• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheet Pan vs Stoneware: Choosing the Best Baking Option | Expert Advice

In summary, the conversation discussed the differences between using a sheet pan and a stone for general baking needs. The group generally agreed that for someone who doesn't bake or cook often, a sheet pan would be a better option due to its versatility, ease of storage, and lower price. However, some members still preferred using the stones for baking cookies and other specific dishes. Ultimately, it was suggested to present both the benefits and drawbacks of each option and let the customer decide for themselves.
chef greta
Gold Member
I have a customer who called me yesterday because she wanted to make cookies realized she has no cookie sheets. So she wants to order something for her general baking needs, but she actually cooks/bakes very little. She asked which she i thought she should get, sheet pan or a stone. I use the stones regularly, but i don't use the sheet pans that often. But i know a lot of people love the sheet pans. So which should i suggest?

I LOVE our sheet pans. For general baking, personally, I'd suggest the stone.

I think a sheet pan would be more versatile for her since it can go under the broiler.I am surprised by how much I love my sheet pans. I tend to reach for them over stoneware for everything except frozen foods.

I prefer the stones for cookies.

Something to think about: Sheet pans are WAY easier to store for something she doesn't use very often.

I have finally gotten so I use my stones for everything, I just have a hard time reaching for the sheet pans now... And I just love the stones for baking cookies and stuff, so I don't even want to bother with the sheet pans. About the only time I reach for them is if I have to broil something, and then I usually just use my broiler pan...

I used to use sheet pans for everything until I became a consultant and finally gave the stoneware a fair chance. Now my rectangle stones are well seasoned and I love baking cookies on them. They come off so nice and taste great. Then she could use them for pizzas and braids and whatever and she'll love the results. (I love the bar pan too, but for cookies I stick to the rectangle stone). Stoneware is heavy though, and they don't store as nicely and easily as sheet pans. The metal sheet pans do wash up nice and are great for going under the broiler, but I hate how they get scratches from metal tools. I'd give her all the pros and cons and let her decide.

Personally, I would suggest a sheet pan. I use mine a lot more than my stones. I find them easier to use, easier to store, they're less breakable, and more versatile. (as well as lighter & cheaper)

What are the benefits of using a sheet pan over stoneware?

Sheet pans are typically made of metal, which allows for better heat distribution and browning of food. They are also lightweight and easy to clean, making them a convenient option for everyday use.

Can stoneware be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, stoneware is oven and microwave safe. It can also be used in the freezer and dishwasher, making it a versatile option for cooking and reheating meals.

Does cooking on a sheet pan affect the taste of the food?

Using a sheet pan will not affect the taste of the food, as long as it is properly seasoned and cleaned. However, stoneware can add a unique flavor to dishes due to its porous nature.

Which option is more durable and long-lasting?

Both sheet pans and stoneware can be very durable and long-lasting, depending on the quality of the material. However, stoneware is more prone to cracking or chipping if not handled properly.

Can I use parchment paper or aluminum foil on stoneware?

It is not recommended to use parchment paper or aluminum foil on stoneware, as it can prevent the food from browning properly. It is best to use stoneware without any additional lining for optimal results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Tropicalburstqt2