1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Share What You've Learned

1. rockstarchef23

rockstarchef23 Novice Member Gold Member

I'm heading to a show! There's about 10-15

2. If this is all of the new products, then I am sad to say that I am once again disappointed. The personal sized pizza stone and all purpose pot will be nice, but I really had hoped they would bring back some discontinued items that I and customers really liked and add a few different new ones. I had hoped for the following: 12" executive sauté pan; open-stock on all of the cookware (I get several requests for the 1.5q pot/sauce pan); the cherry pitter; the oval baker; a redesigned French-fry cutter that could handle sweet potatoes; simple additions items returned (especially things like the tiered server); carry cases for casseroles and pies (without a lid - my customers are worried the covered carriers will ruin the food); dots glasses and stemware; flexible grill basket; a silicon whisk that is the same density as the stainless whisk; the mini tart and pie pans... and many more I can't think of right off the top of my head!

The veggie strip maker is perhaps what I am most disappointed about - this is something I really wanted to see, but I wanted it more in the style of a veggetti. The one they are releasing looks dangerous in terms of cutting fingers, and won't make strips long enough for spaghetti-style veggies.

Oh, and I'm really over all of the holiday scrapers.

I was so excited when I first became a consultant back in spring of 2012 - that was a fabulous release; but it really has been all down hill since then, and so many great products have been discontinued. I really don't like the direction that things have gone in and was hoping this release might turn things around. Guess I'll have to keep hoping for next time.

Jul 19, 2015
  3. Shari in TX

Shari in TX Member Gold Member

I didn't know about the picture index either. Thank you so much for telling us about that, Juliann!

Shari in TX

Jul 19, 2015
  4. Comparing the current catalog to the fall/winter catalog index on consultants corner - it looks like the following items are being discontinued (please correct me if I wrong on any of these!):

Deep dish pie plate (stoneware)
    12-cup Muffin pan (stoneware)
    double wall tumbler
    lunch totes, insulated beverage cooler, and picnic baskets (although I think these went on stop sell quite a while ago)
    BBQ veggie rack
    BBQ flexible turner
    5" and 7" strainers
    rock crock dinner set (contents have changed)
    pizza cutter (redesigned to include a crust cutter part)
    v-shaped cutter
    grapefruit knife
    measure mix and pour (looks the same but the number is different so I think its been redesigned)
    fun and fab scraper collection
    decorator bottle set
    cookie sheet with free nylon scraper set (both are still offered separately)
    microfiber towel
    citrus & basil rub
    citrus ginger rub
    All the Best cookbook
    Easy and Impressive Appetizers cookbook

Also looks like there are changes to the catalog numbers on most of the cool and serve items, so its hard to tell which have been discontinued vs restyled. It looks like the green tongs and insert are gone, but perhaps they have been just restyled to clear tongs and a white insert.

I might have missed some, and there might be a few others that have been redesigned or sets that have changed slightly.

Hope this helps until the official list is released!

Jul 19, 2015
  5. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

Wow - thanks for the work on the discontinued things!

Jul 19, 2015
  6. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Did they say anything about using the old logo...timing, etc? I imagine there are many that have stamps,labels etc using the old logo. Is everyone still able to use them for awhile?

Jul 19, 2015
  7. otisbg

otisbg Advanced Member Gold Member

Now that everyone is home and resting, I have a question for those who attended....from what I understand it was quite a hike from one venue to the auditorium setting. Was there any sort of transportation assistance for those with disabilities? I really need to know this since the same location is being used next year. I was unable to attend this year for financial reasons but am planning to attend next year....however , I am orthopedicly challenged and have mobility issues. Please offer your thoughts before I get a psyched for next year and then cannot travel to all the sessions. TIA

Jul 19, 2015
  8. rockstarchef23

rockstarchef23 Novice Member Gold Member

the cool and serves are a re-design so new item numbers! and my list on the same on the discontinued as yours!!

There is a Q&A about the brand change on CC Ill upload the PDF! Quickly tho Yes can use the "Classic Logo" and As Product inventories run out, they will change logos, and packaging!

Attached Files:

9. higoobs

higoobs Member Gold Member

10. higoobs

11. higoobs

image.jpg

Jul 19, 2015
  12. higoobs

image.jpg

Jul 19, 2015
  13. higoobs

image.jpg

Jul 19, 2015
  14. higoobs

image.jpg

Jul 19, 2015
  15. higoobs

image.jpg

Jul 19, 2015
  16. higoobs

image.jpg

Jul 19, 2015
  17. higoobs

Let me know if I forgot any new products from the free for all list

Jul 19, 2015
    Admin Greg likes this.
  18. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks for posting! I don't understand the veggie strip maker. Why wouldn't I just use my course cheese grater? Also, if someone is buying the simple slicer and this, might as well go for the mandoline instead. What are the medium and large lids for?

Jul 19, 2015
  19. Michelle Hebert-Voudren

Michelle Hebert-Voudren Novice Member

20. higoobs

I think brownie pan and maybe square stoneware? Not really sure

Jul 20, 2015
  21. otisbg

otisbg Advanced Member Gold Member

Bumping

Jul 20, 2015
  22. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yes. They're still working on that. It won't be any time soon.

Jul 20, 2015
  23. raebates

I like the new logo. It's clean and simple. And, while it's similar to All Recipes, I don't think we're in danger of people confusing the two companies.

Jul 20, 2015
  24. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Rae, can you share info about how that Blade sharpener thing works? Also, what were they having in mind as being used in the new shallow microcooker? And what did they do to the Measure Mix and Pour in the update of it? Do you know what is in the new Gluten Free multi-purpose blend?

Jul 20, 2015
  25. Chozengirl

Chozengirl Advanced Member Gold Member

The one thing that sold me in it is it is SO much safer than the course cheese grater. That thing is SHARP! The other thing is it goes both ways.
    I'm just disappointed that they didn't think this through more. I would have liked to have seen one that makes it longer like others on the market. But the Spiral Slice can take care of that also.

Jul 20, 2015
  26. ChefDi

ChefDi Novice Member Gold Member

I tried to search to join that, but it must be a "secret" group... How do you join? I'm Diana Cover Porter on Facebook.

Thanks!

Di

Jul 20, 2015
  27. raebates

Just remember that it is not recommended for cheese.

Jul 21, 2015
  28. raebates

I love the look of the new catalog. It's more like a magazine. The photos are excellent--really showing off the products.

Though, I don't see the mission statement. Anyone find it?

Jul 21, 2015
  29. ChefDi

ChefDi Novice Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2015
  30. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

Sorry, I've been away and didn't realize it was a secret group. You have to be added by a FB friend that is already in the group. You can friend request me and send me a message and I'll add you. https://www.facebook.com/tristholden

Jul 31, 2015
  31. Lilamyw3

Lilamyw3 Member Gold Member

I have someone wanting to sign up as a consultant (yay!!).. Can someone share what the new kits look like?

Aug 2, 2015
  32. Does anyone know when we can begin ordering from the bundles in the 2015 Holiday Helper flyer? The product codes don't seem to be active yet.

Sep 21, 2015
  33. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Often it's October 1st. PC will let us know when.

Sep 22, 2015
Have something to add?