• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Sharpen Color Coated Knives?

In summary, it is recommended to sharpen your color coated knives every 3-6 months using a sharpener specifically designed for color coated knives. Signs that your knives need sharpening include dullness and visual damage. You can sharpen them at home or take them to a professional, as long as you use proper techniques and tools.
Kelly8
What's the best way?

I have never sharpened mine and actually didn't think we were suppose to. Mine are just as nice as they were when I opened them.:)

i use the honing tool that is for the forged cutlery...while it doesn't sharpen per se, it keeps the blades like they are supposed to be.

So you can use the honing tool for the color coated knives? Cool! Thanks!

Kelly8 said:
So you can use the honing tool for the color coated knives? Cool! Thanks!

I thought we weren't supposed to but I just looked it up and in the PIG it says:
Note: The Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is effective to hone the Color Coated Santoku, Paring, Chef’s
and Utility Knives.

That is a great way to sell the honing tool!

Good to know--basically any but the serrated knives.

I thought the whole point of the color coated knives is that they are inexpensive and not designed to be sharpened! (I do understand using the Honing Tool though-I gotta get me one of those!)

You can hone the color coated knives but I would be careful actually sharpening them. You might nick the coating and cause it to peel. With the honing tool you are just realigning the blade to make it last longer but it's not made to be a lifetime knife like the forged cutlery collection.

I agree with the above comments and I consider my green knives, my camping knives

1. How often should I sharpen my color coated knives?

It is recommended to sharpen your color coated knives every 3-6 months, depending on how frequently you use them. Regular sharpening will ensure that your knives maintain their sharpness and effectiveness.

2. Can I use any type of sharpener on my color coated knives?

No, it is important to use a sharpener specifically designed for color coated knives. Using the wrong sharpener can damage the coating and affect the performance of your knives.

3. How do I know when my color coated knives need to be sharpened?

If you notice that your knives are becoming dull and are not slicing through food as easily as before, it is time to sharpen them. You can also do a visual check by looking at the edge of the blade for any nicks or chips.

4. Can I sharpen my color coated knives at home or do I need to take them to a professional?

You can sharpen your color coated knives at home using a sharpening stone or a color coated knife sharpener. However, if you are not confident in your sharpening skills, it is best to take them to a professional to avoid damaging the knives.

5. Is it safe to sharpen color coated knives?

Yes, it is safe to sharpen color coated knives as long as you use the proper techniques and tools. Be sure to follow the instructions provided with your sharpener and take your time to sharpen the knives carefully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• atpchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kltaylo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • robotChef