• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are The Pampered Chef's Sheet Pans on Stop Sell?

In summary, the Pampered Chef is issuing a recall for their metal sheet pans because they have found that some of them are discoloring prematurely and unevenly. The pans do not meet the high quality standards that you expect from the company, so from now on, they are placed on “stop sell” and orders for the pans will not be accepted until further notice. Customers who have already received their order can continue to use the pans with complete confidence, but orders that have not shipped will be put on backorder and customers who submit orders after this date will not be able to receive the pan. For customers, the Pampered Chef is providing free "not available" stickers and will be contacting hosts to let them know about
SusanBP0129
Dear Consultant,

I have news to share with you regarding three spring 2008 products.

SHEET PANS
I wanted to make you aware that we have found that some of our metal sheet pans are discoloring prematurely and unevenly. After extensive research we have found that a manufacturing error is causing this discoloration to occur. The uneven discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of your pans. However, the pans do not meet the high quality standards you expect from The Pampered Chef.

Therefore, effective immediately, we are placing the Medium Sheet Pan (item # 1721) and Large Sheet Pan (item # 1722) on “stop sell.” This means you should not show or sell these products until further notice.

We are working with our supplier to identify how many pans are affected and how long it will take to rebuild our stock with pans that meet our quality standards. We will update you on this situation on April 14. In the meantime, please be aware of the following:

1) If you or your customer already received your order – Please be assured that you can continue to use your metal sheet pans with complete confidence. The discoloration in no way affects the performance or safety of the product. While only some pans are affected by the manufacturing error, we will be replacing all sheet pans previously shipped. We will communicate more information about the replacement on April 14.

2) If you submitted orders that haven’t shipped – Any previously submitted orders that have not shipped will be placed on backorder effective immediately. The backorders will be filled when we have new sheet pans in stock.

3) If you are holding unsubmitted orders - We will accept orders for Metal Sheet Pans until midnight Central Time March 31, 2008. These items will be backordered and shipped when available. Please be aware that orders submitted after March 31 that include the sheet pans will have the products removed and the order adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your Host’s bonus levels.

4) Should you wish to sticker your catalogs - We will provide free “not available” stickers. These will be available the week of April 7 and can be ordered as a write in on Supply order using the following corresponding item numbers: JB21 – English or JB22 – Spanish.

5) For your customers - We’ll be contacting hosts directly to notify them of this situation. Hosts will be asked to contact their guests to give them a toll free number or email address so that their guests can let us know whether they prefer a refund or replacement pan. To thank them for their help and apologize for the inconvenience this causes them, we are sending affected Hosts the Bamboo Tongs (item # 2046).

Again, we will provide you with an update on the status of the sheet pans on April 14. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your customers. While this is a difficult decision given how well the pans are selling, we know that you will agree that maintaining and upholding The Pampered Chef’s quality standards is paramount.

COLLAPSIBLE BOWL
Recently we have received some inquires regarding the Collapsible Bowl (item # 2792) and potential uses with warm and hot foods. The Collapsible Bowl was designed for outdoor entertaining to be used with foods such as fruit or vegetable salads, dips and chips, which are typically served cold. We do not recommend the use of hot or warm foods as the flexible green band may soften and become unstable, particularly when applying the lid.

In addition, we have also found certain tomato-based foods like ketchup may stain the green band. In particular, we have seen some cases where the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad has caused staining. Therefore, we do not recommend using the Collapsible Bowl at your Shows for this recipe.

If staining occurs, we recommend using Cascade brand Plastic Booster developed specifically to remove red stains from plastic products. Follow the manufacturers’ instructions. We have found this product at Wal-mart, Jewel-Osco, Meijer, Star Market and Long Drugs. Or you can use Cascade’s store locator by going to Welcome to CascadeClean.com.

Let me again apologize for any inconvenience these situations have caused.

We will communicate this to your Consultants today.

Sincerely,
Marla Gottschalk
Chief Executive Officer

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark

Very interesting!!! I haven't gotten this email yet. Did you just get it?

UGH!!!! I was just wondering about that...everytime I wash mine with a white rag, it turns silver/black like the finish is coming off...I LOVE my pan though and wanted more and on my April 9th show I was already getting outside orders for them...Also, a lady was doing an April catalog show to get them... :( I'm sad!

It was an Execuflash - I just got it from my ED...

I just got the e-mail too. I've been selling A LOT of these!! I'm bummed but hope they can gt the problem fixed doon and take them off stop sell. Now I have to see how many were ordered on my Monday night show :(

I just got the email too and I just sold some. I had also finally decided to get myself one!! Now I will just wait (not that I have a choice!) until they are not on stop sell.

I think it is great that PC puts items on stop sell becuase they don't feel the quality is up to par. How many places can say they do that?

Here is the full text from the ED version:ExecuFlashOne Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630from Marla Gottschalk, Chief Executive Officer Please feel free to share this with your downline. Dear Executive Director, I have news to share with you regarding three spring 2008 products. Sheet PansI wanted to make you aware that we have found that some of our metal sheet pans are discoloring prematurely and unevenly. After extensive research we have found that a manufacturing error is causing this discoloration to occur. The uneven discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of your pans. However, the pans do not meet the high quality standards you expect from The Pampered Chef. Therefore, effective immediately, we are placing the Medium Sheet Pan (item # 1721) and Large Sheet Pan (item # 1722) on “stop sell.” This means you should not show or sell these products until further notice. We are working with our supplier to identify how many pans are affected and how long it will take to rebuild our stock with pans that meet our quality standards. We will update you on this situation on April 14. In the meantime, please be aware of the following: * If you or your customer already received your order – Please be assured that you can continue to use your metal sheet pans with complete confidence. The discoloration in no way affects the performance or safety of the product. While only some pans are affected by the manufacturing error, we will be replacing all sheet pans previously shipped. We will communicate more information about the replacement on April 14. * If you submitted orders that haven’t shipped – Any previously submitted orders that have not shipped will be placed on backorder effective immediately. The backorders will be filled when we have new sheet pans in stock. * If you are holding unsubmitted orders - We will accept orders for Metal Sheet Pans until midnight Central Time March 31, 2008. These items will be backordered and shipped when available. Please be aware that orders submitted after March 31 that include the sheet pans will have the products removed and the order adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your Host’s bonus levels. * Should you wish to sticker your catalogs - We will provide free “not available” stickers. These will be available the week of April 7 and can be ordered as a write in on Supply order using the following corresponding item numbers: JB21 – EnglishJB22 – Spanish * For your customers - We’ll be contacting hosts directly to notify them of this situation. Hosts will be asked to contact their guests to give them a toll free number or email address so that their guests can let us know whether they prefer a refund or replacement pan. To thank them for their help and apologize for the inconvenience this causes them, we are sending affected Hosts the Bamboo Tongs (Item #2046). Again, we will provide you with an update on the status of the sheet pans on April 14. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your customers. While this is a difficult decision given how well the pans are selling, we know that you will agree that maintaining and upholding The Pampered Chef’s quality standards is paramount. Collapsible BowlRecently we have received some inquires regarding the Collapsible Bowl (item #2792) and potential uses with warm and hot foods. The Collapsible Bowl was designed for outdoor entertaining to be used with foods such as fruit or vegetable salads, dips and chips, which are typically served cold. We do not recommend the use of hot or warm foods as the flexible green band may soften and become unstable, particularly when applying the lid. In addition, we have also found certain tomato-based foods like ketchup may stain the green band. In particular, we have seen some cases where the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad has caused staining. Therefore, we do not recommend using the Collapsible Bowl at your Shows for this recipe. If staining occurs, we recommend using Cascade brand Plastic Booster developed specifically to remove red stains from plastic products. Follow the manufacturers’ instructions. We have found this product at Wal-mart, Jewel-Osco, Meijer, Star Market and Long Drugs. Or you can use Cascade’s store locator by going to Welcome to CascadeClean.com. Let me again apologize for any inconvenience these situations have caused. We will communicate this to your Consultants today. Sincerely,Marla GottschalkChief Executive Officer The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark

thanks for sharing!

...just got my e-mail on it...

just got my email too. I sold alot of these pans already. I hope they get this figured out. Man, I just got my pan from my sample order yesterday too. Now I will have the bad one!!!

Becky0216 said:
just got my email too. I sold alot of these pans already. I hope they get this figured out. Man, I just got my pan from my sample order yesterday too. Now I will have the bad one!!!

You can still use them Becky and they will send you a second one later on per the e-mail.

I'm glad they are addressing concerns IMMEDIATELY. That is very good. We are only a few weeks into a new selling season and they are taking care of them.

Also, they are being generous and refunding or replacing ALL our customers sheet pans. That is great too.

It is a slight pain for us, but they are proving the good customer service.

It is rare to see that response from other companies.

I just got my email too.
I haven't sold any yet (I keep forgetting to bring one and talk about it), so I guess that's good.

I bought a medium one from someone on here - wonder if I can swap that one even though I didn't buy it from HO?

redsoxgirl said:
I just got my email too.
I haven't sold any yet (I keep forgetting to bring one and talk about it), so I guess that's good.

I bought a medium one from someone on here - wonder if I can swap that one even though I didn't buy it from HO?

You need to talk to that person because they will be getting a replacement one from HO. They "should" be giving it to you...

pamperedbecky said:
Very interesting!!! I haven't gotten this email yet. Did you just get it?

Yes. Just got it this morning. :(

I think it is grea they are taking care of their customers like that. I agree you don't really see that anywhere else.
I didn't see it say that consultants will get replacements. I just assumed we would still have the ones we currently own.
It would be nice to get a improved one. I love my sheet pan.

bummer.... I have sold alot..

Glad PC is on top of it though!

janetupnorth said:
You need to talk to that person because they will be getting a replacement one from HO. They "should" be giving it to you...

I wish I could remember who it was. Was it you Vanessa?

I bought one from someone on here too...anyone remember selling it to me? I would love to have the replaced version. Thanks!

Becky0216 said:
I think it is grea they are taking care of their customers like that. I agree you don't really see that anywhere else.
I didn't see it say that consultants will get replacements. I just assumed we would still have the ones we currently own.
It would be nice to get a improved one. I love my sheet pan.

Yup - :love: mine too!

* If you or your customer already received your order – Please be assured that you can continue to use your metal sheet pans with complete confidence. The discoloration in no way affects the performance or safety of the product. While only some pans are affected by the manufacturing error, we will be replacing all sheet pans previously shipped. We will communicate more information about the replacement on April 14.

That includes us! :D

Wow. I'm glad they're looking out for us.I'll have to check my $1,200 show to see if anyone bought the pans. I don't think so. If I do a "report" with P3 or something ...is there an easy way to check without reviewing all 22 orders? I'm more bummed about the collapsable bowl ... I do not own any of the Simple Additions bowls or platters ... now I feel like I can't offer the cheeseburger salad because I have nothing to put it in. This is one of the reasons I got this bowl!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Wow. I'm glad they're looking out for us.

I'll have to check my $1,200 show to see if anyone bought the pans. I don't think so. If I do a "report" with P3 or something ...is there an easy way to check without reviewing all 22 orders?

I'm more bummed about the collapsable bowl ... I do not own any of the Simple Additions bowls or platters ... now I feel like I can't offer the cheeseburger salad because I have nothing to put it in. This is one of the reasons I got this bowl!

Yes...

1. Go to reports.
2. Click on Order History
3. Click on contact records, all dates, item (range 1721-1722)
4. Make sure your display options are there for the person.
5. Click finish.

I got my email this morning....major bummer.

This is a bummer...the metal sheets are a big seller. I do applaud TPCs actions on the stop sell and reaching out to our hosts to remediate. It's more proof of TPC's high standards and ethics.

Wish auto manufacturers and pharma did the same!

Janet ... I can do the report even if the show is not submitted?

Kelly,
who did you write the check to or paypal transfer??
I don't use paypal but I would assume it tells who payment was sent to.

I just submitted an order last night for a hostess and one of the guests ordered 2 large sheet pans! That is going to affect my commission and the hostesses FPV. Now what do I do??

I just ordered my samples on Monday. It shipped yesterday so I wonder if the pan will be in there. I assume it will. I bought it because I had a bunch of people interesed in seeing it at my show next Saturday.

Oh man. Hopefully I will be able to make some sales on other stuff and it will not make my show too much less for the host.

"For your customers - We’ll be contacting hosts directly to notify them of this situation. Hosts will be asked to contact their guests to give them a toll free number or email address so that their guests can let us know whether they prefer a refund or replacement pan. To thank them for their help and apologize for the inconvenience this causes them, we are sending affected Hosts the Bamboo Tongs (item # 2046)."

I would prefer to contact the guests personally rather than have the host responsible for it. Anyone else feel this way?

Poopy! I am glad that they notified us. This gives me just another reason to brag about how professional and awesome this company is.

elizabethfox said:
I just submitted an order last night for a hostess and one of the guests ordered 2 large sheet pans! That is going to affect my commission and the hostesses FPV. Now what do I do??

Elizabeth - it WON'T until after March 31st. Up until 3/31 orders are still being accepted.

Don't worry...and your customers will get the replacement or refund option.

kkimpinski said:
"For your customers - We’ll be contacting hosts directly to notify them of this situation. Hosts will be asked to contact their guests to give them a toll free number or email address so that their guests can let us know whether they prefer a refund or replacement pan. To thank them for their help and apologize for the inconvenience this causes them, we are sending affected Hosts the Bamboo Tongs (item # 2046)."

I would prefer to contact the guests personally rather than have the host responsible for it. Anyone else feel this way?

Yup, already notified mine and said they'd be getting a call or something in awhile.

janetupnorth said:
Elizabeth - it WON'T until after March 31st. Up until 3/31 orders are still being accepted.

Don't worry...and your customers will get the replacement or refund option.

I know they are still acceptng the orders....i was just wondering about the replacement/refund option. If they decide to just get the refund, then doesn't that affect the hostesses show sales??

elizabethfox said:
I know they are still acceptng the orders....i was just wondering about the replacement/refund option. If they decide to just get the refund, then doesn't that affect the hostesses show sales??
NO it won't! PC will not screw their hosts or their consultants like that! That is very bad business and I KNOW they would not do that to us! ;) :)

The funny thing is that I noticed discoloration on mine just the other day. I thought maybe it was what I had made on it last, can't remember what it was. I was going to email HO and ask them about it.

He He - I just looked up in P3 - I have only sold 3! It being my fault of course - I am not a big fan of them - I sell a ton of large bar pans - So at my 2 shows this month, I only bought the med. pan- didn't even talk about it - so I guess I am in luck -

Do you think they will replace the ones we earned in SA as well?? My large is still in the plastic -

I am so glad they picked up on the coll. bowl - That will be important to let customers know -

I'm glad they're making good on it!! I am bummed that they're on stop sell though! I've been selling alot, people love the heavy duty quality~hope they get it squared away & have replacements quickly!

So, I just want to make sure I am reading this correctly. Any of the guests who have purchased the Medium sheet pans will still be able to use the ones they have if they feel comfortable doing so and then will also be able to get either a refund or replacement pan once the problem is fixed. Is that correct. I know I sold quite a few at my last show so I want to contact the hostess and keep her informed.

dymplz8 said:
So, I just want to make sure I am reading this correctly. Any of the guests who have purchased the Medium sheet pans will still be able to use the ones they have if they feel comfortable doing so and then will also be able to get either a refund or replacement pan once the problem is fixed. Is that correct. I know I sold quite a few at my last show so I want to contact the hostess and keep her informed.

Yes!!!!
There is no issue using it, they just look uglier...

...and they can get a refund or replacement when available...

...and your host will get bamboo tongs...

Becky0216 said:

I've noticed something about your posts. Another one of our members pointed this out to you from a different thread you started, but I would like to stress her point a little further. I like you and would like to help out.;) :blushing:

You said above that "Now I will have the bad one!!!" You will only if you say you will. Words can be death or life- if you continue to choose words that attract death, dismay, confusion, trouble, stress and anxiety, you will continue to live a life that is nothing but disappointing. It's like you are expecting to have trouble from PC so you are getting trouble. You just said with your words that you WILL have the bad one- so you probably will. Since you expect bad things to happen to you, they will continue to happen to you until you change your words and your thinking.:)

It doesn't happen over night, but I'm telling you- a more positive outlook will start attractive more positive things, people and events in your life! If you lean towards the spiritual side- the bible can really help with this, as well as a few books I could suggest. If not- The Promise has similar concepts to speaking your end results. I don't agree with the philosophy of it entirely, but the fundamentals of you are what you speak is biblically based.

I feel for you and your frustration which is why I wanted to share this with you. Sorry to hijack the thread.:blushing:

Start expecting favor with people and start expecting things to go well! :D

Hmm, just curious about something. When they say they will replace them does that mean we will need to ship the original back?

The reason I ask is that living in Hawaii the shipping is killer and if we are going to be asked to pay for the return postage on these it could get a little pricey.

KimoMakano said:
Hmm, just curious about something. When they say they will replace them does that mean we will need to ship the original back?

The reason I ask is that living in Hawaii the shipping is killer and if we are going to be asked to pay for the return postage on these it could get a little pricey.

I DOUBT it! No way would PC demand that many sheet pans shipped back on a recall...they'd let everyone keep them for the hassle they are going through.

and what in the world would they do with thousands of returned sheet pans?????

Teresa Lynn said:
My exact thoughts!!! LOL!!

Teresa Lynn said:
Build a giant PC robot warrior that is broiler prooof!!

Well, if you REALLY don't want to use it, use it for a drip pan for your grill, a tray in the garage, use it for welding practice... ???Personally, I'm going to keep using mine for now...

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Build a giant PC robot warrior that is broiler prooof!!

Well...duh....that is so obvious....
Now why didn't I think of that :D

janetupnorth said:
Well, if you REALLY don't want to use it, use it for a drip pan for your grill, a tray in the garage, use it for welding practice... ???

Personally, I'm going to keep using mine for now...

I have used mine a few times, and I am not having any issues. But if I DO then I will just use the old one for a tray during the summer....like to carry out the ketchup, mustard, onion, etc for our bonfires and parties. Just put a nice cloth napkin down and add your condiments and toppings. Instant tray! :D

Or leave it tucked between the mattress of your bed so if you hear a sound in the middle of the night... AHHHHH!!! Feel the durability and quality of that!!!

Oh-- Just got a visual of a cartoon goooose egg!!

<h2>1) What is the reason for placing the Medium and Large Sheet Pans on stop sell?</h2><p>The metal sheet pans are discolored prematurely and unevenly due to a manufacturing error. While the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans, they do not meet our high quality standards.</p><h2>2) Can I continue to use my metal sheet pans with confidence?</h2><p>Yes, the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans. We will be replacing all previously shipped sheet pans, even if they are not affected by the manufacturing error. More information about the replacement will be provided on April 14.</p><h2>3) What should I do if I have unsubmitted orders with sheet pans?</h2><p>Any unsubmitted orders with sheet pans will be placed on backorder until we have new sheet pans in stock.</p><h2>4) Is there a deadline to submit orders for sheet pans?</h2><p>The deadline to submit orders for sheet pans is midnight Central Time on March 31, 2008. Any orders submitted after this date will have the sheet pans removed and the order adjusted, which may affect commissions and Host's bonus levels.</p><h2>5) Is there an option to sticker catalogs to indicate the sheet pans are not available?</h2><p>Yes, free "not available" stickers will be provided and can be ordered as a write-in item on a supply order.</p>

1) What is the reason for placing the Medium and Large Sheet Pans on stop sell?

The metal sheet pans are discolored prematurely and unevenly due to a manufacturing error. While the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans, they do not meet our high quality standards.

2) Can I continue to use my metal sheet pans with confidence?

Yes, the discoloration does not affect the performance or safety of the pans. We will be replacing all previously shipped sheet pans, even if they are not affected by the manufacturing error. More information about the replacement will be provided on April 14.

3) What should I do if I have unsubmitted orders with sheet pans?

Any unsubmitted orders with sheet pans will be placed on backorder until we have new sheet pans in stock.

4) Is there a deadline to submit orders for sheet pans?

The deadline to submit orders for sheet pans is midnight Central Time on March 31, 2008. Any orders submitted after this date will have the sheet pans removed and the order adjusted, which may affect commissions and Host's bonus levels.

5) Is there an option to sticker catalogs to indicate the sheet pans are not available?

Yes, free "not available" stickers will be provided and can be ordered as a write-in item on a supply order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kathijenkins
Replies
Views
SilverCeladon
  • PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies