1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sheet pan vs stoneware

1. chef greta

chef greta Member Gold Member

I have a customer who called me yesterday because she wanted to make cookies realized she has no cookie sheets. So she wants to order something for her general baking needs, but she actually cooks/bakes very little. She asked which she i thought she should get, sheet pan or a stone. I use the stones regularly, but i don't use the sheet pans that often. But i know a lot of people love the sheet pans. So which should i suggest?

Apr 23, 2009
  2. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I LOVE our sheet pans. For general baking, personally, I'd suggest the stone.

Apr 23, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I think a sheet pan would be more versatile for her since it can go under the broiler.

I am surprised by how much I love my sheet pans. I tend to reach for them over stoneware for everything except frozen foods.

Apr 23, 2009
  4. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I prefer the stones for cookies.

Apr 23, 2009
  5. vonfirmath

vonfirmath Member

Something to think about: Sheet pans are WAY easier to store for something she doesn't use very often.

Apr 24, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I have finally gotten so I use my stones for everything, I just have a hard time reaching for the sheet pans now... And I just love the stones for baking cookies and stuff, so I don't even want to bother with the sheet pans. About the only time I reach for them is if I have to broil something, and then I usually just use my broiler pan...

Apr 24, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I used to use sheet pans for everything until I became a consultant and finally gave the stoneware a fair chance. Now my rectangle stones are well seasoned and I love baking cookies on them. They come off so nice and taste great. Then she could use them for pizzas and braids and whatever and she'll love the results. (I love the bar pan too, but for cookies I stick to the rectangle stone). Stoneware is heavy though, and they don't store as nicely and easily as sheet pans. The metal sheet pans do wash up nice and are great for going under the broiler, but I hate how they get scratches from metal tools. I'd give her all the pros and cons and let her decide.

Apr 24, 2009
  8. Michelle817

Michelle817 Member Silver Member

Personally, I would suggest a sheet pan. I use mine a lot more than my stones. I find them easier to use, easier to store, they're less breakable, and more versatile. (as well as lighter & cheaper)

Apr 25, 2009
Have something to add?