• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Expert Tips for Sharpening Your Can Opener - Try This Trick!

In summary, it is recommended to sharpen your can opener every 6 months using a dedicated can opener sharpener. The trick for sharpening a can opener is to use a potato to clean and sharpen the blade. If your can opener still seems dull after sharpening, it may be time to replace it with a new one. This method is only recommended for manual can openers, as electric can openers have a different mechanism and require a different type of sharpener.
pamperedbecky
Is there are a little trick to sharpening the can opener? If that's even possible. I know about chopping aluminum foil with the food chopper to sharpen those blades and I thought I remembered hearing something similar with the can opener, but I tried it and I can't get it to go through. I have a customer saying hers doesn't work anymore so I thought I'd try to give her a suggestion.

Thanks!

umm, I don't think the foil in the food chopper actually sharpens the blades, that's a myth. I think with the can opener, once it's dull you need a new one. Has she had it long?

Hi there! Sharpening a can opener can definitely be a tricky task, but there are a few methods you can try. One option is to use a whetstone or sharpening stone to manually sharpen the blades. Another trick is to run the can opener along the edge of a ceramic mug or plate, as the rough surface can help sharpen the blades. You can also try running the blades through a few layers of aluminum foil to help sharpen them. If none of these methods work, it might be time to invest in a new can opener. Hope this helps!

1. How often should I sharpen my can opener?

It is recommended to sharpen your can opener every 6 months to ensure optimal performance.

2. Can I use any type of sharpener for my can opener?

No, it is important to use a dedicated can opener sharpener, as other sharpeners may not be the right size or shape for your can opener.

3. What is the "trick" for sharpening a can opener?

The trick is to use a potato to clean and sharpen the blade. Simply stick the blade into a potato and twist it around a few times.

4. My can opener seems dull even after sharpening, what should I do?

If your can opener still seems dull after sharpening, it may be time to replace it with a new one. Over time, the blade can become too worn to be effectively sharpened.

5. Can I sharpen an electric can opener using this method?

No, this method is only recommended for manual can openers. Electric can openers have a different mechanism and require a different type of sharpener.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies