• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are The Pampered Chef's Sheet Pans on Stop Sell?

In summary, the Pampered Chef is issuing a recall for their metal sheet pans because they have found that some of them are discoloring prematurely and unevenly. The pans do not meet the high quality standards that you expect from the company, so from now on, they are placed on “stop sell” and orders for the pans will not be accepted until further notice. Customers who have already received their order can continue to use the pans with complete confidence, but orders that have not shipped will be put on backorder and customers who submit orders after this date will not be able to receive the pan. For customers, the Pampered Chef is providing free "not available" stickers and will be contacting hosts to let them know about
elizabethfox said:
I have used mine a few times, and I am not having any issues. But if I DO then I will just use the old one for a tray during the summer....like to carry out the ketchup, mustard, onion, etc for our bonfires and parties. Just put a nice cloth napkin down and add your condiments and toppings. Instant tray! :D

Yup - cloth napkin will make it work great!

They will not want the sheet pans back and even if they did they would not have us pay that shipping.

Remember when they recalled the woven pieces? They asked us to toss those (the handles were falling off). With these they SAID we can continue using the ones we have.

Isn't our company great?!:love: They admit when there's a problem and replace the "bad" item without even batting an eye!

...here's hoping the manufacturer corrects the issue soon.

Teresa Lynn said:
and what in the world would they do with thousands of returned sheet pans?????

Sell them on ebay, of course :eek:

I noticed that when I washed mine. Didn't even think anything of it because I left in it in the dishwasher overnight. I have two at home and at least 1 sold before and my sister just bought one! It's at my house right now, waiting for me to get home. Guess I get to go home tonight and check and personally give my guests a call. What exactly are you saying to your guests?

Lisa,
you crack me up!

I'm new to Pampered Chef, and I'm happy with the way they stand by their products. I love Pampered Chef! :) And the idea of using an old one that may have problems as a tray is a great idea. I don't have a sheet pan yet, but was going to order one. I'll wait a bit. They seem like a neat item.

Mine just started doing this too, I had baked some squash on it and thought it was just that!! I'm glad I'm not going crazy! I wonder how long it will take for them to get this straightened out??? I also wonder when we'll get our Mega Scraper?

I'm so glad that they caught this so early!!! I think it will definately make people happy that the company has such high standards that it would stop selling and replace or refund at no cost to the customer!! I don't know of any other companies that would do that.

chefshawna said:
I'm so glad that they caught this so early!!! I think it will definately make people happy that the company has such high standards that it would stop selling and replace or refund at no cost to the customer!! I don't know of any other companies that would do that.

This is exactly what I was thinking today when I received the email. I would think most companies might stop selling them and hope no one noticed the problem. IF (and only if) someone noticed the problem, then they'd offer a refund.

OUR company takes such a proactive and, IMO, a very "above and beyond" approach to dealing with problems. I've been with PC for almost 10 years. This morning I was struck once again with what a great company we have the privilege of working with.

I'm too much in love with my stones:love: ....I haven't even taken the plastic off of my pans. I almost feel like I'm betraying my stones to try something else.....I know, I know....I need therapy.

It's a bummer; but I'm so glad that they are keeping with their quality standards. And very glad that they are replacing all these bad ones---PC ROCKS:thumbup:

Question though: doesn't it say "update on 3 spring products"? It only talks about 2:confused:

lacychef said:
It's a bummer; but I'm so glad that they are keeping with their quality standards. And very glad that they are replacing all these bad ones---PC ROCKS:thumbup:

Question though: doesn't it say "update on 3 spring products"? It only talks about 2:confused:

Large Sheet Pan
Medium Sheet Pan
Collapsible Bowl

:)

crystalscookingnow said:
Large Sheet Pan
Medium Sheet Pan
Collapsible Bowl

:)
OH geez:blushing: I guess I was thinking 3 different products, lol!
Nevermind....carry on...

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Build a giant PC robot warrior that is broiler prooof!!
:D :D LOL!!!! ROTFLMBO! Good one! I am just visualizing that! Too funny! Thanks for the good laugh, girl!!:D :D ;) :thumbup:

Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no!

I just reviewed my show (which is exactly $1,203.70 in guest sales) and found that one of her customers got a large sheet pan as part of her $103 order.

Should I call her and see if there is anything else she wants? Or just do nothing, knowing that it is before the 31st and her order will still be honored?

I'd hate for my hostess to lose any of her FPV!

I have told a couple of my hosts to suggest the Large Bar Pan instead of the Large Sheet Pan if they don't want to wait for the backorder!!;) I know they are completely different, but it is an upsell!!!

Never mind ... just reviewed the e-mail.

I think I will just contact the host, since I have to contact her anyway. Let her know that since it's before the 31st, her customer's pan will be backordered and she will get the improved pan when it arrives. Then after the show is submitted, call the customer to let her know.

Does this mean my host will get the bamboo tongs? She's already getting them, but considering that she has a co-host and 24 buying guests, I think she should get two pairs, one for her and one for her co-host. Just like I think a customer should get two bamboo spoon sets with a $120 order ... but then, I'll ask for the moon if I think I should get it.

chefshawna said:
Mine just started doing this too, I had baked some squash on it and thought it was just that!! I'm glad I'm not going crazy! I wonder how long it will take for them to get this straightened out??? I also wonder when we'll get our Mega Scraper?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too... I earned it! Gimmeee. I neeed. I neeed. :cry: I actually earned the pink stuff too... when will we be getting that? Hmmm. All the good stuff is worth waiting for... except chocolate. That is now or never.;)

KimoMakano said:
Hmm, just curious about something. When they say they will replace them does that mean we will need to ship the original back?

The reason I ask is that living in Hawaii the shipping is killer and if we are going to be asked to pay for the return postage on these it could get a little pricey.

Okay, thanks for all the comments. I know it may sound silly but they have asked me to ship back whole pieces of stoneware for customers who needed them replaced for whatever reason and they wanted me to pay the shipping out of my pocket!

I kindly informed them that this would erase any commision I might have made on that piece. Though they never responded and officially retracted the request they never followed up on it either.

Luckily I was able to get the defected items replaced without having to ship them back. So when I heard this I sort of knee-jerked.:eek:

Thanks again.

lacychef said:
OH geez:blushing: I guess I was thinking 3 different products, lol!
Nevermind....carry on...

That's okay Lacy - I had to read through it several times before I figured it out.:balloon: At least it wasn't just me.

janetupnorth said:
You can still use them Becky and they will send you a second one later on per the e-mail.

I'm glad they are addressing concerns IMMEDIATELY. That is very good. We are only a few weeks into a new selling season and they are taking care of them.

Also, they are being generous and refunding or replacing ALL our customers sheet pans. That is great too.

It is a slight pain for us, but they are proving the good customer service.

It is rare to see that response from other companies.

I use it as "Good News-Bad News" and point out that great customer service angle.:angel: :sing:

That didn't stop one of my orders from totally cancelling & now I have to give her a refund:(

ChefBeckyD said:
That's okay Lacy - I had to read through it several times before I figured it out.:balloon: At least it wasn't just me.
Ha! Glad it wasn't just me!

The only time I've had to ship back an entire stone (& PC sent a label) was when the new cranberry baker came out and the lids were arriving broken.
Then they requested both pieces.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Never mind ... just reviewed the e-mail.

I think I will just contact the host, since I have to contact her anyway. Let her know that since it's before the 31st, her customer's pan will be backordered and she will get the improved pan when it arrives. Then after the show is submitted, call the customer to let her know.

Does this mean my host will get the bamboo tongs? She's already getting them, but considering that she has a co-host and 24 buying guests, I think she should get two pairs, one for her and one for her co-host. Just like I think a customer should get two bamboo spoon sets with a $120 order ... but then, I'll ask for the moon if I think I should get it.
I believe that gift is only for hosts who have orders for the pans on their show that have already shipped.

Last edited:
Nope. Talked to HQ today. She had to ask her supervisor but it's ALL affected hosts, including this one.

The host wants me to just submit it ... it would be different if the customer was waiting for it for a gift, and she knows she's not. So that's what I'm doing.

SusanBP0129 said:
5) For your customers - We’ll be contacting hosts directly to notify them of this situation. Hosts will be asked to contact their guests to give them a toll free number or email address so that their guests can let us know whether they prefer a refund or replacement pan. To thank them for their help and apologize for the inconvenience this causes them, we are sending affected Hosts the Bamboo Tongs (item # 2046).

So has anyone checked with their hostesses to see if they have been notified?? I just talked with my last hostess, and she said she has not gotten a phone call or email to give to her guests. Why wouldn't they give this info to consultants?? My hostess was wanting for me to give her the number or email for her guest who ordered 2 large sheet pans, but I couldn't.

Anyone have the info or has anyone else had hostesses not get notifed??

I remember when the Woven pieces were on stop sell. The ones I got as a promotion were also replaced and I still have both old and new. When I got the new ones I was so impressed with the improvements! The older handles are weak but I haven't used them enough for them to fall off, they're still pretty, but the new ones are so SOLID! I love how PC stays on top of things like this and backs up their guarantee. Can't beat good customer service.

PamperedJen76 said:
I remember when the Woven pieces were on stop sell. The ones I got as a promotion were also replaced and I still have both old and new. When I got the new ones I was so impressed with the improvements! The older handles are weak but I haven't used them enough for them to fall off, they're still pretty, but the new ones are so SOLID! I love how PC stays on top of things like this and backs up their guarantee. Can't beat good customer service.
Yep, I totally agree!
I have my old one up on my plant-shelf over my cabinets on display. The new version is th eone I use for all my shows and all my home-entertaining needs.

<h2>1) What is the reason for placing the Medium and Large Sheet Pans on stop sell?</h2><p>The metal sheet pans are discolored prematurely and unevenly due to a manufacturing error. While the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans, they do not meet our high quality standards.</p><h2>2) Can I continue to use my metal sheet pans with confidence?</h2><p>Yes, the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans. We will be replacing all previously shipped sheet pans, even if they are not affected by the manufacturing error. More information about the replacement will be provided on April 14.</p><h2>3) What should I do if I have unsubmitted orders with sheet pans?</h2><p>Any unsubmitted orders with sheet pans will be placed on backorder until we have new sheet pans in stock.</p><h2>4) Is there a deadline to submit orders for sheet pans?</h2><p>The deadline to submit orders for sheet pans is midnight Central Time on March 31, 2008. Any orders submitted after this date will have the sheet pans removed and the order adjusted, which may affect commissions and Host's bonus levels.</p><h2>5) Is there an option to sticker catalogs to indicate the sheet pans are not available?</h2><p>Yes, free "not available" stickers will be provided and can be ordered as a write-in item on a supply order.</p>

1) What is the reason for placing the Medium and Large Sheet Pans on stop sell?

The metal sheet pans are discolored prematurely and unevenly due to a manufacturing error. While the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans, they do not meet our high quality standards.

2) Can I continue to use my metal sheet pans with confidence?

Yes, the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans. We will be replacing all previously shipped sheet pans, even if they are not affected by the manufacturing error. More information about the replacement will be provided on April 14.

3) What should I do if I have unsubmitted orders with sheet pans?

Any unsubmitted orders with sheet pans will be placed on backorder until we have new sheet pans in stock.

4) Is there a deadline to submit orders for sheet pans?

The deadline to submit orders for sheet pans is midnight Central Time on March 31, 2008. Any orders submitted after this date will have the sheet pans removed and the order adjusted, which may affect commissions and Host's bonus levels.

5) Is there an option to sticker catalogs to indicate the sheet pans are not available?

Yes, free "not available" stickers will be provided and can be ordered as a write-in item on a supply order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kathijenkins
Replies
Views
SilverCeladon
  • PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies