• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Serving Sauces & Greens on a Taco/Club Ring Stone

In summary, the conversation discussed tips for using green peppers in ring recipes and how the number of nubbies on a pepper does not indicate its gender. It was also mentioned that the color and length of time on the vine determine a pepper's sweetness, and that rubbing a pepper can increase its spiciness. The speaker shared a helpful tip for creating a level base for the pepper in the ring. They also recommended attending a workshop at a conference for more valuable tips.
ktmoms
I have a question about making the rings on the stones. When you make the taco ring or the chicken club ring that calls to put a sauce in a green pepper and serve in the middle of the ring, do you serve that on the stone? I was just wondering about putting the green pepper and lettuce on the stone while it is warm. Any tips would be helpful!

Thanks,
ktmoms

I just did this at a show not too long ago and made it for dinner last week. I put the salsa in the green pepper in the middle. I didn't put it on the stone RIGHT away. But I probably did after about 5-10 minutes and it was fine. If you're doing it in a pepper, be sure to find one at the store that has a nice level bottom that doesn't tip. It's really funny....I just got back from conference and had a myth dispelled for me. I had heard there were male and female peppers and one kind was better than another for this because it had a more stable bottom (4 little nubbie things instead of 3). Well, I guess that isn't true because peppers don't have a sex according to that workshop presenter. Interesing!

I am so glad you told me that because I was going to use the 3-male, 4-female thing at my show tomorrow. I was wondering about how long I should wait to put the finishing touches on my ring. Thanks, that helps a lot.

ktmoms

pamperedbecky said:
I just did this at a show not too long ago and made it for dinner last week. I put the salsa in the green pepper in the middle. I didn't put it on the stone RIGHT away. But I probably did after about 5-10 minutes and it was fine. If you're doing it in a pepper, be sure to find one at the store that has a nice level bottom that doesn't tip. It's really funny....I just got back from conference and had a myth dispelled for me. I had heard there were male and female peppers and one kind was better than another for this because it had a more stable bottom (4 little nubbie things instead of 3). Well, I guess that isn't true because peppers don't have a sex according to that workshop presenter. Interesing!
I thought that the difference between the 3 and 4 nubbie things was to do with Salad Peppers that you each raw, and Cooking peppers! Has anyone else heard that?

Male/Female peppersI have heared that they are called male/female because the one with three nubs is stronger, and the one with 4 nubs is sweeter. Not necessarily better/worse...just depends on the taste you prefer.

According to...the head of the Test Kitchens at home office, the color and length of time on the vine determine sweetness. The number of nubbies just indicate the species/variety (I'm probably using the wrong word). For bell peppers the green color indicates that the peppers are not mature. They change color as they stay on the vine.

Poblano peppers are not as spicy as jalapeno peppers and to sub with green peppers if a recipe calls for Poblano and you cannot find them. Also, did you know that you can increase a peppers spiciness by rubbing it with your hands (while the pepper is whole)?

I'm telling you guys...DO NOT MISS CONFERENCE, if you can avoid it. If you get an opportunity to listen to a tape of the workshop, "Want a Show with Wow? Increase your Show Know-how" take it. Listen to that tape several times. The tips are invaluable!! :)

One more thingIf you want to place a pepper in the middle as a salsa cup or whatever and it is uneven just slice off a little of the bottom. It won't matter to your presentation. It will stand straight and firm.

Chef Kearns said:
the head of the Test Kitchens at home office, the color and length of time on the vine determine sweetness. The number of nubbies just indicate the species/variety (I'm probably using the wrong word). For bell peppers the green color indicates that the peppers are not mature. They change color as they stay on the vine.

Poblano peppers are not as spicy as jalapeno peppers and to sub with green peppers if a recipe calls for Poblano and you cannot find them. Also, did you know that you can increase a peppers spiciness by rubbing it with your hands (while the pepper is whole)?

I'm telling you guys...DO NOT MISS CONFERENCE, if you can avoid it. If you get an opportunity to listen to a tape of the workshop, "Want a Show with Wow? Increase your Show Know-how" take it. Listen to that tape several times. The tips are invaluable!! :)

You must have been in the same workshop I was! I heard all those same things. I do love all those tips. I just need to remember them at my shows! :)

Serving Taco & Chicken RingsI fix alot of rings at my shows and the way that I serve mine is on the Simple Additions Large Square Platter. I use the Lift and Serve to move it to the platter and then garnish the ring with the lettuce. It works great and you don't have to wait for it to cool and it looks pretty along with using some more PC products
Brandy ;)

That's a good way to show the Lift and Serve. I don't think I've EVER demonstrated that at a show! This will give me the perfect opportunity to.

Great TipI usually don't demo my Simple Additions at my shows. I know I am limiting myself. They are beautiful though. I love them at my home, but I just doin't seem to push them very much at my shows.

Like I just said in another post, just wait until you hear another announcement about how difficult it's been to lug lots of products to shows. I almost always use Simple Additions at my shows. Whether it's to put food in that I made or letting the host use it to serve veggies and dips or something like that. And they sell like crazy. Especially the Small Bowls and Small Bowl Caddy. I think the new SA's will be hot items. Be sure to show them because people who don't cook but love to entertain seem to go crazy for them. They're so versatile. And I think the new stripes will be hot items.

1. How do I use the Taco/Club Ring Stone to serve sauces and greens?

To use the Taco/Club Ring Stone, place it on a flat surface and fill the rings with your desired sauces and greens. The stone will keep everything neatly contained and prevent spills.

2. Can I use the Taco/Club Ring Stone in the oven?

No, the Taco/Club Ring Stone is not oven-safe. It should only be used for serving and not for cooking or baking.

3. How do I clean the Taco/Club Ring Stone?

The stone should be hand washed with warm, soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on the stone.

4. Can I use the Taco/Club Ring Stone for hot sauces?

Yes, the stone is safe to use with hot sauces. However, be careful when handling the stone as it may retain heat.

5. Is the Taco/Club Ring Stone dishwasher safe?

Yes, the stone is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • ahammons