• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheet Pans vs. Stoneware: Which is Better for Crispy or Chewy Results?

In summary, sheet pans are beneficial in the kitchen for their quick and even heat distribution, versatility, and easy cleaning. On the other hand, stoneware is advantageous for its heat retention, durability, and natural non-stick surface. While both can be used interchangeably for some recipes, stoneware may require longer cooking times and proper care should be taken for both types of cookware. Sheet pans are better for crispy foods, while stoneware is ideal for dishes that require even heat distribution. To clean and care for both, gentle methods such as warm soapy water and avoiding harsh chemicals should be used.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
What are the different pros/cons for using stoneware or the sheet pans? I remember reading somewhere that for cripsing things one is better than the other while making things chewy you'd use the other. Other than that, what's the difference in uses? I'm sure they're overlapping but I've had a few people ask since they're newer. I tried searching thinking maybe I read it on a thread here but couldn't find it.

In my mind, the sheet pans exist for those people who have an aversion to stoneware because of the "no soap" thing. But they're also good for people who can't lift stoneware because it's lighter. You can also put the sheet pans under the broiler.

Yeah, I agree with the broiler thing. I suggest it to customers especially for fish.

What are the benefits of using a sheet pan over stoneware in the kitchen?

Sheet pans are typically made from aluminum, which allows for quick and even heat distribution. They are also lightweight and easy to clean. Additionally, sheet pans are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods, such as baking, roasting, and broiling.

What are the advantages of using stoneware instead of a sheet pan for cooking?

Stoneware is known for its ability to retain heat, which helps to evenly cook food. It is also durable and can withstand high temperatures, making it perfect for baking and roasting. Stoneware also has a natural non-stick surface, eliminating the need for greasing or parchment paper.

Can sheet pans and stoneware be used interchangeably?

Yes, sheet pans and stoneware can be used interchangeably in some recipes. However, it's important to note that stoneware may require a longer cooking time due to its ability to retain heat. It's also important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for each type of cookware to ensure proper use and care.

Are there any foods that are better cooked on a sheet pan versus stoneware?

Foods that require a crispy texture, such as roasted vegetables or baked goods like cookies, are best cooked on a sheet pan. The aluminum material allows for air circulation, resulting in a crispier texture. Stoneware is better for dishes that require even heat distribution, such as casseroles or roasts.

How should I clean and care for my sheet pan and stoneware?

Sheet pans can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive scrubber. Avoid using metal utensils on stoneware to prevent scratching the surface. Stoneware should be hand washed with warm water, and any stubborn stains can be removed with a baking soda and water paste. It's important to avoid using harsh chemicals or metal scrubbers on stoneware to maintain its non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies