• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharing Meal Support for Friend with Terminally Ill Father

In summary, my friend is taking care of her terminally ill father, and 2 of our mutual friends would like to get a bunch of dinners together so she can just pop one in the oven. She doesn't like mushrooms or oranges, and hates boiled noodles. One suggestion is to send pizza, which many places will let you do. Another suggestion is meat loaf, which freezes well. The final suggestion is sloppy joes, which freezes well and is easy to reheat.
SLDOWDY1978
One of my closest friends is taking care of her terminally ill father. They don't expect for him to live past the end of the month and a couple of our mutual friends would like to get a bunch of dinners together so she can just pop one in the oven. She has 2 small boys as well so this is extra hard for her. Does anyone have any ideas? She hates mushrooms and oranges. Thanks Guys!

lasagna. use the no boil noodles. for somereason they freeze better for me. Just don't cook it completely. ie. make it and cook for about 25 minutes then wrap it and the first time she heats it will be the first time it is fully cooked. The other thing I do sometimes is send pizza... esp with kids. Many places will let you send it prepaid (inc tip so she doesn't have to worry bout it.) Meat loaf also freezes well with steam and mash potatoes from ore ida (they are great in a pinch!) My prayers will be with her and her family

Did you look at our Power Cooking recipes?
Chicken Recipes
Beef Recipesyou can also look at "30-Day Gourmet". They have a recipes section and you can go through them.

I usually make a pot of soup. Like a Beef & Barley, or a Chicken & Rice soup (not something with pasta - that gets mushy in the freezer) Then freeze it and it's easy to reheat. Soup is comforting, and easy to eat...and a change from the heavy casseroles that are the usual fare for freezer food.

One of my consultant's mother has extensive surgery and will be going through Chemo. She had everyone that was willing chip in money ($10) was recommended and then we met @ Social Suppers and made meals. The owner even gave her a BIG discount. Just an idea. We got to sample the food and it was delish.

I second the Power Cooking recipes for chicken and beef listed on CC under theme shows. They are easy and tasty and you can do 3-5 different recipes at once.

Thanks Ladies. I have know her and her father all of my life. She lost her mother to cancer in 96 when she was 18 and now she is loosing her father as well. I feel so bad for her. july 4th the docs gave him 6 months, 3 weeks ago, they gave him 6 weeks, now they are saying any day. he is halucinating (saying he is seeing his dead wife) and its hard on my friend. wish i could do more for her. :(

praying for your friend, sandy, and the whole family.
~carla

Sending prayers for your friend, her family and for you. Sounds like you are very close to them. May God comfort all of you in your time of need! Amen.

Sloppy Joes with our BBQ rub is easy & freezes well and you can freeze it in serving size portions; serve with fries or potato chips. Individual meat loaves in our muffin pan - just watch them so they don't get crunchy on the outside; these freeze well & are easy to reheat. Serve with green beans and instant mashed potatoes - you could even make up your own TV dinners with divided plates - just wrap with plastic wrap then foil. Hope this helps.

1. How can I show my support for a friend with a terminally ill father?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, one way you can support your friend is by organizing a meal train. This is a schedule where friends and family can sign up to bring meals to the family in need. You can also offer to coordinate meal deliveries and help with any dietary restrictions or preferences.

2. Is there a specific type of food that is best for someone with a terminally ill father?

It's best to ask your friend or their family about any specific dietary needs or preferences. In general, it's best to stick to simple and comforting meals that are easy to reheat or freeze. Casseroles, soups, and stews are great options for this type of situation.

3. How often should I bring meals to my friend's family?

The frequency of meal deliveries will depend on your friend's needs and preferences. Some may appreciate daily meals, while others may prefer a few times a week. It's important to communicate with your friend and their family to determine what works best for them.

4. Can I bring meals from a restaurant or should I make them myself?

Both options are acceptable, but homemade meals may be more appreciated and personalized. If you choose to bring meals from a restaurant, be sure to check for any dietary restrictions or preferences and inform the family beforehand.

5. How can I involve other friends and family in the meal support?

You can create a sign-up sheet for the meal train and share it with others who may want to participate. You can also ask for volunteers to help with coordination and communication. Additionally, you can suggest that others contribute by offering to help with household tasks or running errands for the family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Nique
  • General Chat
Replies