• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Serving Trifle: Make the Most of Your Delicious Treasures!"

I think maybe a clear acrylic would be nicer.Thanks for thinking of that! I have been thinking the same thing! I just think a silver or acrylic would be nicer.
Ginger428
Gold Member
OK...now that we ALL have these WONDERFUL Treasures, How Are You gonna serve them? :eek:
Any good tips? ;) ;) ;)

I'm going to use the nylon serving spoon. It has a long handle and the bowl size is about right.

raebates said:
I'm going to use the nylon serving spoon. It has a long handle and the bowl size is about right.

Good Idea! Thanks

For layered salads, the large tongs work great!

For personal use, my serving spoon (that was discontinued) ....for parties, i agree with the large serving tongs!

I'm so bummed about the Stainless Serving Spoon. It would be awesome with the Trifle Bowl.

I agree--large serving tongs for salads. I guess we're stuck with the big Chef's Tools spoon or Nylon Spoon for trifles.

DebbieJ said:
I'm so bummed about the Stainless Serving Spoon. It would be awesome with the Trifle Bowl.

I agree--large serving tongs for salads. I guess we're stuck with the big Chef's Tools spoon or Nylon Spoon for trifles.

& it is sooooooooo elegant looking, I loved having a wonderful salad at my parties & using these to serve it....:(

Gee, I never thought about what to use for serving but I guess the nylon spoon would have to be the best we could do for the dessert trifles.

pamperedharriet said:
Gee, I never thought about what to use for serving but I guess the nylon spoon would have to be the best we could do for the dessert trifles.

And unfortunatley, after we spoon it out, it doesnt look the same....:(

Very true but the initial presentation is what is really important. In case none of you on this thread read any of the other threads with recipes for trifles I am putting together a booklet in Word format with the ones I am coming across from CS. If you have one to add please let me know. I am up to about 10 pages I think so far. I am going to use them to give to customers that order a trifle and to show at shows to encourage bookings. I will be posting it by weeks end.

I brought mine to a show the other night and didn't have anything but our large mix and scraper to dig it out! I guess maybe next time I will bring the nylon spoon!

Harriett here is one..I can't remember the name of it though, maybe Devil's Food Trifle?

Angel Food Cake
Chocolate Pudding (a 6 pk will do)
Can of cherry pie filling
Cool Whip

Cut cake into squares. Layer half of cake, half of pudding, half of pie filling and half of cool whip, then repeat. Yum!

I like it b/c I can sub fat free/low sugar stuff!

Ginger428 said:
OK...now that we ALL have these WONDERFUL Treasures, How Are You gonna serve them? :eek:
Any good tips? ;) ;) ;)
I was just thinking this same thing the other day and planned to e-mail HO to suggest a very nice serving spoon to use with the trifle bowl. I was actually thinking a clear acrylic would be nice to prevent a metal spoon from being "dropped" back into the bowl and potentially cracking the edge.

Okay the other thread jogged my memory. The recipe is a variation on Black Forest Trifle :D

Even though it doesn't look the same after you begin eating it, all the ingredients begin to mix and taste extra yummy! I think that is the great part of trifles. I don't have any of that so I've just been using a larger spoon & no one has had any trouble.

Harriet, thanks for putting together a document w/ all the recipes. I made the recipe that comes on the use and care card, Cappuccino Mousse Trifle, and just made a variation - instead of vanilla pudding, I used chocolate. I called it Mochaccino Mousse Trifle at my show last night. Huge hit!!

Thanks again!

And oh, I would love to see a more elegant serving spoon for the trifle. I like the stainless spoon that was discontinued, but I used the nylon spoon at my show last night.

What is a trifle?

A trifle is a layered dessert that typically includes cake or cookies, custard or pudding, fruit, and whipped cream.

How do I assemble a trifle?

To assemble a trifle, start by placing a layer of cake or cookies at the bottom of your dish. Next, add a layer of custard or pudding, followed by a layer of fruit. Continue layering until you reach the top of your dish, and finish with a layer of whipped cream.

Can I make a trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a trifle in advance. However, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than a day before serving to prevent the layers from becoming soggy.

How do I serve a trifle without making a mess?

To serve a trifle without making a mess, use a large serving spoon or spatula to scoop out portions. Be sure to get all the way to the bottom of the dish to get all the layers in each serving.

What are some creative ways to decorate a trifle?

Some creative ways to decorate a trifle could include sprinkling crushed cookies or nuts on top, adding fresh fruit slices or berries, drizzling chocolate or caramel sauce, or topping with edible flowers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • JennLizFran
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies