• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Rubs and Dipping Oils: Tips for Serving on Bamboo Platters

In summary, for the CYW theme show, it is recommended to serve the different rubs and bread on a large and small bamboo platter respectively, and the salad in a large round bamboo bowl. Using bamboo as serving dishes is lightweight and a great option. Other suggestions and tips are available upon request.
babywings76
Gold Member
For the CYW theme show, how are you guys serving it?I'm going to do 4 different rubs and then cut them up. Should I serve them in 4 different bamboo bowls or on the small or large bamboo platter? I'm also doing bread w/ the dipping oils, so I'm wondering if I should put the cut up bread on the small platter or in a square bamboo bowl.We are also serving a salad, so I'm serving it in the large bamboo round bowl.That's a lot of bamboo, but it's lightweight, so I'd rather bring it than SA.

At our mtg they did this and used the SA plates and wrote on the edge of the plates (w/dry erase markers) which seasonings were used.

I have done them in separate bowls and I just place the spice bottle of what flavor is in the bowl behind the bowl.

What about the small SA bowls & caddy for 2 of the options and bamboo bowls for the other 2 options ....then you can show off the caddy & the fact there is a little slit at the top for a card to sit in....write the seasonings used on the card;) And, you can have the spice bottle sitting beside/behind each bowl....just as a reinforcement.

Just another idea of how to present the CYW.

Cheers,
D.

Hi there! I think your plan for the CYW theme show sounds delicious and well-thought-out. As for serving, I would recommend using the large bamboo platter for the different rubs and the bread on the small platter. This way, your guests can easily see and access all the different options. For the salad, the large bamboo round bowl is perfect. And I agree, bamboo is a great lightweight option for serving. Let me know if you need any other suggestions or tips for your show. Happy cooking!

1. What are some popular chicken rubs that work well for serving on bamboo platters?

Some popular chicken rubs that work well for serving on bamboo platters include lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, garlic and herb, and barbecue rub.

2. How should I prepare the chicken before applying the rub?

Before applying the rub, make sure to pat the chicken dry with paper towels. This will help the rub adhere better to the chicken and create a nice crust when cooked.

3. Can I use any type of oil for the dipping oil on the bamboo platter?

Yes, you can use any type of oil for the dipping oil on the bamboo platter. Olive oil, avocado oil, and grapeseed oil are popular options that work well for dipping.

4. How long should I let the chicken marinate with the rub before cooking?

It is best to let the chicken marinate with the rub for at least 30 minutes, but you can also marinate it overnight for maximum flavor.

5. How should I arrange the chicken and dipping oil on the bamboo platter for serving?

Arrange the cooked chicken in the center of the bamboo platter and place the dipping oil in a small bowl on the side. Garnish with fresh herbs or lemon slices for an added touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • liljen19