on our bill when we checked out--didn't notice the timer. (This was using thier computers--didn't hassle with taking my own lap-top. I also checked CC a couple of times while at McCormick at the Tech Talk stations. (I arrived on "payday" and wanted my exact commissio amount--so I knew how many surprise boxes I could afford! LOL!!!
HTH!

There is free Wi-Fi at the Starbucks that is in the corner of Dominicks that is down the hill and catty-corner across the intersection. I used it last year multiple times.

Thanks guys! I'm all for free/cheap!!!!

Since I'm logged in from the Sheraton at the moment:

1) I'm using the wired access in our room, because I couldn't get a good wire less signal. YMMV.

2) Advertised rate when you go to log in (your browser redirects to an access page) is $12.95/24 hours; there is also a 30 minute option for (IIRC) $4.99.

3) When I asked at check-in, I was told that if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest (member of their frequent visit club), the internet access would be free. We'll see at check-out, I suppose.

Oooh good to know for next year. I'm a starwood member!

I just joined online...we'll see if I can get free access while I am there!

Is there a charge to use at McCor. Pl.? Should I even bother luggin' my laptop with me to workshops?

kimcooks4u said:
Is there a charge to use at McCor. Pl.? Should I even bother luggin' my laptop with me to workshops?

I don't take the laptop to workshops. I did my first year and it was a waste of time/effort.

If you had a mini, I'd say maybe, but I think they are too distracting and too much to carry. I need mine for night/work.

I took mine last year & won't bother this year. I didn't really use it & then had to lug it around.

1. How do I connect to the internet at a Sheraton hotel?

To connect to the internet at a Sheraton hotel, you can either use the complimentary Wi-Fi available in the lobby and public areas, or you can purchase an in-room internet access package. To use the in-room internet, simply connect to the Sheraton network and follow the prompts to purchase a package.

2. Is there a fee for internet access at Sheraton hotels?

While there is no fee for using the complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and public areas, there is a fee for in-room internet access. The price of the package may vary depending on the location and duration of your stay.

3. Can I use my own device to connect to the internet at Sheraton?

Yes, you can use your own device to connect to the internet at Sheraton hotels. The complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and public areas is available for use with any device, while the in-room internet access package can be used on laptops, tablets, and smartphones.

4. Is the internet connection at Sheraton hotels secure?

Yes, the internet connection at Sheraton hotels is secure. The complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and public areas is encrypted for your safety, and the in-room internet access package also provides a secure connection for your personal devices.

5. Can I use the internet for streaming and downloading at Sheraton hotels?

Yes, you can use the internet for streaming and downloading at Sheraton hotels. However, if you are using the complimentary Wi-Fi, please be considerate of other guests and limit your bandwidth usage during peak hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies