• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Aha! Moments and Ideas from the National Conference

In summary, National Conference provides a space for participants to share aha! moments, and offers new products and services that can benefit participants and their teams.
raebates
Staff member
I love National Conference because I always come home with new ideas, new ways of doing things. I thought it would be good to provide a place for us to share those aha! moments.They don't have to be earth-shattering. Sometimes the smallest tweak can make a big difference.This is also a good place to share the things that you're looking for answers to.

Great idea Rae! Those of us that can't go to conference would love anything you can share from workshops to the new products to general sessions.

I'll share when I can. Is there something in particular you're hoping to hear about besides the new products?

New logo info, any policy or website changes. Thanks a bunch Rae!

I'll be on the lookout for those in particular.

First stop for me after registration was the tech area. Two big aha things for me, both in relation to the app.First, you can set it so you don't have to go through a bajillion questions at checkout. Click on settings and choose "express checkout." This will let you put in just name, email, what they want, and payment info.Second, as people arrive at a show have them enter their own information (name, address, email, cell phone) in the app. You can even recruit a kid to have people do this. Just show the kid how to click "done" and "add guest" between people.

At the training with Robin Schilling, Tracy Verin had a great point. If you want your team to take ownership and participate in the team, don't name it with your own name or use "my." Use an action verb for the name. Think about what you want the team to do when choosing a name--Daring Divas, The Hustle, etc. Also, never offer anything if you aren't willing to do it.

Warren Buffet came ans sooke to the directors. He also sang happy birthday to Doris at the general conference.

I'm not at conference (inactive at the moment and in my 6 months before I have to buy a new kit) If my life calms down and I get a new job, I'd come back in a heartbeat. I'm in enough PC groups that I still get the updates. Here are the new logos. For me, I need to get used to them. I love the "old" one.
FB_IMG_1437087255967.jpg
FB_IMG_1437087246511.jpg

raebates said:
As of next week, order replacement parts on shows! That means it counts toward gueat and commissionable sales!
Wow, that is HUGE. So glad to see that new feature!

As of next week? As in July? I have a show on July 26, great news!Sounds like no new products were introduced ...

lt1jane said:
I'm not at conference (inactive at the moment and in my 6 months before I have to buy a new kit) If my life calms down and I get a new job, I'd come back in a heartbeat.I'm in enough PC groups that I still get the updates. Here are the new logos. For me, I need to get used to them. I love the "old" one.View attachment 25942 View attachment 25943
I don't mind the second one (with Pampered Chef written out). When I opened this thread and just the image caught my eye before reading your post, I thought "what is PIC"? I really thought the spoon was representing a letter. And it was not immediately clear to me that it was a spoon. Of course it IS a spoon once I know it is a spoon. So, I don't think I like the first logo - with just the letters and the spoon. Just my 2 cents. :)

I (and at least 99% of the people in the room) was thrilled to hear about replacement parts on the show orders. But for the record, I did not need them to count towards the Host's totals and I especially did not need to make money off of them. Thanks for the perks.

The new logo is JUST like allrecipes - both of them. While I like the concept and where they are trying to go with it, I am NOT happy about that. Won't allrecipes come after PC?http://press.allrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/arlogo_rgb.png
228828.jpg

Hmmm. Interesting, Tristen. I would hope that the legal department as well as the appropriate marketing department would have done their homework. I really like the new one and the story behind it, but not the fact that it is practically a duplicate of another company.

Were any new products introduced and when do we find out? Will the new cross-over kits mail soon?

MissyPC said:
Were any new products introduced and when do we find out? Will the new cross-over kits mail soon?
I believe the new products are being announced today. Change over kit information was in the 6/30/2015 PC Fresh News. "Fall paperwork and product will ship to Directors and above to arrive the week of July 20. We'll ship fall paperwork packages to Consultants who've submitted $150+ in the month of May, June or July to arrive the week of Aug. 3. June Free-for-All products, if earned, will arrive at the same time. July Free-for-All products will arrive the week of Aug. 10.Consultants who join Aug. 1 or later will receive New Consultant Kits with fall 2015 paperwork.
Consultants who join Aug. 1-28 will also receive a supply of the spring/summer 2015 catalogs and paperwork for their August Shows.Business Supplies and Online Materials
Aug. 2 is the last day to order spring 2015 business materials and product samples.
Aug. 3 is the first day to order fall 2015 business materials and product samples.
Updated materials for the fall/winter season will be posted on Consultant's Corner by noon CT on Aug. 3."

jcsmilez said:
The new logo is JUST like allrecipes - both of them. While I like the concept and where they are trying to go with it, I am NOT happy about that. Won't allrecipes come after PC?http://press.allrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/arlogo_rgb.png
228828.jpg
The new logo is not exactly like allrecipes. Ours has a smile in the spoon bowl.

Found this on Facebook Consultants who submitted $750 in June receive:
  • Holiday Cheer Scraper
  • Shallow Micro-Cooker
Consultants who submitted $1,500 in June receive all $750 level products plus:
  • Bamboo Spreader Set
  • Garlic Rub
  • Measure, Mix, Pour
  • Medium Cover & Store Lid
  • Pasta Portioner
  • Round Up From the Heart Share Bowl
  • Veggie Strip Maker
Consultants who submitted $3,000 in June receive all $1500 level products plus:
  • Eat, Drink, & Be Merry Cheese Board
  • Holiday Cookie Card Collection
  • Keep it Hot Large Cookware Sweater
  • Mini Spoon & Tongs Set
  • Multi-Blade Sharpener
  • Petite Measure-All Cup
  • Santa's Little Helper Scraper
Consultants who submitted $6,000 in June receive all $3,000 level products plus:
  • Executive Nonstick All-Purpose Pot
  • Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
  • Keep It Hot Carrier
  • Large Square Cool & Serve
Consultants who submit $750 in July receive:
  • Personal Size Round Stone
  • Pizza & Crust Cutter
Consultants who submit $1,500 in July receive all $750 level products plus:
  • Everyday Tote Set
  • Keep it Hot Small Cookware Sweater
  • Large Cover & Store Lid
  • Portion Guide Prep Mat
  • Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
  • Small Square Cool & Serve

thats awesome! And the Director Kit is all of that :)
jjaastef said:
Found this on FacebookConsultants who submitted $750 in June receive:
  • Holiday Cheer Scraper
  • Shallow Micro-Cooker
  • Bamboo Spreader Set
  • Garlic Rub
  • Measure, Mix, Pour
  • Pasta Portioner
  • Veggie Strip Maker
  • Mini Spoon & Tongs Set
  • Multi-Blade Sharpener
  • Petite Measure-All Cup
Consultants who submitted $6,000 in June receive all $3,000 level products plus:
  • Keep It Hot Carrier
  • Pizza & Crust Cutter
  • Everyday Tote Set
  • Portion Guide Prep Mat

I'm in the FB group, EVernote for PC Rockstars. They just posted this link. They had a class at conference (that I'm sure was AWESOME). Here are the tools and notes from it. Evernote is an incredible, paperless way to keep your business organized and keep in contact with your customers. Check it out!https://www.evernote.com/shard/s643/sh/010d3f07-f7a7-4f21-b4cb-00b3fb2e939c/5648f538f5d30cc1

jcsmilez,
Do you have more photos from the catalog you can share? Also, what is the price on the new pot?

YES, more photos please!

Sorry, those were all that was shared on the group that I'm a part of. I'm anxiously waiting too! :D

Any pictures of new products?

kam said:
I don't mind the second one (with Pampered Chef written out). When I opened this thread and just the image caught my eye before reading your post, I thought "what is PIC"? I really thought the spoon was representing a letter. And it was not immediately clear to me that it was a spoon. Of course it IS a spoon once I know it is a spoon. So, I don't think I like the first logo - with just the letters and the spoon. Just my 2 cents. :)
I think it will take some getting used to. There is a short video that explains the happy spoon well. If I can find it, I will try to post it.

jcsmilez said:
228828.jpg
There is the smile on our spoon, so maybe the #happyspoon makes enough of a difference...hopefully!

MissyPC said:
What is a cross over kit? Newbie!

That is SO cool! Thanks for sharing Juliann! Has a picture index like that always been available?

That is so awesome!!!! I saw there are products that say see me online! is that something new this season??

Any info on discontinued things?

Im going to take the catalog index and a current catalog and see whats going, thats is usually online when they put F/W material up

Yes can you list the discontinued products plz.

I'm heading to a show! There's about 10-15

If this is all of the new products, then I am sad to say that I am once again disappointed. The personal sized pizza stone and all purpose pot will be nice, but I really had hoped they would bring back some discontinued items that I and customers really liked and add a few different new ones. I had hoped for the following: 12" executive sauté pan; open-stock on all of the cookware (I get several requests for the 1.5q pot/sauce pan); the cherry pitter; the oval baker; a redesigned French-fry cutter that could handle sweet potatoes; simple additions items returned (especially things like the tiered server); carry cases for casseroles and pies (without a lid - my customers are worried the covered carriers will ruin the food); dots glasses and stemware; flexible grill basket; a silicon whisk that is the same density as the stainless whisk; the mini tart and pie pans... and many more I can't think of right off the top of my head! The veggie strip maker is perhaps what I am most disappointed about - this is something I really wanted to see, but I wanted it more in the style of a veggetti. The one they are releasing looks dangerous in terms of cutting fingers, and won't make strips long enough for spaghetti-style veggies.Oh, and I'm really over all of the holiday scrapers. I was so excited when I first became a consultant back in spring of 2012 - that was a fabulous release; but it really has been all down hill since then, and so many great products have been discontinued. I really don't like the direction that things have gone in and was hoping this release might turn things around. Guess I'll have to keep hoping for next time.
jjaastef said:
Found this on FacebookConsultants who submitted $750 in June receive:
  • Holiday Cheer Scraper
  • Shallow Micro-Cooker
  • Bamboo Spreader Set
  • Garlic Rub
  • Measure, Mix, Pour
  • Pasta Portioner
  • Veggie Strip Maker
  • Mini Spoon & Tongs Set
  • Multi-Blade Sharpener
  • Petite Measure-All Cup
  • Keep It Hot Carrier
  • Pizza & Crust Cutter
  • Everyday Tote Set
  • Portion Guide Prep Mat

I didn't know about the picture index either. Thank you so much for telling us about that, Juliann!Shari in TX

Comparing the current catalog to the fall/winter catalog index on consultants corner - it looks like the following items are being discontinued (please correct me if I wrong on any of these!):Deep dish pie plate (stoneware)
12-cup Muffin pan (stoneware)
double wall tumbler
lunch totes, insulated beverage cooler, and picnic baskets (although I think these went on stop sell quite a while ago)
BBQ veggie rack
BBQ flexible turner
5" and 7" strainers
rock crock dinner set (contents have changed)
pizza cutter (redesigned to include a crust cutter part)
v-shaped cutter
grapefruit knife
measure mix and pour (looks the same but the number is different so I think its been redesigned)
fun and fab scraper collection
decorator bottle set
cookie sheet with free nylon scraper set (both are still offered separately)
microfiber towel
citrus & basil rub
citrus ginger rub
All the Best cookbook
Easy and Impressive Appetizers cookbookAlso looks like there are changes to the catalog numbers on most of the cool and serve items, so its hard to tell which have been discontinued vs restyled. It looks like the green tongs and insert are gone, but perhaps they have been just restyled to clear tongs and a white insert.I might have missed some, and there might be a few others that have been redesigned or sets that have changed slightly. Hope this helps until the official list is released!

Wow - thanks for the work on the discontinued things!

Did they say anything about using the old logo...timing, etc? I imagine there are many that have stamps,labels etc using the old logo. Is everyone still able to use them for awhile?

Now that everyone is home and resting, I have a question for those who attended....from what I understand it was quite a hike from one venue to the auditorium setting. Was there any sort of transportation assistance for those with disabilities? I really need to know this since the same location is being used next year. I was unable to attend this year for financial reasons but am planning to attend next year....however , I am orthopedicly challenged and have mobility issues. Please offer your thoughts before I get a psyched for next year and then cannot travel to all the sessions. TIA

the cool and serves are a re-design so new item numbers! and my list on the same on the discontinued as yours!!There is a Q&A about the brand change on CC Ill upload the PDF! Quickly tho Yes can use the "Classic Logo" and As Product inventories run out, they will change logos, and packaging!

Attachments

• mkt1266-072015us-brandFAQs.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,242

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
2 3
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings