• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Your Home Office: Inspiration from Real-Life Setups

In summary, a filing cabinet (2 drawer) is what you may use as your "Office" or space to keep your PC paperwork and other related items. You can use the top of the filing cabinet for trays to store "in/out" items. Google can provide you with many ideas for a home office layout.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I am really wanting to get organized!! Would any of you post pics of what your "office" looks like? I have some ideas but would love to see what you have that may work better....

Good stuff in that thread! It's long, but lots of ideas, and I'm getting into the pics.Just a notation- the thread is 5+ years old....so I wouldn't post any questions or anything :) Not sure how many of those folks are still around (I know Carolyn is)...but maybe you can post them in this thread with references/links back to a particular thing?

Thank you..I will look at it all this weekend.. :)

I agree with Bobbi. That thread is a good reference but most of those people have moved on. My DH wouldn't let me move my office into the dining room because he said it was too messy all the time so we made the DR his office. He's not all that neat either and admits it but I can't deny his argument that I have more stuff. We are moving soon so everything is pretty neat but I must purge. I took 3 bags of stuff out today but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Hey! I can now see carpet in the closet!

My 2 kids and I moved into my bf house over 2 years ago. The house was built in the 50's so there is ONLY 1 linen closet in the whole house (besides the bedroom closets in all 3 bedrooms but they are itty bitty also). The kitchen is itty bitty with NO cupboard space. So, the only shelves or cubbies to put or "shove" things into is into the furniture I brought into the house.. BUT I have LOTS of pictures, yearbooks, antiques & etc filling up all those. Needless to say, I have PC stuff every where! It is driving me nuts and him nuts also. Just want to make a "station" to keep all my PC paperwork and etc organized and not all over place. (or in boxes all over the place) I need pictures to show my bf so we can figure out what will work for me and for the house..Hope this makes sense...

A filing cabinet (2 drawer) is what I use for about 90% of my paperwork. One of those next to a small desk/table can take up the majority of your "Office". Use the top of the filing cabinet for some "in/out" trays. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GR80L8/?tag=pfamazon01-20(haven't put it to the best use, but it adds lots of quick space). Wherever you have your desk spot, you can install nice shelves over it. I'm thinking something sort of like this. Just do a google image search for Scrapbook Room or Home Office layout ideas... you'll get lots of great ideas. Since I don't know your space, that might work better for you.
http://pinterest.com/excartgrl/craft-room-design-ideas/
http://www.google.com/search?q=scrapbooking+room+designs&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YtN4UKPkMoj20gGs-oDwDA&sqi=2&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1157&bih=870
http://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1157&bih=870&q=pampered+chef+office&oq=pampered+chef+office&gs_l=img.3.0.0i24.1310.4558.0.5477.20.13.0.5.5.1.140.1201.5j8.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.yQF2o0EKRbY#hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=home+office+ideas&oq=home+office&gs_l=img.3.1.0l10.17994.18888.2.20304.2.2.0.0.0.0.115.223.0j2.2.0...0.0...1c.hNSL9uxo4Xo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=76b72bd3594ce827&bpcl=35277026&biw=1157&bih=870I think the hardest to store in small space is the product/kit items themselves. :)For extra product you don't use all the time, besides evaluating what you HAVE to keep, do you have any under-the-bed storage space? My kids use those large rolling totes that are about 4" deep, but we have tons of toys under their beds that way and they easily access them when they want. You could put extra products, catalogs, etc.Sometimes it just means taking a hard line approach to the STUFF we all hoard (I'm just as guilty). Do we truly need all of it? Can it better bless someone else?(I'm thinking I may look through these also. I desperately need to reorganize my PC/Home Office/School Room space!)

Last edited:

What are the essential items needed for a home office setup?

The essential items for a home office setup include a desk, a comfortable chair, a computer or laptop, a reliable internet connection, and basic office supplies such as pens, paper, and a printer.

How do I choose the right location for my home office?

The right location for your home office should be a quiet and dedicated space with minimal distractions. It should also have good lighting and enough space to accommodate your equipment and supplies.

What are some tips for organizing my home office?

Some tips for organizing your home office include decluttering regularly, using storage solutions such as shelves and filing cabinets, and creating a system for organizing documents and supplies.

Do I need to set specific working hours for my home office?

It is recommended to set specific working hours for your home office to establish a routine and maintain work-life balance. However, it may vary depending on your job requirements and personal preferences.

How can I make my home office more ergonomic?

To make your home office more ergonomic, invest in a comfortable chair with proper back support, adjust the height of your desk to match your seated position, and use a footrest if needed. Additionally, take breaks to stretch and move around to avoid strain on your body.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • DanielleQ