• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your $99 DCB Set with Free Shipping and Recipes!

In summary, Kara is sharing her idea for a $99 DCB set that includes a digital pocket thermometer, rubs, recipes, and flyers. She is also offering free shipping to new customers.
outwhit420 said:
I love this too! My question is: Do you charge them tax on just the $99 or of the actual retail value? For instance, in CT tax on $99 would be $5.94. Now, one of the many sets I saw totaled $100.50 and tax on that would be $6.03. So, would it be $99 + $5.94 OR $99 + $6.03?

Tough call on that one. Technically, the customer should pay tax on the exact amount they paid. However, we don't remit the sales tax to the state--PC does, and they will remit the tax on the full value. When I was a Shaklee distributor I had a sales tax number. I collected sales tax based on the cost of the item and remitted the collected tax to the state tax department.

To be fair to the customer, you should base the sales tax on the amount charged. Anything over that amount should be entered in P3 as "consultant gift". HTH

Hello all!! I took what I got from this post to make 2 mini baker sets. I "stole" a couple of the DCB flyers from here so I made the mini sets to match those. Let me know what you think and if you think I should change anything. I am still fairly new so there may be something I'm missing.

Attachments

• MB Set 1.doc
    98 KB · Views: 524
  • MB Set 2.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 408
I love MB Set 1! Great Job! Thanks for sharing with us.

You asked for feedback...Really, nothing as you did a fabulous job, but here's my input. :)

The "00" on the $6 for needs to adjusted, looks like they're "oo".
By offering free shipping and a SB, you are giving away almost half your profit.

Again, they look great!

I tried the DCB Special and my first show last night, and had no takers.

I was wondering when you present the 'flyer/special' to them. I had it in the guest packet and introduced it towards the beginning with the DCB.

Should I hold off to the end of the show and introduce the special?

Has anyone considered using bi-weekly or monthly packages for their email list or newsletter? It would give an excuse to contact our customers multiple times and offer them a new and exciting money saving package. Perhaps offer an extra incentive if they book a show to get it? (book a show and purchase this set at your show and receive a free ______)

Thoughts?

robochick84 said:
I tried the DCB Special and my first show last night, and had no takers.

I was wondering when you present the 'flyer/special' to them. I had it in the guest packet and introduced it towards the beginning with the DCB.

Should I hold off to the end of the show and introduce the special?

First, are you using the DCB at your Show (for your demo recipe)? When you demo the DCB with a recipe and talk about its versatility, you grab more attention... Then, share the offer that they can take advantage of tonight at your Show... Use the products in the flyer during your demo.

TrishPCMommy said:
First, are you using the DCB at your Show (for your demo recipe)? When you demo the DCB with a recipe and talk about its versatility, you grab more attention... Then, share the offer that they can take advantage of tonight at your Show... Use the products in the flyer during your demo.
Yes, I have been demoing the penne al fresco recipe and I am hoping I have results with the flyer tomorrow.
Thanks

Can't wait to show you all the batch of flyers Kathleen is making for me on here...I am having her back basically a package booklet that I am going to send to office max to get printed and bound for a few bucks. It has some package ideas I took off of you guys and some new ones.

I just did this again at my second show on Sunday, and still no takers on the "Special" $99 set.

I did sell 3 deep covered bakers as single items though!

Mine for October is:

-DCB (Cranberry or white0
-1 rub
-1 SBRC
-Bar board
-Salad Choppers or $25 shopping spree from the catalog.

The $25 shopping spree typically brings the persons order to more than $99 they just pay the difference. i had one lady order $218 at my last show because I offered the $25 shopping spree.

Next month I will have the same just without the Bar board. I am letting people know this at my shows so they take advantage of the special now!

Ddcb flyer really works... Took it to 2 show this past weekend and sold 2 specials and 1 single baker.. Wahoo

I use the one Carolyn (dannyzmom) posted, except I took the free shipping out (I'm cheap). Last week I didn't sell any, but I also didn't demoa DCB recipe. Last night I did a DCB recipe and sold 1 set and one DCB out of 4 orders.

Here is the one I use. I just tag it onto another order to get the free shipping. ;) I sold one at my first show and I plan on using it again!

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerFlyer2009.doc
    134 KB · Views: 543
KaiKendall said:
So, I stole your flier and made a new one for the mini-baker too, so there's a $55 set (I only did half price shipping, since it's a smaller set, total savings about $5) in addition to your DCB set. I'm a temporary single mom (husband is overseas) so I use my mini-baker A TON for just me and my 4 year old, so I figured it's a good alternative!

I love this alternative - thanks! This doesn't come with a lid, does it?

eflage said:
I have two different DCB Bundles that I created for the new Fall products, one features the Pocket Thermometer and the other has the Round Up from the Heart Trivet.

Hope these help!

I like how you use the SB as a "bonus gift" and not part of the set ... everyone likes to think they are getting a little extra ... :)

KaiKendall said:
I have a lot of baking friends, and for October, I decided to do a PIE Set! Have two shows scheduled for October already, so we'll see how this goes to prep for holiday season!

Love this pie set idea! :)

KaiKendall said:
I changed the info to mine and saved it as a PDF (I used the free trial of publisher, lol) so you would just have to put a sticker or lable over the info

I think I'll use this, but try to add a "martini" package ...

cookingwithdot said:
Here is the one I use. I just tag it onto another order to get the free shipping. ;) I sold one at my first show and I plan on using it again!

But how do you handle warranty issues when you tag it onto someone else's order?

I Sooooo Love This Site!
Absolutely Fabulous! Just what I was looking for!
Thank You!

JennLizFran said:
I took everyone's ideas on here, from the Pampered Packages and made a flyer with just a few to offer and see how it goes...along with these I'll be offering the DCB set and Single Serving Set. Already had one sale on the DCB set and that was just taking it off the printer at work!!! :)
Thanks everyone for your great ideas and creativity!

Any other suggested gift sets, like these? They'd be fabulous to display at my upcoming booths!

dannyzmom said:
But how do you handle warranty issues when you tag it onto someone else's order?

That's my thought also. Plus if they are eligble for a free gift they wouldn't get it if you place it on another order that is eligble for a free gift.

Just a thought here also. My aunt used to have a consultant who would combine orders to get the free gift. This did two things... People were still paying for the shipping (was she taking it?) and left a product for who ever to fight over. I think it's a little decieving to promote your business like this.

i have found if you tell them the Cost of a DCB with tax and shipping versus the SET with FREE shipping those who were going to buy the DCB alone will go with the set. I have turned every DCB sale into a set.

cheflorraine said:
Do any Canadians offer a DCB set? Our prices are different, and I haven't figured out how to come up with a nice number...

I have been toying with the idea and finally figured something out to do in Canada while still keeping it a $99 sale. (I took out free shipping, but gave an offer of either the oven mitt or the thermometer & one rub. It makes it either $99.75 or $103.25 depending on which the customer picks.) I am attaching the flyer I made. I haven't tried it yet, but am planning on bringing it to my show tonight. I have a couple other ideas, but not the time to play with them right now. Let me know if you find this useful. Jen

Attachments

• DCB setJen3.doc
    634 KB · Views: 542
I usually will make a new "set" for each recipe that I'm offering....so far it's worked pretty well for me.

Any new bundle ideas? I have been using the DCB bundle with success, thought I would offer something new coming up...

I was talking about this with a fellow consultant out here who said, "are customers really taking advantage of this set since they are only saving a few dollars?"

Those of you who have used these, are they really effective? Somewhere I thought that I saw someone post not to do free shipping. Any thoughts? Maybe do a package that's about $5 over the actual cost and they still pay shipping/tax?

I've given away a free rub with the purchase of a DCB and that has been pretty successful.

Last edited:
Every time I've made the Lava Cake in the Micro inside the DCB I have sold at least one and thats without a special or anything. But have been debating this ideas (without free shipping) just to get higher sales.

Jillmami said:
... Somewhere I thought that I saw someone post not to do free shipping. Any thoughts? Maybe do a package that's about $5 over the actual cost and they still pay shipping/tax?

I've given away a free rub with the purchase of a DCB and that has been pretty successful.

The reason for not suggesting free shipping is purely a numbers game.

For example: you offer Free Shipping on an order of $25.00 or more.
The guest pays $25.00 and tax, you are paying $4.25 for the shipping.
You have earned commission on $25.00 and now have 25 points.

Now that same $25.00 order with a free $5.00 product.
The guest pays $25.00 and shipping and tax. You pay $5.00 for the product. You now recieve commission on $30.00 and have 30 points.

In the end it all works out about the same as far as money but you earn more by not paying for the shipping.

Ok, that's what I was thinking wcsis. Thanks for the explanation!

I could see doing a package for around $105 and charge $99 might get some takers.

If I do this I wouldn't do the free shipping though. But I might give it a shot at my next party.

I don't understand why so many people are overthinking the DCB package set. Just present it your shows. If gets takers great! If it doesn't get takers oh well, but by not offering it you already know what the outcome will be, right?

Just wondering if anyone has new flyers? I am going to start using this at my shows and would love to see some with the new book. I am also thinking about creating one with some of our grilling products. Thanks so much!!! This site is sooo helpful. If I do come up with a flyer I will post on here~

bumping cause I'm curious as well

I don't remember WHERE I got this flyer, or WHO made it...so I'm sorry to not be able to give credit where it's due...but I can't find it in the files on here, so I'm guessing from a cluster email somewhere along the way! But this is the one I have right now and really like how it looks.

Attachments

• DCB-DINT set.doc
    74 KB · Views: 544
Thanks!! I like that one too!

eflage said:
I have two different DCB Bundles that I created for the new Fall products, one features the Pocket Thermometer and the other has the Round Up from the Heart Trivet.

Hope these help!

Do you have a current flyer for each of these? They are awesome - I have been using these and am getting so many sales from this - can you update it with the new Season's Best - I only have Adobe Reader and cannot change the picture that is on there. Thanks for any help and keep making these awesome flyers.

Got this special from my Director. She seems to sell a ton of DCB's and only does DCB shows now.

$99 Dinner Extravaganza

DCB
Salad Choppers
Their choice of rub
SBCB

Then if it's a live show, I give them free tax & shipping. If it's on my website, I throw in the Garlic Peeler. Plus I send them 50 recipes for the DCB as a bonus. I've sold two so far and I'm still in my first 90 days.

Thanks!

Adrian

We are doing our first show Saturday. We are making Fajitas so we put together these three bundles. (all three are in one file)

Attachments

• DCB 99 Special Chicken Fajita Bundle.doc
    579.5 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
This is a flyer I made up based on the set my recuiter uses:

Microwave Cooking Set

Attachments

• DCB Rice Cooker Combo.pub
    100 KB · Views: 384
I am in the process of taking the dcb cookbooks on here and cleaning them up and combining them, I noticed you have one you mention in your flier. Anyway to get a look at that one and the rice cooker?

Christy, i don't have publisher can you do in word?
Thank you

the 2 recipe books i send out i got from this site, just searched rice cooker recipes and dcb recipes let me see if i can save in word

I'd like the flyer one too.

it wouldn't let me save in word, but i have it in jpg, so you can see, but won't be able to change info :(

Attachments

• dcb rice cooker combo.jpg
    dcb rice cooker combo.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 544
This isn't a DCB set but i made a $99 set for my party tomorrow to showcase the grilling items for this summer.

Attachments

• The Ulitmate Grill Set.doc
    63 KB · Views: 470
<h2>1. What is included in the $99 DCB set?</h2><p>The $99 DCB set includes your choice of a white or cranberry glazed deep covered baker, 2 rubs, a new digital pocket thermometer, and the Weekday Dinners Done! recipe collection. Plus, you'll get free shipping!</p><h2>2. Can I choose a different color for the deep covered baker?</h2><p>Yes, you can choose either white or cranberry glazed for your deep covered baker in the $99 set.</p><h2>3. How many rubs can I choose?</h2><p>The $99 set includes 2 rubs of your choice.</p><h2>4. Is the digital pocket thermometer a new product?</h2><p>Yes, the digital pocket thermometer is a new product that is included in the $99 set.</p><h2>5. Do you offer free shipping for the $99 DCB set?</h2><p>Yes, free shipping is included in the $99 set for your convenience.</p>

1. What is included in the $99 DCB set?

The $99 DCB set includes your choice of a white or cranberry glazed deep covered baker, 2 rubs, a new digital pocket thermometer, and the Weekday Dinners Done! recipe collection. Plus, you'll get free shipping!

2. Can I choose a different color for the deep covered baker?

Yes, you can choose either white or cranberry glazed for your deep covered baker in the $99 set.

3. How many rubs can I choose?

The $99 set includes 2 rubs of your choice.

4. Is the digital pocket thermometer a new product?

Yes, the digital pocket thermometer is a new product that is included in the $99 set.

5. Do you offer free shipping for the $99 DCB set?

Yes, free shipping is included in the $99 set for your convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • cheflorraine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie