• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your $99 DCB Set with Free Shipping and Recipes!

In summary, Kara is sharing her idea for a $99 DCB set that includes a digital pocket thermometer, rubs, recipes, and flyers. She is also offering free shipping to new customers.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I thought it would be really cool if we all posted what we're including in our $99 DCB set, along with flyers (if you have them!) I might consider offering multiple sets or changing them up every so often, plus this would be great for newbies too!

So, here is mine:

- White or Cranberry glazed DCB
- Choice of 2 Rubs
- New Digital Pocket Thermometer
- Weekday Dinners Done! recipe collection
- Free shipping

Flier attached! Enjoy!

So excited to see everyone else's! :D

Attachments

• DCB set.doc
    72 KB · Views: 1,091
Thanks looks great...will be offering this weekend!!!

Come on guys, I know many more of you are offering these! Share share!! I would love to see your ideas!

This is a fabulous flyer Kara! I need to start stressing this idea at my parties....I don't offer this...I usually just mention that the DCB+Salad Choppers is a true Dinnertime in No Time Must Have. I tell them that they both will help them fly through salads, entrees and desserts. I add that they will enable their kids and hubby's to help get the prep or meal going.

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing. I think I'll use this at my Thursday show! THANKS!

I am being lazy so forgive me please... how much does the customer save with this set? Also, do all of you offer the free shipping with your sets?

what a great idea! it made me think of another one too, like a "super easy single serving set" with like the mini baker, etc. I'm a single mom and the mini baker is just big enough... oooh, ideas are going, i'll post when i'm done!

quiverfull7 said:
I am being lazy so forgive me please... how much does the customer save with this set? Also, do all of you offer the free shipping with your sets?

I believe it's a total of $5.25 savings with the free shipping. I'm not really telling them that it's so much off... just marketing that it's $99 plus free shipping, so they're saving! :D

wait....how can you offer free shipping to people...or offer sets...newbie :)

mmoran4pc said:
wait....how can you offer free shipping to people...or offer sets...newbie :)

You can offer any type of discounts you want, when you enter the order in P3 and enter the payment you enter the "free" or "discounted" amount as a consultant gift. So I will be entering $5.25 for each of these sets as consultant gift. Keep in mind any discounts or freebies on orders come out of your pocket :)

Ok, thanks! How long have you been doing the sets and how are the sales going?

I will be offering it for the first time at a cooking show next Sat, so I'll let you know! There are plenty of other threads about others who have been offering different DCB sets for quite a while and having success with it- you may find some links at the bottom of this thread :)

Thanks! I've been watching those too. I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.

So, I stole your flier and made a new one for the mini-baker too, so there's a $55 set (I only did half price shipping, since it's a smaller set, total savings about $5) in addition to your DCB set. I'm a temporary single mom (husband is overseas) so I use my mini-baker A TON for just me and my 4 year old, so I figured it's a good alternative!

Attachments

• SingleServe_mini baker set.doc
    231 KB · Views: 783
Do any Canadians offer a DCB set? Our prices are different, and I haven't figured out how to come up with a nice number...

I have two different DCB Bundles that I created for the new Fall products, one features the Pocket Thermometer and the other has the Round Up from the Heart Trivet.

Hope these help!

Attachments

• $99 DCB Bundle 1.pdf
    411 KB · Views: 969
  • $99 DCB Bundle 2.pdf
    347.8 KB · Views: 891
These are absolutely great! Thanks for sharing!

I like these ideas. I think I am going to try it.

KaiKendall said:
So, I stole your flier and made a new one for the mini-baker too, so there's a $55 set (I only did half price shipping, since it's a smaller set, total savings about $5) in addition to your DCB set. I'm a temporary single mom (husband is overseas) so I use my mini-baker A TON for just me and my 4 year old, so I figured it's a good alternative!

This is a great idea! :thumbup:
but you need to add something to make it retail $60. Then add "PC Gift of the Month" to your flyer. In October, it will be the Bar Board.

Okay so I am confused...is this something PC is doing or you decided to offer?

It's something that you as a consultant can just create. Put the discount in as a "consultant gift" to bring it to the price point you listed. I like the RUFTH trivit as part of the set, and that's a good note about the $60 purchase. Maybe for next month I'll try a different set with a $60 price point! thanks!

kdangel518 said:
I will be offering it for the first time at a cooking show next Sat, so I'll let you know! There are plenty of other threads about others who have been offering different DCB sets for quite a while and having success with it- you may find some links at the bottom of this thread :)

Did you have your show yet? Curious how it went over. I have a show on 10/3 that I'm thinking of offering this on. Let us know! THANKS!

KaiKendall said:

Wow, this is a great idea, too! I have a lot of retirees at my shows who tell me they are only cooking for themselves and their hubby, so they don't like to make big huge meals anymore. This is a great option for them, too! THANKS!

Thanks for sharing. Let us know how your sales are!

kdangel518 said:
I thought it would be really cool if we all posted what we're including in our $99 DCB set, along with flyers (if you have them!) I might consider offering multiple sets or changing them up every so often, plus this would be great for newbies too!

So, here is mine:

- White or Cranberry glazed DCB
- Choice of 2 Rubs
- New Digital Pocket Thermometer
- Weekday Dinners Done! recipe collection
- Free shipping

Flier attached! Enjoy!

So excited to see everyone else's! :D

Well, I offered this deal at Saturday's show and didn't get any interest...but was not giving up. Saturday's crowd was simply not into stoneware AT ALL. I did it again at last night's show - sold 2 "sets" and one DCB not with the set...and the host is getting a DCB, too! THANK YOU for sharing this idea!!!!

blueberrylady said:
This is a great idea! :thumbup:
but you need to add something to make it retail $60. Then add "PC Gift of the Month" to your flyer. In October, it will be the Bar Board.

You could offer it with just 1 rub..and then add the Mini Measure-All Cup. That would make it $60.25. I would probably just do it for $60. I would cover the shipping. That would be perfect for the months that there is a free gift with a $60 purchase.

OK..Here is an idea for a set...A Kitchen Start Up Set

Small Batter Bowl
Mini Measure all Cup
Adjustable Measureing Spoons
Quikut Paring Knife
Small Mix 'N Scraper
Nylon Tool Set--Basic Set
Oven Pad
Season's Best

You could sell it for $80.

I know that there are a lot more things needed to start up a kitchen but that is a good start. Plus..if they buy that in October, they will also get the free bar board.

Sorry..I am at work..didn't really have time to try to create a flyer..plus..I am not nearly as good at that as some of you. But I love the idea.

I steal so much from you guys - here is a flyer for the small set for $60 in October that I made up. Includes:
  • Mini Baker ($24)
  • Classic Batter Bowl ($15)
  • Choice of 2 rubs ($8)
  • Color Coated Santoku Knife ($17.50)
  • FREE Bar board ($9.50)
I'm not offering free shipping with this one. This is a $75.00 value for $60.00 plus shipping valid in October only. I'm going to try to rustle up a couple of recipes to offer with it in addition to cooking boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the microwave with one of the rubs.​

Attachments

• Dinner in No Time $60 Mini Set Oct 2009.doc
    265.5 KB · Views: 591
Here are 3 different flyers very similar to the ones posted in this thread that I'm using...
It allows for different price ranges too...

Attachments

• Simply Single Bundle.pdf
    645.3 KB · Views: 595
  • DCB special set-no name.pdf
    192.7 KB · Views: 594
  • DCB bundle flyer.pdf
    239.1 KB · Views: 664
I love this idea! I have a show coming up and I am going to give it a try!

Okay, leaving in 10 minutes for a show, I really need to jumpstart biz again or I am sunk! I am offering the set today from the original poster, will let you all know how it turns out! I signed a new recruit and did her first show yesterday, I want to stay in and see my biz build!

Well, no takers, but everyone wants a Deep Covered Baker!!! Sold one outright!

The set I offered this weekend (one set sold, and one DCB bought separately):

DCB
Salad Choppers
1 Rub of their choice (I pay for anything over $4.00)
SBRC
plus 1 Free Rub OR Free Weekday Dinners Done! set (she took the Dinners Done).

The woman at the second party who bought the DCB separately did so because a friend booked an October show, so she decided to split what she wanted between the two shows. Ok with me - she still spent $100 last night!

I sell a few DCBs, probably because I absolutely love it myself, and rave about it at parties.

I have a lot of baking friends, and for October, I decided to do a PIE Set! Have two shows scheduled for October already, so we'll see how this goes to prep for holiday season!

Attachments

• UltimatePieSet.doc
    213.5 KB · Views: 523
these are genius! you guys are too creative! i would've never thought of an idea like this! have a few shows this month and I'm gonna try them out!

I took everyone's ideas on here, from the Pampered Packages and made a flyer with just a few to offer and see how it goes...along with these I'll be offering the DCB set and Single Serving Set. Already had one sale on the DCB set and that was just taking it off the printer at work!!! :)
Thanks everyone for your great ideas and creativity!

Attachments

• Pampered pACKAGES.pub
    1.2 MB · Views: 545
KaiKendall said:
I have a lot of baking friends, and for October, I decided to do a PIE Set! Have two shows scheduled for October already, so we'll see how this goes to prep for holiday season!

Kylene, that's great. If you can fit it in, you might want to mention the other pie tools, like the Pie Guard, the Pastry Cutter, Pastry Blender, and the Pastry Mat. Just a thought.

JennLizFran said:
I took everyone's ideas on here, from the Pampered Packages and made a flyer with just a few to offer and see how it goes...along with these I'll be offering the DCB set and Single Serving Set. Already had one sale on the DCB set and that was just taking it off the printer at work!!! :)

Is there another program you can open this with? I don't have Publisher and I'd love to see this! Thanks!

pampchefsarah said:
Kylene, that's great. If you can fit it in, you might want to mention the other pie tools, like the Pie Guard, the Pastry Cutter, Pastry Blender, and the Pastry Mat. Just a thought.

That's what I was thinking too! Include a few in the set, then mention the rest :)

chef-kina said:
Is there another program you can open this with? I don't have Publisher and I'd love to see this! Thanks!

I changed the info to mine and saved it as a PDF (I used the free trial of publisher, lol) so you would just have to put a sticker or lable over the info

Attachments

• PamperedPackages.pdf
    623.1 KB · Views: 635
It works! It really, really works!

I tried it for the first time last night. I used one of the flyers that was posted here that included the DCB, the oven mitt, RUFTH trivet, a rub, and a free seasons' best, with free shipping. I mentioned it during last night's show, but alot of time the guests don't pay attention. A guest ordered the DCB, and I asked her at checkout, "did you see the special DCB package?" and showed her the flyer. She said, "Hmmmm. OK!"

And by using this package, I got one more trivet sold!

KaiKendall said:
I changed the info to mine and saved it as a PDF (I used the free trial of publisher, lol) so you would just have to put a sticker or lable over the info

Thank you!!!

Just thought of another thing you could do with the dcb bundle - a monthly email with a new recipe. PC keeps coming up with new recipes and you could do an email each month "here's your january recipe for your deep covered baker . . . "

I love this too! My question is: Do you charge them tax on just the $99 or of the actual retail value? For instance, in CT tax on $99 would be $5.94. Now, one of the many sets I saw totaled $100.50 and tax on that would be $6.03. So, would it be $99 + $5.94 OR $99 + $6.03?

I am waiting not so patiently to get my PC dollars so I can by the DCB...because I want to use it at my shows! I LOVE these package ideas. I think I am going to print off a selection of all the ones you beautiful people have posted. And then have them printed on cardstock and put into a little bound booklet that I can pass around at shows to see show off a variety of package choices...

I'm trying this at my show tomorrow, I haven't had a cooking show since the thread started so I'm so excited! I put this and the ultimate pie set in a plastic page protector and put it in the prongs of each of my folders. We'll see. I also just got my FREE stoneware on my doorstep today! Now I am packing my FREE rolling tote with my FREE stoneware, and other FREE things from PC dollars, lol (i'm so excited it was FREE). I hope I don't bring TOO much!

I am assuming you have the customer pay the tax?

I have the customer pay the tax on the FULL value- my set is valued at $100, so only $1 savings. That's $0.06 in MA they're paying extra if they were expecting to pay tax on $99. MA doesn't tax on shipping.

Thanks for the flyers & motivation, I can't wait to see upcoming results...

JennLizFran said:

I love this, especially as a "Jump Start Your Holiday Shopping" flyer.

To anyone who is using this have you had any success yet with the flyer?

Without doing the math individually, what is the average savings on each "set"?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • cheflorraine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie