• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharing a Booth With Another Consultant- How Do I?

In summary, a new consultant should expect to have their booth split with another consultant, to wear a business card, and to take breaks and walk around.
esavvymom
Staff member
What should I expect when sharing a booth with another consultant? I don't want to appear dumb when I get there, but this is my first time (and she knows that). The consultant I am doing the shift with is new to the area and restarting her business here. She's been a consultant for many years. I am pretty sure she lives in the same general area as I do- only 10 miles or less from me.

An Advanced Director has the booth and different consultants are taking shifts. I know that for the prize slips- it would be alternating leads. We each have our own colored paper or initials on our prize slips, so that at the end of our shift, we'll split the leads and follow up accordingly. But she didn't explain about at-show orders. I'm assuming it works the same, but I was just curious how others have done it in the past, so I have a better idea of what to expect.

Also, instead of having regular business cards to hand out, since the Adv.Dir said not too many people really want just a business card- but maybe hand out a flyer or a recipe instead. The Adv. Dir provided examples of several she was using- but said we could modify or use something of our own...well, I put a recipe on one side of a postcard, and my business-card information on the other. I thought I'd combine that with one of the flyers that had a great coupon for Bookings (get a free product for booking a show- given at time of show). Will it be really bad if more people start taking my card/recipe than the other consultants? Is that taboo? I wouldn't try to 'steal' her leads, but I wouldn't be surprised if I say "Do you want a recipe?" to one person, the person next to them may hear it and say "I want one too!".

??

I have done booths with another consultant in my cluster, we're friends. We split the booth fee, and each go in with a specific goal. Mine used to be selling my excess inventory. Now, I am no longer doing that so my goal is at least 2 bookings.

We both have done fairly well, and while I haven't done the booking stragedy yet, I am sure it would work well for both of us in the future.

I also wanted to add that you should each take breaks and walk around and speak to the other vendors. Wear PC shirts, this way it helps identifiy yourself and people will often ask YOU!

When working with other consultants, we try and alternate not only who we give recipes to, but where we are standing; in case traffic flows a certain area. As far as orders, whichever consultant started talking to the customer is who gets the order. I have found that sometimes consultants can be pushy at booths, so people will naturally happen to flock to the non-pushy one. So, make sure to look approachable, be friendly, wear a smile at all times! When both consultants are good consultants, the orders just happen to end up about even, same with bookings. Good luck!

I just shared a booth with another consultant yesterday. We took turns when it came to handing out catalogs and talking to people. As far as the drawing slips, we just divided them up evenly by the category that was marked (i.e. interested in hosting a show, would like monthly specials, etc...) Worked out great this way.

We always do different colored drawing slips so that we get the ones from the people we talked with. After all, you are starting to build a relationship so you should do the followup with that person. We, too, take turns talking to people so that it's fair. For instance, if someone comes up and starts talking to me the other person gets the next lead. If I notice that the other person isn't getting as many people willing to fill out the DPDS I take a walk to check out other vendors so she has a chance to catch up. When I'm with a new consultant I'll sometimes start a conversation and then have the other consultant take over when the opportunity presents itself so she can get the lead if it looks like a good one.

As long as you are both being fair it all works out - and it's all in the follow-up.

I agree with an above post about taking a break and letting the other person get the booth to themselves for a while, maybe 20 min or so and talk to your other girl about doing the same for you...use the colored paper for slips, have your own recipe cards, etc, and when somone comes up to your booth, TAKE TURNS! If your other consultant just talked to the last person, you go up and talk to the next, etc. It should work out fine!

if you like the DPS HO offers like I do I just snip the corner off of mine and let the other cons. leave hers like normal. the guest doesn't really notice and its easy to sort at the end & less work than making my own, printing and cutting them

erinb said:
I just shared a booth with another consultant yesterday. We took turns when it came to handing out catalogs and talking to people. As far as the drawing slips, we just divided them up evenly by the category that was marked (i.e. interested in hosting a show, would like monthly specials, etc...) Worked out great this way.

My booths have worked a lot like this. We each bring a certain quota of mini catalogs with a recipe/coupon/info attached. A couple of times we have gotten together in advance and alternated our stack of catalogs (one of hers, one of mine, one of hers....) and handed them out (it's very even that way, if they wanna order or book then by all means make sure they have your info). Last time we each kept our own and took turns greeting people who came to the booth. If someone wanted to order something, then who ever got that customer took the order. If we had someone come into the booth and book a party (we had 7 bookings), whoever initially greeted them got the booking. It actually worked out very well (I had 3 bookings and she had 4) and then at the end we each did what the above post did. We took each slip and put them into categories based on the info requested. Then we split up each category evenly between us and let the chips fall where they may once we did our customer calls. We always split the booth cost and then split the cost for the prize..whatever that may be.

Oh yeah... we split up the slips like other people... by category then by number. Then we if neither of us started up a great conversation with the person and don't remember them (we mark the slip with our initials if we do talk) we split them up by location, so that way we each have ones closer to us.

I can give you advice as to what NOT to do...one of my consultants worked with another new consultant and had the following experience:

-Experienced consultant started talking to an attendee...new consultant reaches over and hands them HER card or mini-catalog and drawing slip!! :eek:
-New consultant refused to change places in the interest of traffic flow :grumpy:
-New consultant constantly interrupted or tried to sell a customer experience consultant was working with. :mad:
-New consultant almost brought tuna and eggs to make her tuna salad dinner (until we got wind of it--no pun intended--and put the kibosh on it):yuck:

My consultant was fuming by the time she finished her one and only shift for the regional state fair and saw that new consultant had double the amount of drawing slips.

I felt so bad fo her, but on the plus side, "my girl" probably got better quality leads and she did get two bookings :)

Generally ... if you talk to the person, it is your lead ... put it in your pocket and not in the "free cooking show" drawing.

HOWEVER ... when my recruiter and I work a booth, we just split the leads evenly, often according to geography ... she lives 20 miles from my house so if I talked to somebody but he lives right down the street from her, he's hers.

can give you advice as to what NOT to do...one of my consultants worked with another new consultant and had the following experience:

-Experienced consultant started talking to an attendee...new consultant reaches over and hands them HER card or mini-catalog and drawing slip!!
-New consultant refused to change places in the interest of traffic flow
-New consultant constantly interrupted or tried to sell a customer experience consultant was working with.

Geez-this sounds like my booth experience last Sunday!! Everytime I would start to talk to someone, the new consultant would ask them if they had seen the new catalog and hand them one! I only give out mini catalogs so I was ticked! Luckily, she ran out of catalogs pretty quick!!

Talk to each other before your shift starts just so you are on the same page:)

I try to always have the same booth partner. We always know what the other is doing and never have any suprises. If I'm working with someone new I try to go along with the other's ideas as much as possible. If someone gets an order or books a show, it's automaticly their lead. I do try to walk around and talk to other consultants at their booths to get more business or recruits.

I am picky who I work with. I generally just work with others that I know and have shared a booth before. We coordinate recipe cards (no need to have 2 consultants with different recipes - people will take yours and then take hers too) and in the case of a big, busy event, alternate giving brochures/recipes out. We split the leads, but do keep the ones that we personally have made a connection with.

I'm in the same situation in a few weeks I will be doing a huge local event called Homearama. I got a prime time Saturday spot but its with a person I have never met as well! This would be my first booth event.
So far I have emailed her to see what products she wants to display and ask her if she does any cash and carry items. (So wondering how that works) I asked her to call me and I haven't heard from her. :(
When is your event? I would love to hear your feed back on how it went!

Chefstover2 said:
I can give you advice as to what NOT to do...one of my consultants worked with another new consultant and had the following experience:

-Experienced consultant started talking to an attendee...new consultant reaches over and hands them HER card or mini-catalog and drawing slip!! :eek:
-New consultant refused to change places in the interest of traffic flow :grumpy:
-New consultant constantly interrupted or tried to sell a customer experience consultant was working with. :mad:
-New consultant almost brought tuna and eggs to make her tuna salad dinner (until we got wind of it--no pun intended--and put the kibosh on it):yuck:

OMG! I couldn't do that kind of sleazy stuff if I WANTED to! It's just not my nature..so she has no worries there. :)

Jenni said:
When is your event? I would love to hear your feed back on how it went!

The event is this coming Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all of the advice. :) now I just need to have general conversation starters prepared- like "Are you familiar with Pampered Chef?" and maybe a few more 'natural sounding' ones. I'm a rather shy-person so starting a conversation that will convert to a lead or sale is tough for me. Once I get started, I'll be ok..but I'll need to have a plan or I'll be blubbering all over the place.:eek:

Just be yourself. You'll do fine.

esavvymom said:
What should I expect when sharing a booth with another consultant? I don't want to appear dumb when I get there, but this is my first time (and she knows that). The consultant I am doing the shift with is new to the area and restarting her business here. She's been a consultant for many years. I am pretty sure she lives in the same general area as I do- only 10 miles or less from me.

An Advanced Director has the booth and different consultants are taking shifts. I know that for the prize slips- it would be alternating leads. We each have our own colored paper or initials on our prize slips, so that at the end of our shift, we'll split the leads and follow up accordingly. But she didn't explain about at-show orders. I'm assuming it works the same, but I was just curious how others have done it in the past, so I have a better idea of what to expect.

Also, instead of having regular business cards to hand out, since the Adv.Dir said not too many people really want just a business card- but maybe hand out a flyer or a recipe instead. The Adv. Dir provided examples of several she was using- but said we could modify or use something of our own...well, I put a recipe on one side of a postcard, and my business-card information on the other. I thought I'd combine that with one of the flyers that had a great coupon for Bookings (get a free product for booking a show- given at time of show). Will it be really bad if more people start taking my card/recipe than the other consultants? Is that taboo? I wouldn't try to 'steal' her leads, but I wouldn't be surprised if I say "Do you want a recipe?" to one person, the person next to them may hear it and say "I want one too!".

??

I just did my first festival over the weekend. I was with two other consultants...one was a very UNMOTIVATED person who really just sat there all weekend long. She did not bring any biz cards OR catalogs with her on Saturday... She was scheduled to stay the entire day, I was to open the booth both Saturday and Sunday, and the third person was to close down each day.

We had different colors for our lead sheets and we kept the leads that were ours...In the end, when we split up the leads (The closing consultant and myself actually had about an equal amt. between us, since we both actively WORKED the booth both days!) Our third one, had a whopping 2 lead slips by the end of the day yesterday...sadly, one of the leads is a HOT one, and we are both concerned about it just hanging...it just gives PC a bad rep. to not follow up especially on a HOT lead of LOYAL PCers...

Overall, I feel like I found a great booth partner for future festivals...we have two more coming up next month...and I look forward to working with her. We really feed off of each other and motivate one another. We both want directorship, so that is great...we can help each other keep the fire burning!

I just think if you have a game plan worked out beforehand with whomever you are working the booth with, then it is best. If you have to rotate who approches the customers, then do that...

I gave a LOT of business cards out over the weekend...I was so glad I had them! People did not want to carry a lot of things, and ASKED for biz cards...I feel like I at LEAST got my website promoted a lot...You would be amazed at how many people think you HAVE to attend or host a party to be able to order!

Trina

esavvymom said:
The event is this coming Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all of the advice. :) now I just need to have general conversation starters prepared- like "Are you familiar with Pampered Chef?" and maybe a few more 'natural sounding' ones. I'm a rather shy-person so starting a conversation that will convert to a lead or sale is tough for me. Once I get started, I'll be ok..but I'll need to have a plan or I'll be blubbering all over the place.:eek:

That was actually the most common thing I said over the weekend as people approched our booth....then you can go from there...if they have, you can ask if they have ever attended a party, if yes, you can ask if they have ever considered HOSTING one...I got a lot of leads from those questions...I even got a couple of RECRUIT leads!

I am sure you will do fine! I will be looking forward to reading how it goes for you!

Trina

Last edited:
Having worked a bunch of booths with several different people, I can tell you what works for me (although your mileage may vary).I usually have drawing slips identified somehow, by color or stamped with a name. We don't leave them on the table - people have to get a slip from us. Then we get the slips completed by the people we spoke to, since they had to get mine from me (for example). We will usually coordinate the prize, although that's not as important if you just talk about "prize drawing" without mentioning the prize.It is important to find someone you're comfortable with, since you'll be spending a fair (ha! no pun intended) amount of time with them in the booth. If one of you is more aggressive in getting leads than the other is, it can cause resentment on the part of the person who gets fewer leads. If you're each respectful of the other's efforts and don't steal leads then it will be a more enjoyable experience all around.

chefann said:
Having worked a bunch of booths with several different people, I can tell you what works for me (although your mileage may vary).

I usually have drawing slips identified somehow, by color or stamped with a name. We don't leave them on the table - people have to get a slip from us. Then we get the slips completed by the people we spoke to, since they had to get mine from me (for example). We will usually coordinate the prize, although that's not as important if you just talk about "prize drawing" without mentioning the prize.

It is important to find someone you're comfortable with, since you'll be spending a fair (ha! no pun intended) amount of time with them in the booth. If one of you is more aggressive in getting leads than the other is, it can cause resentment on the part of the person who gets fewer leads. If you're each respectful of the other's efforts and don't steal leads then it will be a more enjoyable experience all around.

I agree with you...that is pretty much what we did (the one consultant that DID work the booth)

tmo2008 said:
That was actually the most common thing I said over the weekend as people approched our booth....then you can go from there...if they have, you can ask if they have ever attended a party, if yes, you can ask if they have ever considered HOSTING one...I got a lot of leads from those questions...I even got a couple of RECRUIT leads! I am sure you will do fine! I will be looking forward to reading how it goes for you!Trina
Thanks! I was kind of thinking along those lines.I've never met the lady I'm working with. I just jumped at the open slot that my director had told me about. It's with a different director in the area...so most of the consultants working it throughout the 3 days are on her team. The lady I'm working with has 8-yrs experience and just moved here, so is trying to rebuild. I'm hoping it goes well, and that I can work with this group in the future for other area shows. We have GREAT shows in this area every year between Sept-Dec, and then more in the spring- (home & bridal). (I'm around Raleigh.)My upline gave me several tips too- she just had a booth this weekend. But you guys have given me great advice and CONFIDENCE. :)What do you think of this flyer? The first page is what the director gave us. I added some more things on the back (from another flyer I got off of this site). I also added the PC Photos. I figured this might kill two-birds with one stone- giving out a recipe AND a business card, as well as Hosting info, tips, etc. Is it too much?? It prints out beautifully, I think anyway. But I'm biased. I'm printing it front-and-back, but you could easily just use the Front alone.

Attachments

• Generic - Fair Flyer Final.doc
    157 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
And yes...i just realized that the Pumpkin Pie recipe in the flyer does NOT tell you how much pumpkin it requires. That was not my typo- but the lady who sent it to me, I think. I've emailed her for it, but if anyone has this recipe or knows how much it should be (It's apparently in the "More Stoneware Sensations" cookbook- pg 88- which I do NOT have), could you let me know? I was going to try the recipe this week- in case anyone asked me about it. :)

1. How do I split the booth fee with another consultant?

The best way to split the booth fee with another consultant is to first determine the cost of the booth. Then, divide that cost evenly between you and the other consultant. For example, if the booth fee is $200, each of you would pay $100. Make sure to communicate and agree on the split beforehand.

2. How do I display my products alongside another consultant's products?

To display your products alongside another consultant's, it is important to coordinate and plan the layout of the booth. You can divide the space evenly and display your products on one side and the other consultant's products on the other side. Alternatively, you can also mix and match products from both consultants to create an eye-catching display.

3. How do I handle sales and payments when sharing a booth?

It is best to have a system in place for handling sales and payments when sharing a booth with another consultant. You can either have separate payment methods for each consultant or have a joint cash box where all sales are combined and then split evenly. Be sure to discuss this with the other consultant beforehand and come to an agreement.

4. How do I avoid conflicts of interest with another consultant?

To avoid conflicts of interest, it is important to communicate with the other consultant and establish boundaries. Discuss which products each of you will be promoting and selling, and make sure to respect each other's territory. It is also a good idea to have a clear understanding of each other's target audience to avoid any overlap.

5. How do I promote both consultants in the shared booth?

There are several ways to promote both consultants in a shared booth. You can have a joint banner or sign with both of your business names and logos. You can also cross-promote each other's products by highlighting complementary items or offering a joint discount. Make sure to also mention the other consultant in your interactions with customers to give them both exposure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefliz
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katreallycooks
  • esavvymom