• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shaping Tacos: Ring vs Braid - What Tastes Best?

In summary, shaping tacos with a ring involves placing the taco filling in a circular shape within a ring mold, while shaping tacos with a braid involves weaving the tortilla around the filling in a braided pattern. Both methods result in delicious and visually appealing tacos, with the choice between them being a matter of personal preference. Shaping tacos with a ring is generally considered easier and quicker to assemble, and there is no difference in cooking time or temperature between the two methods. Any type of tortilla can be used for shaping tacos, though flour tortillas may be easier to work with than corn tortillas.
dns2202
Can you make the taco "ring" in another shape? Like the braid? Does it still taste good? If not, what taste good as the braid?

I'm making dinner for some friends tonight and I want to make 1 ring and 1 braid. Thanks!

It's the same ingred. taste is the same

Yes...many times I will do a braid so I can show the LBP instead of the round stone (more $$ item, plus I think the LBP is a more "versitile" stone...it's my favorite!)

Ditto, any filling can go into any shape. Just a reminder that the rings tend to cook quicker than braids. Be sure to check the braid dough before taking out of the oven to make sure it isn't still a doughy mess before serving (been there, done that!).

You can make any filling into any shape.

What is the difference between shaping tacos with a ring and braid?

Shaping tacos with a ring involves placing the taco filling in a circular shape within a ring mold, while shaping tacos with a braid involves weaving the tortilla around the filling in a braided pattern.

Does one method taste better than the other?

This is a matter of personal preference. Both methods result in delicious and visually appealing tacos.

Which method is easier to assemble?

Many people find that shaping tacos with a ring is easier and quicker to assemble, as it simply involves pressing the filling into the mold. Shaping tacos with a braid may take a bit more time and practice to perfect.

Are there any differences in cooking time or temperature between the two methods?

No, the cooking time and temperature will be the same for both methods. It is important to fully cook the tortilla and filling, regardless of the shaping technique used.

Can I use any type of tortilla for shaping tacos?

Yes, you can use any type of tortilla for shaping tacos. However, corn tortillas may be more difficult to shape into a braid due to their tendency to crack. Flour tortillas are often easier to work with for both methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • SandyG
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies