• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Stay Positive When Shows Keep Falling Through?

In summary, the author is discussing how things are not going well for them and they need suggestions to get out of their slump. They mention how the business is great story from the back to business meeting and that attitude is everything. They also mention that if the host wants to use only Facebook (or something like that) they would strongly discourage this.
KelleyD
Alright you guys, what do you tell yourself when-

A. The shows you had booked are dropping because for various reasons they are cancelling....

B. You went to a show where TWO days prior to the show there was a confirmed 19 coming and then you get there and 4 people show?

C. Making the best of the above nightmare you put on a great show and laugh and talk the whole way through, everyone is having such fun and we are serioulsy into the "what's your favorite PC item and why" game, everyone has an order form in front of them and they are writing, writing, writing! You get them back only to find out that they were buying small, and I mean SMALL priced items. I seriously took an order from a woman for $ 8.50 :cry: The largest out of the group was $ 67 and there was 4 with a show total of 120... you get the point.

D. Next morning I get up bright and early to go out to the next show, this one has promise though - I'm in a meeting area with what is supposed to be 62 women who meet weekly for coffee and muffins!!! Sounds great, right? I sold ONE cookbook @ $ 7.50 :(.

Now look, I know that some shows are going to be difficult. Some shows are going to be lower than others. And I'm also aware that its not always my fault. But what do you do when you are looking at a picture with very little bright spots in it and you're looking for that rainbow? Helpful hints please from some PC women that have had their share of yucky days....

All I want to do is take a nap LOL

I'm with you lets take a nap had the same kind of month.

Sorry things aren't going well for you. Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer because I'm having the same kind of month. Would love to hear suggestions from others to get me out of this rut.

Last edited:
Dina Atnip said:
I'm with you lets take a nap had the same kind of month.

!!!!

I had very very large plans for this month and I need to find the bright spot! The month is almost over and I cant get my positive back - this is a problem!

On the other point, I'm really sorry you had a hard month ((Hugs)) I really do hope things get better for us soon. Seriously, anything would help at this point right? LOL

vmgcooks said:
Sorry things are going well for you. Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer because I'm having the same kind of month. Would love to hear suggestions from others to get me out of this rut.

Well, at least I know I/we arent alone huh?

WHY is this big promo to recruit in January? I want to get that, but at this rate I dont know what I can do to get myself ahead! Seriously, this is a problem LOL....

I guess there is comfort in numbers, right guys? ;(

So what are we going to do to change this around? Number one get on the phone for February and do our best at getting it booked up more and even March so they will carry us thru. So let's get started. Whose on board?

Keep calling. Keep looking for your next customer. Go back to your list of 100. Call customers from past shows. So sorry you're in a slump. We all have them. It's a numbers game so you're due. Remember the business is great story from the back to business meeting! Attitude is everything! So put a smile on your face before dialing the phone.

Beth you are absolutely right on so let's get busy.

Are you sending invitations for your parties? I find that this has pretty much eliminated cancellations (it's not a party on my calendar until I get the guest list in my hand). It also lets me know how many (and coach if necessary) people have been invited.If your host wants to use only Facebook (or something like that) I'd strongly discourage this. For people my age (and older and perhaps a bit younger), a Facebook invitation is not a REAL invitation.Sounds like the group of women meeting in the morning might have been a miss-communication of expectations. Maybe "the guests" didn't realize that you were actually having a show that they were expected to purchase from. You might have been the nice person who was coming to talk to the group.We all have bad parties (and sometimes bad streaks) but hang in there. I'm sure others will have ideas that they can share.

I absolutely agree with the mailing your hosts invitations. I go a step further and get email addresses too to send via my website, AND I make the reminder calls! That way I know who's coming, who's bringing a friend, who's a maybe, and who says "yes" but is really a "no".

I instigated this policy at the beginning of this year. My show average for January so far is $850, and my guest average at a show is 12. Last year my show average was just under 500 and guest average 8. It works! And, you know in enough time when a show isn't going to materialize (host doesn't get you the guest list) so you can rebook that date. No going into Wednesday thinking you have a show Saturday only to have the host call you Friday night to say no one's coming.

I have also had several cancellations this month. I did have a wonderful October & November by sending out invitations. My problems is the Host telling me that they don't want to give me addresses and phone numbers. How do you all address that?

Please keep coaching your hostesses. For so many reasons - it is integral to the business...to the company, to the products best success. When the host knows you will stand behind everything you sell, that you care, that you treat this as a business - then they will see how they fit into the business. Instead when we 'expect' them to know, or to magically have people show up, without setting the expectation - then we must accept whatever happens. Be the consultant. Be the informer / the professional / the one who gets bookings / the recruiter... be the Pampered Chef for your hosts!

Yes, host coaching is key as well to the success. I start by going through the host packet completely, in person with my hosts. I have a check list for them, with an explanation of why each item is important. I start by telling them I have made it a policy to make hosting a cooking show as easy and fun as possible for them because I know they're busy. So, I will send out their invitations, email evites, and even make their reminder calls! They usually say, "Wow, that's awesome!" Then I explain that "all they need to do is get me their guest list (form included in packet) by xxx date, mail it back with postage in the s.a.s.e. included. Once that's done, all they have to do is dream big! Go through the catalog, fill out their wishlist, and be excited. Of course, I then discuss rsvp's and getting outside orders, bookings from people who can't come, and the business op for them or someone they know. My follow up host coaching calls are updates on rsvp's from the web, how many have called them, what's big on their wish list, have they thought anymore about the business, etc. 3rd call is final count, recipe ingredients all good?, tell me about the guests coming, I'm super excited, etc.

I was very hesitant to start this plan but have been overwhelmed by the fantastic response. I think the "make it as easy as possible for you" and the matter of fact, this is how I do it attitude, kind of doesn't give them an option.

Thanks everyone for all the input! I was really feeling down when I wrote the original post, sorry, I shouldnt share my bad energy with everyone...

However, I was determined to not continue this streak so because I knew I had to go to the store tonight for groceries I told myself before I left that today I will add one person to my list of people to deal with - someone I had never met. Well, I met her :) Her name is Crystal and she is VERY excited about a PC party! She put my number directly into her phone and then called me while we were standing there so I would have her number too. I told her I had just recently moved to this city so I was having a tough time finding my ''crowd'' here....she answered back by saying that she has lived here her whole life so she could get together a huge party with no problem! I told her she was an angel and that she would be getting a lot of free stuff if all those people came and she was very excited about that - again she told me how much she was excited and loves PC!!!! Now I feel a little better :) Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be warmer so I am heading out to talk to more people face to face - God gave me the gift of gab, now its time to use it!!!

I hope things are looking up for you guys, and count me in on any "lets do it" stuff, any incentives help! And thank you again for the comfort on an icky day :)

I don't think its you--so tired of hosts that "swear" they have 15+ coming and it's their mother in law and 2 grandkids....Then they "swear" all those that didn't come want to order....I have done this for 12 years and it's been bad the past couple of months. No, they don't want me to send out their invites. Yes, I offer incentives for attendance. Tired of being the caterer too.

Caterer, oh dear, I didn't even talk about that part!

This show was done by my mother's very good friend (thats the sad part) and I know she felt HORRIBLE about how people didnt show up, part of me felt really bad for her :(

But lets be honest, I offered to make the food since she was having this huge party for me. I was in the wrong. I should have never spent the time/money it took for me to take all that food and when I say all that food, I mean I laid out easily 60-70 dollars in treats that took me all day to make! NEVER again... lesson learned.

I'm really trying to go positive though, the past couple days were nasty, but tomorrow is another day and I am determined to kick these days in the butt and turn this around! YAY! Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings :)

KelleyD said:
Caterer, oh dear, I didn't even talk about that part!

This show was done by my mother's very good friend (thats the sad part) and I know she felt HORRIBLE about how people didnt show up, part of me felt really bad for her :(

But lets be honest, I offered to make the food since she was having this huge party for me. I was in the wrong. I should have never spent the time/money it took for me to take all that food and when I say all that food, I mean I laid out easily 60-70 dollars in treats that took me all day to make! NEVER again... lesson learned.

I'm really trying to go positive though, the past couple days were nasty, but tomorrow is another day and I am determined to kick these days in the butt and turn this around! YAY! Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings :)

DON'T FORGET: you can write that food off! It is a business expense!

darlinclem said:
DON'T FORGET: you can write that food off! It is a business expense!

I totally forgot that! Thank you!! Got the reciept right here, whew! Thanks for the reminder, lots to keep track of here :)

i just have a quick question for all you veteran consultants out there. please think back to when you were new...
i have exhausted all my friends and family and got absolutely NO WHERE with new bookings from those shows...how do you get more shows? i cant go back to my contacts or old hosts because my old hosts and contacts are only 2 months old...
i have NOTHING lined up after my last show that was on the 6th. i was still learning host coaching and did very poorly with it, so not a lot of ppl showed up to the parties and i dont think my hosts took it all to seriously that i needed these ppl to continue my business.
im just really scared that i have no shows...
what do i need to do and what are my outposts for bookings???
thanks in advance

chellb1234 said:
i just have a quick question for all you veteran consultants out there. please think back to when you were new...
i have exhausted all my friends and family and got absolutely NO WHERE with new bookings from those shows...how do you get more shows? i cant go back to my contacts or old hosts because my old hosts and contacts are only 2 months old...
i have NOTHING lined up after my last show that was on the 6th. i was still learning host coaching and did very poorly with it, so not a lot of ppl showed up to the parties and i dont think my hosts took it all to seriously that i needed these ppl to continue my business.
im just really scared that i have no shows...
what do i need to do and what are my outposts for bookings???
thanks in advance

Have you been in touch with any of the guests from your first few shows? If not I would start there. Do "out of the box" calls where you check with them to make sure their products are out of the box and being used. See if they have any questions or need any recipes for those products. Then ask them if they were able to get everything they wanted on XX's party because... (if you remember anything about them, make it personal) ...because we had so much fun at xx's party, I would love to hang out with you guys again. ...because that item you had your eye on, you can get free or at a discount by hosting a show. ...because stoneware is on special in February and who doesn't love stoneware at a discount.

Logo wear is also really good. I think there is an online training about out and about contacts. You need to be prepared on what to say to people when they say "I love Pampered Chef" after they see your logo wear. Sticky notes on mini catalogs work great because then you are encouraged to get their information.

You can also host your own "re-kick off show". Promote it as a mystery host show or find a cute way to make a theme show out of it. Something to get people to want to come to your party.

This is truly your recruiter / director's issue, but I so understand that sometimes that person is either absent or not "all there". So you need to go back to 6 key members who have already attended your shows, and say,"Hi, Aunt Jean! I so appreciate your coming to Mom's friend's show and I need to ask you a giant favor to help me get my new business started. Would you help me get some more practice? It would mean so much to me, that you helped launch my success! Just have a couple friends over whom I don't know, and we'll do a fun recipe tasting? Who do you know that... (go down the host list) ...loves to cook? ...hates to cook? ...just had another child? ...needs a flexibile income? ...just got laid off? ...cooks for lots of people? ...is a real party person? ... could use a couple nights away from home each week?"Your director should do this together with you, but sometimes you have to be your own director. The good news is, once you start this, you'll see how easy it is / how many people Love THE PAMPERED CHEF, and others will want to start as well. This is the secret for getting folks away from their list of 100. Be persistent; it does work!Always remember you are the last word on you. You are the expert on you. You decide what you will and won't wear, you decide what you will and won't do, you decide whether PC will or won't work in your life. That you've reached out here is a fantastic leap in the right direction. Next step, pick up the phone and leap back into the lives of those you saw. Ask for referrals - they are the life blood of this business. Again, you are the PC Consultant - you are the PC expert and business owner. <Big Girl Pill Coming> BIG NEWS: The Pampered Chef board of directors just met, and voted to give you a big raise! It becomes effective as soon as you do.DON'T SAY:..................................DO SAY:
-will you have a show for me?..........I'd love to make up a recipe sample for you and your friends to give me your feedback!
-I need this booking.......................You're important to me and I have to share this awesome MFP / DCB / Food Chopper with you!
-I was hoping you would do a show...When can we get together with your friends for a fun afternoon of food and shopping?
-Please be my host........................You are such a caring person (or similar related compliment) Could we get together with a couple of your friends and do a fundraiser for the [homeless shelter] and I practice Pampering them with a simple recipe?
-You've got to do this for me...........I'm so thrilled I get to do this for you!Mindset first. Then good list of leads, then off you go. Not everyone will say yes, but the Yes's are out there! Who has the successful business - the person who knows this, or the person who makes the phone calls? With that, I'm done writing, and picking up the phone!God Bless, Take Care. Let us know how it works out!

Wow...is all I can say. You ROCK! I will definitely try out those sayings. And you are right about my director, she is great and very motivational, but SUPER busy, and doesn't live very close to me. The girl i signed under just quit. She is going to school full time, has a full and part time job and is young and PC doesn't currently fit into her life at this moment.
But you are right, mindset first...
I need to start conversations with strangers, not wait for them to notice me.
I have looked through my past shows and am going to call them today!!!

Thanks Scott! You really put a lot of thought into that response and I want you to know I appreciate it! My director is a great woman, she's always been there with any questions I have with the best of attitude - I really like her. Its just that with so many downs in a row I was feeling beat down in spirit. I really did think this month was going to be a huge month for me so I am upset that it didnt go the way I had planned. BUT, the month isn't over yet, still have another big show to do tomorrow (this one should be big!), instead of calling - I went in person and as of this morning I have a woman doing a catalog show at her job (I'm not sure how this will go but I have hopes that it could be good, its a large company), and I went back to touch base with a group of men at the car lot in our town (new cars, not used). Before Christmas I approached them about doing a "Holiday Hubby Helper" show to help them get their shopping done for the women in their life. Well, a few of them had things they needed but wanted to wait till mid-January to order. When I went in this morning they were crazy busy so I asked when they'd like me to come back, they set an appointment with me on Wednesday morning so thats good. I'm thinking I will put together something for Valentines day that is cute and ask how many I can order for the guys up there in addition to what the guys already need.
These are sort of sloppy ways to get my sales in my opinion. Its not how I wanted to do this, but hey, sales are sales and until I get into a groove I'll take the money anyway it comes to me! :) Most importantly, I'm nowhere near giving up! I love this company, the people are some of the nicest I've met in a long time, I believe there is tons of money to be made, and I adore the products... SO, I'm gonna be around for quite awhile to come!

Thank you again for your post, reading it made me feel energized and ready to get back at it, afterall, I havent made any contacts in 2 whole hours LOL... But seriously, heres a question for you - one of those guys at the car lot, I'm thinking he would be great at this. Is there something that someone said to you as a man that made you get into this company? I'm not trying to be sexist by any means, but there are many more women than men in this company and I need to know what I might say to a man to sway him into joining up with us ;)
Hope your calls are going well, looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks....

Part one...
LOL! - Really. So you need to try something with the possible recruit. Find out if there is any interest on his end. Two suggestions:

1 - risque... Go to him directly, tell him you have a proposition for him, and wink. Or stare at him-keeping eye contact- and raise your eyebrows. Then- laugh, and tell him that no, you're happily married, or very happy in your relationship, but you want to offer a serious business opportunity. Tell him you admire his [business acumen / friendliness with customers / presence of mind ] and think he would be truly great at presenting top quality kitchen products to folks in their homes.

2 - strictly business... Tell him you have a business undertaking that you want to share with him, and bring along some visual aids:eek:ne of your better paychecks, your director's paycheck, and an upline director's paycheck. Ask him if he has 2 nights a week he would be able to invest in this challenging opportunity.

In either scenario, get your Join Us brochure to him, and meet with him (or phone if he must) and review the "guide to the join us brochure" and ask some of those questions with each page. Review the 7-step interviewing (the questions are all in the guide) and the inform-invite-ask interviewing class online.

Finally - here are some awesome words form Doris herself, in an early Season's Best booklet - this sounds a lot like similar paragraphs in early cookbooks...maybe use some of these words.

"In an age when family life is busier than ever, TPC is dedicated to enhancing family mealtimes by offering quick, creative and economical food preparation products and techniques. In 1980 Doris Christopher founded this company in hopes of bolstering family mealtimes, by supporting quality kitchen tools with education and promoting them with easy, delicious recipes.

"She began by bringing a selection of products to the home of a friend and sharing her knowledge with several guests. Everyone loved hearing new tips and ideas, and could easily see the need for better quality tools in the kitchen.

"We've grown beyond our expectations from that simple beginning. Today as an international company , the enthusiasm for our products and services continues to astound us! It seems that every day, more and more people discover the benefit of attending a PC show and using our practical products. Our commitment ot our mission, however, remains the same. Each member of TPC family, home office coworkers and consultants, is dedicated to renewing family mealtimes.

--new part , sometimes hard to find nowadays-- "TPC Mission Statement - We are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to develop their God-given talents and skills to their fullest potential, for the benefit of themselves, their families, our customers and the company. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life by providing quality kitchen products supported by servioce and information for our Consultants and customers. / Doris Christopher founded TPC in 1980 so that she could share outstanding kitchen tools with others through home Kithen Shows. Today, we offer a rare opportunity to all those involved. Our actions are based on 'old fashioned' values of integrity, service and honesty, and it is our desire to offer a positive experience to all who come in contact with our company."

We want you to join us!

Last edited:
Part two...As a guy - it is different, but use that to your advantage. My director teasingly asks folks at their shows for anyone who wants to see what it feels like to try the opportunity, to have a 'sneak a peek behind the apron', which takes on a completely different angle coming from me to a roomful of ladies... But you can explain that while guys in our company are few, those who stick with it are incredibly successful. Tom M was one of the first guy superstar consultants, and was one of the earliest to a million in career sales. Shortly after I saw him awarded in president's circle, he made his shift away from PC. He used to call himself 'Tom the toolman' and had a Home Depot 5 gallon paint bucket he would take to shows, laden with PC tools. He would not cook at shows, but served a premade recipe, would hold the tools up, ask who had it/loved it, ask was it easy to clean, ask what else you could use it for, ask who you would recommend it for. He was funny and a great inspiration to many. His sales were very strong and he had a solid team as well. --David Meenan has a truly fun youtube video out at The Pampered Chef - YouTube . "No-grease cooking, no grease cooking" Love it.--One of my favorite lines is, "PC now has several ways to help you look better in the kitchen, using silicone: In prep, our silicone scrapers come in the 5 sizes of mix & scraper large, small and mini, and our two scrapers large and small, or what I like to describe as A cup, B cup, C cup, D cup or E cup (holding them at chest height). In cooking, our executive cookware is trimmed with silicone that is heat safe to 450 degrees, but please learn from me - and don't grab it when it comes out of a hot oven. While it is heat safe, it still is 450 degrees! Finally, in serving, our silicone trivets both look great and give you lots of versatility as either a pot holder or a place to set hot things and not damage your table or countertop surfaces. Ladies, who needs botox, when you've got industrial strength silicone to help you look good in the kitchen!Lastly, from my perspective, it's pretty awesome to sit in cooking shows, or team/cluster meetings, or conferences full of awesome women!
-------------------------------------------
--Rereading your question - you asked about me. I was a home office lead, after 3 failed attempts to contact the consultant who initially asked me but didn't keep in touch. Step 1, I called what was an old phone number. Step 2, I emailed PC directly and put the person's name into the search engine asking them to contact me. I know they received that email, not sure why they never called me back. Step 3, I emailed PC directly again, explained I had not been put in touch with whom I asked, and requested a director. I met my recruiter at a nearby grocery/restaurant and signed. She unfortunately moved and I was absorbed to a great Senior Exec. She unfortunately chose another DS company, so I was absorbed as a first line person in my truly awesome and inspirational NSED! It was really painful to lose my recruiter, after 2 years - both an awesome PC help and a sweet friend. What was ultimately a blessing, is I am firstline to a NSED in the catalog, on a team with some of the top consultants in the nation, from CA / AZ and have learned so much, so I have a lot to share. Next step - consistent business and recruiting. I guess the best moves forward for me in this business have been ones a bit hard for me to make at the time, but in retrospect I can see God's hand at work. --Guys are interested in the technical aspects. Take 5 tools to show him: batter bowl, chopper, BBQ turner, UM and a forged cutlery knife. Explain many of our cutting implements are made in Germany, and are so well designed, either right-handed or left-handed cooks can use them, and they are very popular in Europe. Our stoneware is 100% lead free and comes from a family company in AZ or KY, but doesn't need to be presoaked. Show him a chopper and ask if he likes the folded 18" stainless knife blade that is entirely dishwasher safe, or the ratcheting mechanism that makes it turn between slices. Point out it can be used in your hand with the silicone cup on, to chop waxy things like chocolate chips or nuts, or take the cap off and use it right on a wooden or nylon cutting board to chop cooked meat or anything with a skin. Show him a batter bowl and explain this is one of Doris Christopher's original items that was made for us for years by Anchor Hocking, a Corning glass company, and now they manufacture them for PC based on our specifications. As you had him a forged cutlery knife, explain Warren Buffet bought the company in 2002 because it had no debt, high profit margins and treated its employees very well. Assure him that you know he would be good at this because [his interpersonal skills, his sincerity, his love of cooking]--No time? Nonsense. I got a God-nudge to check out a quirky company that had something to do with cooking when I was going to college in 1980-84. The back way from Evanston, IL to O'Hare airport drove past one of this new expanding company's brick warehouses, but I was full of college and politics at work and didn't have the time to follow up then.* I made a great job choice to move from Illinois to the Pacific Northwest where I taught for 6 years, moved to another city, taught for 1, in another state, moved back to the first state and met my bride. We moved to the Seattle area and eventually celebrated our 15th anniversary meeting special needs children whom we adopted, and that was 4 years ago. I moved away from teaching at the high school level after 15 years, ten in this particular school, back to a middle school position that put me at home with my kids by 4pm each day. About 7 years ago I followed a friend into my first DS experience, representing a tech company with internet and phone service. I had to always pay for my advertising, and any promotions... I qualified, but never had success in recruiting because I didn't have the volume of contacts needed. A year later, they wanted $298 for the privilege of representing them again, and I said no. In my first month with PC I made more than I did all year with the other company - and paid for my kit, as well! I have the time now and am applying myself better to PC! Also, in December of 2010 I began an online doctoral degree in Organizational Leadership - with emphasis toward teaching and PC, and I have learned so much. Now, it's time to put it all to work! *That company in 1983? The Pampered Chef! I have the time, and now I choose to make it a priority! God, I'm listening - sometimes it just takes me a little while longer! Aren't we lucky God is patient?!

scottcooks said:
--No time? Nonsense. I got a God-nudge to check out a quirky company that had something to do with cooking when I was going to college in 1980-84. The back way from Evanston, IL to O'Hare airport drove past one of this new expanding company's brick warehouses, but I was full of college and politics at work and didn't have the time to follow up then.* ....

*That company in 1983? The Pampered Chef! I have the time, and now I choose to make it a priority! God, I'm listening - sometimes it just takes me a little while longer! Aren't we lucky God is patient?!

Yes patience is indeed a marvelous thing Scott! I had spoken to a consultant back in '86 about joining the PC family, but we were living in CT at the time and preparing for a cross country move in 6 months time, so I passed on it. Now here I am in the great Pacific Northwest almost 25 years later and part of the family.

I very recently jumped off the fence and quit my part time job to do PC full time after trying to balance both the past couple years. I truly believe in what I am doing and look forward to my new career.

Thank you for all your motivating posts and amazing insights.

Scott, you are amazing! I would love to meet you in person someday, are you heading to the spring training? Omaha by chance? LOL, it would be great to meet up with you if you are - maybe some of that superstar stuff you've got going could rub off on me :)

I have read over what you wrote, need to read it several more times to get it to sink in but I really appreciate the tips about talking to the guys. We all know men think differently than women so its good to have your insight :)

By the way, last nights party was interesting - there were 13 women that said they'd be there, only 4 showed up *sigh* It really seems like getting them there is 3/4 the battle! Once they are there they buy since the product is so good. Well, I shouldnt say that really, 2 out of 4 women last night didnt buy anything, they seemed to really be into the treats that were served (this time NOT served by me!). Either way, I sold another $200 last night so thats nice. Today I am preparing to go hit the streets again to pass out cards and hopefully I will get a few orders that way, maybe meet a few women who need some extra income, either way if its a numbers game I'm getting good at knocking out the "no" answers LOL...

I'm on my way out now, I really do hope to bring back great information! And really, its this silly iPad thing thats got me spinning - really wish they'd give us another month for that promotion. Well that and the 1500 in sales for spring stuff, I want it all! LOL

These little things they put up in front of us make me nuts, I really cant take it when I dont qualify for that stuff. Guess whoever's making up these company goals is doing a great job because thats my driving force!!

My time in Omaha was age 9 and 10. We lived in another Bellview and went to Betz elementary. I kind of remember Capeheart housing - some kind of air force or army installation, not too sure - it was a long time ago.So - try this instead - get the guest list and send out the Ccorner invitation stickers on the back cover. On the front, I put a regular mailing label, on which I use the computer to say...
Party at Jan's Friday night 7pm and YOU'RE INVITED! Details on reverse.
On the back, I address it to the person's name AND GUEST. Sending out mini catalogs to guests increases show attendance and sets the expectation of guests ...to buy something!Check yourself: are you showing higher-end tools? The starter kit includes one of each of the more expensive lines, on purpose. Bring and spend at least 10 minutes talking about cookware or stoneware at each show. Use forged cutlery instead of color coated or stainless with sharpening cases. Serve on Simple Additions, or give the host a drink in a dots glass. If you haven't read them yet, go get Doris Christopher's book, the story of one of america's best loved companies, The Pampered Chef. You'll learn her heart and understand the soft sell approach.

OK, that is great advice about the invitations, I have to be honest - I've let the hostess take care of getting folks there and coaching them, I haven't done a lot of the work on that end, so I will definately get to work on that!

The show part though, I really felt as if I gave it my all with the talking part. I raved about the stoneware, took copies of recipes for the magic cake (man there's a lot of those!), recipes for the covered baker and talked about how easy it is to get a good dinner in just minutes that way. I dont have the colored knives but talk a lot about the forged cutlery. However, one of my best selling pieces is the stainless mixing bowls because I love them I suppose :) By the way, how do people get the answer of their most purchased product? Where in the software does it give you that?

I would love to read that book, maybe tomorrow I will ask my director if she has a copy that I can read while at the spring launch. Thats what I was asking about if you were going to LOL, surely you are heading to Spring Launch this year right? Which city is lucky enough to have you??

Again, thank you! You are helping, I promise :)

I figured it out about the top 10 LOL, as I was typing it I realized that it probably isnt in the pampered chef site but in the ordering program. Thanks! :)

Off to Portland on Saturday. Trying to get my consultants to go as well, but registration is closed - trying anyway!

scottcooks said:
Off to Portland on Saturday. Trying to get my consultants to go as well, but registration is closed - trying anyway!

Portland for me also Scott. I have a friend lives there and is working on catalog show but might be able to swing cooking show on Sunday if scheduling permits.

A. The shows you had booked are dropping because for various reasons they are cancelling....

It can be really frustrating when shows that you had booked end up getting cancelled for various reasons. However, it's important to remember that things happen and it's not always within your control. Instead of dwelling on the negative, try to focus on the shows that you do have booked and make the most out of them. Also, don't be afraid to reach out and try to book more shows to fill in any gaps.

B. You went to a show where TWO days prior to the show there was a confirmed 19 coming and then you get there and 4 people show?

This situation can be disheartening, especially when you were expecting a larger turnout. However, try to focus on the positive and make the most out of the smaller group that showed up. These 4 people could potentially become loyal customers and may even host their own shows in the future. Remember, every show, no matter the size, is an opportunity to share your products and make connections.

C. Making the best of the above nightmare you put on a great show and laugh and talk the whole way through, everyone is having such fun and we are serioulsy into the "what's your favorite PC item and why" game, everyone has an order form in front of them and they are writing, writing, writing! You get them back only to find out that they were buying small, and I mean SMALL priced items. I seriously took an order from a woman for $ 8.50 :cry: The largest out of the group was $ 67 and there was 4 with a show total of 120... you get the point.

It can be disappointing when you put on a great show and have high hopes for sales, only to find out that the orders were for smaller priced items. However, remember that every sale, no matter the amount, contributes to your overall sales and can lead to larger purchases in the future. Also, don't forget to focus on the positive aspects of the show, such as the connections you made with customers and the fun you had during the show. These are all important in building a successful business in the long run.

D. Next morning I get up bright and early to go out to the next show, this one has promise though - I'm in a meeting area with what is supposed to be 62 women who meet weekly for coffee and muffins!!! Sounds great, right? I sold ONE cookbook @ $ 7.50 :(.

It's tough when you have high expectations for a show and it doesn't turn out as well as you had hoped. However, remember that every show is different and just because one didn't go as planned, doesn't mean the next one won't be successful. Keep a positive attitude and focus on the potential for future sales and connections with these women. And don't forget to take a break and recharge if you need to - it's important to take care of yourself as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JanisF
  • Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • keynibear