• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Serrated or Vegetable Peeler??

In summary, a serrated peeler and a vegetable peeler differ mainly in their blade design. A serrated peeler has jagged teeth, making it better for softer or delicate produce, while a vegetable peeler has a smooth blade, making it better for tougher or thicker-skinned produce. For peeling potatoes, a serrated peeler is recommended for its ability to grip and remove the skin without wasting too much of the potato flesh. A serrated peeler can also be used for other fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes, kiwis, or peaches. However, a vegetable peeler is usually the better option for peeling carrots due to its smooth blade. It is not necessary to have both types of peelers in
Jillmami
Which is better to recommend to someone who definitely does NOT want to buy both peelers? She usually peels potatoes/apples/cukes/zucchini.

For those I recommend the Vegetable Peeler. The Serrated Peeler is really for softer fruits like peaches, plums, and nectarines.

if we still had the old peeler I would say Veg, but now that I have the Serrated that is my "GO to" peeler. I find that my Veg peeler is really dull unless I use it left handed. Maybe it's just mine but I LOVE the serrated peeler!

I LOVE the vegetable peeler and I use it for everything. :)

If possible, I'd let her try both and choose the one she prefers better. With those types of items, the type of blade doesn't really matter quite as much, both will do the job, but she may not like how the serrated peeler is held or she might love it.

etteluap70PC said:
if we still had the old peeler I would say Veg, but now that I have the Serrated that is my "GO to" peeler. I find that my Veg peeler is really dull unless I use it left handed. Maybe it's just mine but I LOVE the serrated peeler!

I agree! LOVE the serrated peeler!

I say the veggie peeler. I find that it takes a couple more times to peel carrots with the serrated. I'm with raebates and cookingwithdot!

Serrated Peeler!! I use it for everything! It seems to take less effort than the veggie peeler. Definitely let the guest try both if possible, not everyone adjusts well to holding their peeler differently.

serrated peeler ! I use it for everything. guess it's a personal choice.

What is the difference between a serrated peeler and a vegetable peeler?

The main difference between a serrated peeler and a vegetable peeler is the blade. A serrated peeler has small, jagged teeth on the blade, while a vegetable peeler has a smooth blade. This makes a serrated peeler better for peeling softer or more delicate fruits and vegetables, while a vegetable peeler is better for tougher or thicker-skinned produce.

Which type of peeler is better for peeling potatoes?

For peeling potatoes, a serrated peeler is the better option. The jagged teeth on the blade help to grip and remove the thin skin without taking off too much of the potato flesh. This results in less waste and a smoother peeling process.

Can a serrated peeler be used for other fruits and vegetables besides potatoes?

Yes, a serrated peeler can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables. It is especially useful for peeling softer or more delicate produce, such as tomatoes, kiwis, or peaches. The serrated blade helps to prevent the fruit or vegetable from slipping out of your hands while peeling.

Is a vegetable peeler better for peeling carrots?

Yes, a vegetable peeler is usually the better option for peeling carrots. The smooth blade allows for a clean and even peeling of the tough carrot skin. However, a serrated peeler can also be used for carrots if you prefer a more textured peel.

Do I need both a serrated peeler and a vegetable peeler in my kitchen?

Having both types of peelers can be useful, but it is not necessary. You can achieve similar results with either type of peeler, so it ultimately comes down to personal preference. If you frequently work with a variety of fruits and vegetables, having both types of peelers may be beneficial. Otherwise, one type of peeler should suffice for most tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefLisa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies