• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Sharpen an Old Food Chopper Blade?

In summary, it is recommended to sharpen your food chopper blade every 6-12 months, using a sharpening stone or honing steel at a 20-degree angle on both sides of the blade. While it is possible to sharpen at home, if you are not comfortable, you can take it to a professional. Sharpening both sides is necessary for maintaining balance and effectiveness, and signs that your blade needs sharpening include difficulty cutting and visible wear and tear.
cookingwithjennifer@gmail
I just had a customer ask about sharpening the blade on her food chopper she has owned for 9 years. She wanted to purchase a sharpener we apparently used to sell, but since it is no longer available can anyone comment on if/how you would sharpen a food chopper blade?

Thanks!:confused:

Ive heard to chop up ice - also heard to ball up a piece of tin foil and chop on that. I tried the foil and it seemed to work - havent tried the ice though!

I've heard NOT to chop ice because it will DULL the blade. The tinfoil seems like it would work...I like to scrapbook and I have paper punches and I punch tinfoil to sharpen those...same idea!
Becky

I have also heard NOT to use ice to sharpen because it could also bend the blades along with dulling them. I have been told to use a crumpled up ball of aluminum foil to sharpen them from more than one person. Maybe you could contact HO and see what their official response is and post it here.

I'll post the response I get back from the solution center as soon as I get one! Thanks for your comments/suggestions

1. How often should I sharpen my food chopper blade?

It is recommended to sharpen your food chopper blade every 6-12 months, depending on how frequently you use it. If you notice that the blade is becoming dull or difficult to use, it may be time for a sharpening.

2. What is the best way to sharpen my food chopper blade?

The best way to sharpen your food chopper blade is to use a sharpening stone or a honing steel. Simply run the blade along the stone or steel at a 20-degree angle, making sure to cover the entire blade. Repeat on the other side of the blade and then wipe clean.

3. Can I sharpen my food chopper blade at home or do I need to take it to a professional?

You can sharpen your food chopper blade at home with the right tools and technique. However, if you are not comfortable doing so, you can always take it to a professional for sharpening.

4. Is it necessary to sharpen both sides of the food chopper blade?

Yes, it is important to sharpen both sides of the food chopper blade in order to maintain its balance and effectiveness. Sharpening only one side can cause the blade to become uneven and potentially damage your chopper.

5. How can I tell if my food chopper blade needs sharpening?

If you notice that your food chopper is not cutting as easily or evenly as it used to, it may be time for a sharpening. You may also see visible signs of wear and tear on the blade, such as chips or dents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbenton4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
  • MrsCaleb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • stephaniek