• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some unique services I can offer for a last-minute silent auction?

In summary, the parent emailed me asking for items or services for a silent auction that is for a school-related event. I do not have any products or services that would be appropriate and I am thinking about offering a cooking show with a $20 discount.
marthavela
I received an email from my website from a parent at my sons school requesting products or services for a silent auction THIS Saturday. The auction is for a fast growing Martial Arts Academy that her daughters attend and they are holding fundraisers for new equipment and is not school related. I don't keep products on hand and I know I probably won't get products in time for this Sat. I am thinking about offering (as separate items for the auction) 2 shows (kitchen/catalog) with $20 discount to the host for their order over $40. Shows must be held by May 31.

This is my first offer like this, I've only done the regular kitchen/catalog shows and a few kitchen fundraisers.

Any suggestions on the offer or anything that I should add?? Just tryinh to think of something that will "pulled" them in.

Also worried about offering the $20 discount. Some of my past hosts have had so much free products and discounts that they don't end up paying much. Again, this would be great for my hosts and any future bookings.

Help!

maybe word is as an in home cooking class for them and 10 of their friends. Offer to bring the ingredients for a power cooking class where each guest gets to bring one meal home.

dunno... i'm still new at this too

I recently donated an item for a drawing to benefit the American Cancer Society. I donated the small bowl caddy with a pair of small bowls, and then made a gift certificate good for 20% off the winner's next order (basically my commission). We'll see if it gets any attention from the winner. :)

I have donated items to silent auctions and never have heard back from any of the winners, now when asked - I offer a gift certificate. That way they can get what they want and they have to contact me. And I get a name and contact information.

love the gift certificate idea

I have also donated things for benefits and auctions... not once have I heard from a winner. I even stuck my business card in boxes. I also donated a huge basket of products to my daughter's school basket raffle for Catholic Schools week. In it I put a gc for a free cooking show as well as a discount card. Haven't heard a PEEP!

Go with a gift certificate... then they have to contact you to use it. I would just make one up with the value you choose and attach it to a catalog and send that.

I like the idea of a cooking class too. Although I've never done one or been to a cooking class except for Girl Scouts back in 4th grade. :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I am doing a silent auction next week. I turned my business cards into mini "coupons" that offer % off the next order if they mention the fundraiser. I will keep you posted if I have any success.

Oooh, hard call without items to actually donate. I always donate stuff that I got at 60% off, 50% off or for free! That way, I don't have to pay full price! LOL I think at an auction, more people are apt to bid on a tangible item vs. the unknown. So if you don't have anything to physically donate, you should consider a personal Gift Certificate (redeemable only with YOU) for a set dollar amount. How much are you willing to donate? $20, $25, $50? I really do think that would go over better than doing a free cooking show or even a percentage off of their show or order. ;)And I have had GREAT luck donating items! I donated a bamboo bowl, with a Season's best (and a business card) inside. Covered it with saran wrap (couldn't find cellophane here in Japan!) and put a bow on it. A couple of months later, I was working a booth and a customer mentioned that she was a fan of PC & had fought for something at a raffle at ... yup, at the school I donated to! I described the item I donated & she was the winner. We got to chatting, she booked a show & is now a member on my team! :D

I just had a BRILLIANT idea! Donate a 2nd item ... a discount for someone who wants to start their new business on their kit! :D If you get a bite, woohoo! If no one takes it, nothing lost other than the time to design & print the coupon, right? If it works you have to create a Chef Success signature that reads "Martha loves Sheila's ideas!" LOL

Awesome ideas, y'all have been a BIG help. I'm liking the gift certificate idea and the business cards discounts. Thanks a bunch!!

Sheila - your on! I'll let you how it goes.

1. What type of services do you offer for silent auctions?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of services for silent auctions, including cooking demonstrations, recipe consultations, and personalized cooking classes.

2. How do I book a service for a silent auction?

To book a service for a silent auction, simply contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant in your area. They will be able to assist you in choosing the best service for your event.

3. Can I customize the service for my event?

Yes, our services for silent auctions can be customized to fit the needs and theme of your event. Our consultants will work with you to create a personalized experience that will be memorable for your guests.

4. Are there any fees associated with booking a service for a silent auction?

There are no fees associated with booking a service for a silent auction. Our consultants provide these services as a way to give back to the community and support charitable events.

5. How will the proceeds from the service be handled?

The proceeds from the service will be donated directly to the organization or charity hosting the silent auction. Our consultants do not take a portion of the proceeds, as their goal is to support the cause and help raise funds for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
krahema
  • gailz2