• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seriously Considering Pampered Chef

In summary, Angie moved 3,000 miles from her home and is considering joining the direct marketing company, Pamper Your Kitchen. She had success with another direct marketing company, but is worried about starting over in an environment where she knows only 10 people. She has been reading the comments and has many questions, such as how many re-orders customers get and how long it takes to build a following. Michelle, the founder of Pamper Your Kitchen, welcomes Angie and offers support. Angie should reach out to her network and book a show for the company in her first month.
Mackailey
Hello!!
I've done other direct marketing companies and flopped. (with the exception of one where i made unit leader). I recently moved 3k miles from home and wondering if this opportunity is something easily pursued in an environment where I know approx. 10 ppl!! I've been reading several of you had this same problem and wondered "realisticly" how long it took you to get your feet off the ground? And any tips would be fantastic!! I worked another company that I had to book parties and it was a DISTASTER!!!! I can't emphasize that enough :eek: Also wondering since these products aren't consumable goods, how many re-orders do you get from previous hosts? Do ppl reorder from you on a regular basis? I have so many questions. The pc site sent my info to a local consultant and I still havent heard anything back from her yet :confused: .. So feel free to email me please!! Thanks

Angie

Where are you fromHi Angie!

Glad to hear you are considering the opportunity!

If you only know 10 ppl, don't be worried. If each of them knows 10 ppl, and each of those ppl know 10 ppl, etc, you will be fine! PC sells itself, so your enthusiasm for the products will only INCREASE your sales!

In regards to repeat customers, there are a lot of people who attend many more shows than just the first one. Without thinking hard, I can think of AT LEAST 15 customers who have ordered more than once. Some of the reason behind that is that people sometimes can't buy EVERYTHING they want at one time!

Where are you from? If you aren't currently working with a consultant, I would LOVE to have you on my team! If you have any other questions, please let me know!

My email is [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!

Michelle

Mackailey said:
Hello!!
I've done other direct marketing companies and flopped. (with the exception of one where i made unit leader). I recently moved 3k miles from home and wondering if this opportunity is something easily pursued in an environment where I know approx. 10 ppl!! I've been reading several of you had this same problem and wondered "realisticly" how long it took you to get your feet off the ground? And any tips would be fantastic!! I worked another company that I had to book parties and it was a DISTASTER!!!! I can't emphasize that enough :eek: Also wondering since these products aren't consumable goods, how many re-orders do you get from previous hosts? Do ppl reorder from you on a regular basis? I have so many questions. The pc site sent my info to a local consultant and I still havent heard anything back from her yet :confused: .. So feel free to email me please!! Thanks

Angie

It didn't take me long at all to get started!! I love this company, and their products sell themselves!
I had my first 5 shows booked before I even got my starter kit, and once I did get that, booked 3 more! I also recently moved away from home, and knew very few people, and through this, I've made a TON of new friends, and I wouldn't have met any of them without PC!
I also have to emphasize that the support you get from PC is unlike any other! Not only is this site great, but the support from your team is priceless.
Re-orders are VERY common, just because there's always a 'wish list' that people have, and once they use the products for themselves, they want duplicates to give as gifts or just to keep!

I'd love to help you if you need anything! Please email me at [email protected]!

Hi Angie,
What I think keeps people coming back is because everyone has to eat, therefore just about everyone cooks. I would try to get as many people as possible to book a show for you in your first month. Most people get bookings from their shows, but you don't want to solely rely in it. Get people that you may know out of town to have book parties for you. Whats good too is that we have gift registries and fund raisers which broadens it a bit more. If noone calls you I would love to work with you. I'll still help in any way I can even if you are going to work with someone else. My e-mail is below. Also, there is a great incentive if you sign this month.

Good Luck,
Debbie :) :) :)

Everybody is so quick to reply! Thanks!! :p I just remember asking friends and family to book and they were like.. "oh man not ANOTHER person who wants me to book a party!!" Im actually in TN.. Moved here from wash. state. That state I swear every single person I knew was doing some sort of direct marketing! I think being in the south, actually helps. They LOVE to have get togethers here!! I sent the info off yesterday, I will give her a few more hours to respond and might email somebody the opportunity!! PS-can you have "online" parties? I'm a moderator for another forum and would love to have my members perhaps have online parties? would that work?

Yes!Yes you can have on line parties. If you go up to the top of the page and click on search and type in on line parties, you can find info on this site. :)

Online PartiesHi,

I would think that you could have an online party.......

Another thing you can do is get set up with your own PC website. Customers can order directly from your website as well.

It also sounds like you have experience in running a home based business, so it sounds like you will do fine!

This site is a HUGE wealth of information! I know you will find great info on here, and probably make some friends along the way!!!

Did you have any other questions? If you do, let me know, and hopefully I can help you out, whether you sign with me or not! :) That's what it's all about here. Helping each other out!

Take Care!

I hope to hear soon that you are ready to sign/have signed! :) It's a great opportunity, not only to meet new friends, but to earn extra income, and free products as well! It is an experience you will not regret!

Good luck!

Michelle

Mackailey said:
Everybody is so quick to reply! Thanks!! :p I just remember asking friends and family to book and they were like.. "oh man not ANOTHER person who wants me to book a party!!" Im actually in TN.. Moved here from wash. state. That state I swear every single person I knew was doing some sort of direct marketing! I think being in the south, actually helps. They LOVE to have get togethers here!! I sent the info off yesterday, I will give her a few more hours to respond and might email somebody the opportunity!! PS-can you have "online" parties? I'm a moderator for another forum and would love to have my members perhaps have online parties? would that work?

I know what you mean about the south! I moved from Northern Ohio to Kentucky, and while Kentucky isn't in the deep south, it's pretty southern to me! After moving to Columbus (Ohio) for a year before I moved here, I've really had to get used to even waving at people (without fear of something bad happening to you!) :)
You will be in my prayers starting your new business! It's so exciting!

Hi!

I'm a recent transplant from one state to another, so I can assure you it can be done!! Actually, when I started the business 5 years, I did not know very many people, since I had been a full-time executive assistant and spent long hours at the job. I hosted my own shows with mothers from my childrens classes. When I moved, I set up tables at flea markets/craft shows to get some leads and I hosted my own Ice Cream Social at my home (I went fromn door to door to introduce myself to my new neighbors and it was those that I actually spoke to that came to my house). It was a mystery host show also, which made a good "hook!"

This is a great time to join the Pampered Chef, as it's our 25th Anniversary. There is a yet-to-be disclosed signing bonus for those who join in July, but if last year's bonus is any indication, it's sure to be amazing!! I think our HO is giving us a heads up, so that we have time to spread the news (even if we don't really know what the full scoop is!).

Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions for you! We're looking forward to having you join us as a fellow consultant. ;)

Best regards,

I have a bad habit of "jumping head first" into some not so smart business ideas w/rather unrealistic expectations. So I wanted to go w/a company I KNOW I like and I KNOW others like. P.S. Ya'll realize my dh is probably gonna kill me for doing this since he's lived through my other direct marketing fiascos :rolleyes:

Mackailey said:
I have a bad habit of "jumping head first" into some not so smart business ideas w/rather unrealistic expectations. So I wanted to go w/a company I KNOW I like and I KNOW others like. P.S. Ya'll realize my dh is probably gonna kill me for doing this since he's lived through my other direct marketing fiascos :rolleyes:
Just moved and already saying 'ya'll'. Quick learner :)

Just getting started myself.I am just signing up as well and I already love this company. I was so scared about not getting any bookings and I got 2 last night at the fireworks display. I couldn't believe it. When I signed up for my kick-off show I was so worried about getting enough bookings to get started and now I have 3 catalog shows and 4 kitchen shows scheduled and I still don't have my kit yet. I really want those mid-season fall products!! I really pushed the 2 dates last night and one of the shows I booked took the date I wanted her to and the other said she'd do a catalog show between the 1st and the 15th of August. I can't wait to get started. I'm still really nervous. I practice shows everyday in the living room of course, but I'm trying to learn the catalog and the order forms and stuff. I like to OVER PREPARE as you can probably tell, but I really want to do well.

Donna...sounds like you are off to an AWESOME START! WOW! Let us know how it goes!

Made up my mind. I think I'm gonna go for it!! I really like the products and will just let my enthusiasm show when I tell ppl about how wonderful they all are! Great group of ppl here w/loads of information!! Thanks!! :D

Angie,

It sounds like everyone has given you a lot to think of and covered. One think about PC is they are changing and adding products all the time. I have several repeat hosts and many of my customers call or email with new orders. It's alot different then the other companys, I think we have the best commission structure, and we don't pay anything for host like some do and the host incentives come from PC we don't have to pay a dime. You get a raise at $15,000 in sales and all kinds of incentives, free stuff to earn all you want. I started and didn't have any family and did the reach with people I new. I did a 100 list and sent a letter off and got my shows I needed to start my business. It's been a fun ride these last 3.5 years. I'm going to conference and set my goals.

Like everyone email me or anyone with any questions and you can get started today if you like, we can set you right up and start your new business and friendships.

Good Luck!.
:)

Just saw the post about ya'll .. ROFL.. I didn't even notice I posted that.. LOL :D

Mackailey said:
Just saw the post about ya'll .. ROFL.. I didn't even notice I posted that.. LOL :D

I've started to pick up on that, too.. :)
I'm so excited for you! What part of TN are you in? (my hubby and I are off to Gatlinburg in 2 weeks for his birthday...can't wait!)

Mackailey said:
Made up my mind. I think I'm gonna go for it!! I really like the products and will just let my enthusiasm show when I tell ppl about how wonderful they all are! Great group of ppl here w/loads of information!! Thanks!! :D
That's really exciting!! Obviously the National Conference this year is probably too soon to think about going, but definitely keep it in mind for next year! It's a great source of energy, support, motivation, information and FUN!! Congratulations to you for making the decision to join us. I'm sure you'll love it. Post any and all questions and you'll find that everything gets answered here. I love this forum! Good luck to you. You'll have so much fun once you sign up and get your kit because then you can practice everything. Have a great time with it!

:)

Pampered Chef is GREAT!You are right about southerners lovin their food!! I am from Texas and will be moving back there from Oklahoma in a year. We associate good times with food!!

MacKailey - You will find this forun to be a great place to come to when you need new ideas, help and support. I just completed my Super Starter period (first 3 months) with complete success and I thank this forum for helping me. Ofcourse my recruiter and director were great helpers too!! But you will shortly find out that Pampered Chef wants you to be successful and so does your team. Good Luck with your Pampered Chef business!! It is so rewarding!!

Thanks! I'm a little nervous considering the first person I just told said "whats pampered chef" :confused: .. So I might have my work cut out for me lol.. But I know it's not gonna happen overnight and like I said. A good product sells itself, they just have to see it in action and they'll be hooked.. :D

See, I think that's good! You have an untapped market if that person isn't familiar with PC. That's one way to put a positive spin on it. And once they see the products in action, they'll be so glad they've been introduced to PC. Good luck!

Those are the best ones!!Angie,
Those are the best people to have shows for you! Once they see the product and try the product, they love the product. The people who are at the shows whom have never heard of PC or used PC become PC junkies. I'm not kidding you. My sister-in-laws mother attended one of my PC shows and it was her first. She spent $100 and she wants me to invite her to one of my upcoming shows so she can see more stuff and buy more stoneware. She just loves the stoneware. Tell them how great the products are. Good Luck with the bookings.

That's not bad to hear if you can get her to a show at your house or have her do one she will realize what she is missing. I did when I first got to know PC. With your excitement it should help. Good Luck.!!! :)

Debbie is right - people who aren't too famliar with Pampered Chef are the best people to have shows with!! It's all new to them and they will get hooked!!

And on the other hand, even people who think they have everything are the best too because chances are, they don't have everything! Pampered Chef comes out with new things atleast twice a year along with mid season products to keep it fresh! I just had a show with a bunch of women who thought they had everything too - I honestly think they came to the show to eat and maybe order something small....it ended up being a $900 show! They saw all the new spring/summer products and the products that since came out after their last PC party! They were amazed to say the least! Now they all want to be the first to know about all the new things coming out again this fall!! So really it's hard to tell how a show will end up, but you will be able to see how much people love or will grow to love Pampered Chef!

OK, just signed the agreement so it's official :D So now I just tried to get into the pc site and I don't have a password. So called that number and it just had me put in my ssn over and over and over again. Plus, I noticed that my consultant number is 5 digits not 6?? :eek:

Angie,
They will send you your consultant # and password via e-mail. The # you are trying to use is your agreement #. I also did the same thing. You should receive your # soon.

Debbie,
OMG.. thats too funny. I looked again your right, it says "consultant agreement id" :p I'm glad I'm not the only one..ROFL

Angie

Congrats and good luck Angie! Its easy to stay in love with being a PC consultant with all the incentives PC offers and all the encourgement this website gives. In my humble opinion I think PC is the best and most fun direct sales job to have. (of course I am biased) :D

Congrats!You are going to have a ball, Mackailey! Pampered Chef has been a part of my life since January 2005. You are going to love the first 3 months...there's so much FREE stuff to earn! Not to mention you are getting paid to PARTY....
And after the first 3 months, it keeps coming...You'll get to love your UPS driver!
Have fun and good luck to you!
Jill :)

CongratulationsCongrats and best wishes Angie! Keep coming to the boards for lots more help and advice! We want to know how you're doing!

Question 1: What makes Pampered Chef different from other direct marketing companies?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools and products that are backed by a strong brand and reputation. They also have a strong focus on training and support for their consultants, making it easier for them to succeed.

Question 2: Is it possible to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant in a new environment with few connections?

Yes, it is possible to be successful in a new environment. Many consultants have found success by utilizing social media, hosting virtual parties, and reaching out to their local community to build their network.

Question 3: How long does it typically take to establish a successful business as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The time it takes to establish a successful business can vary depending on individual effort and dedication. Some consultants have found success in a few months, while others may take longer. It is important to consistently work on building your business and connecting with potential customers.

Question 4: How often do customers reorder from previous hosts?

This can vary from customer to customer, but many Pampered Chef products are designed to last a long time, so customers may not need to reorder frequently. However, there are also seasonal products and new releases that can encourage customers to make repeat purchases.

Question 5: How can I get in touch with a local Pampered Chef consultant for more information?

You can contact Pampered Chef directly through their website, or you can reach out to local consultants through social media or by attending one of their events. You can also ask the company to connect you with a consultant in your area. Additionally, some consultants may offer their email for further communication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpatrice
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Maria Harrison-Edge