• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Biz with Our September Newsletter - Subscribe Now!

In summary, the conversation is about a newsletter service that Linda subscribed to but ended up not using as much as she thought she would. She then shares her customized newsletter with the group and offers tips on how to copy and paste it into an email. There is also a discussion about typos and the use of tables in the newsletter.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Remember last month I told you all I was subscribing to a newsletter service so that I could focus more time on my biz? And how I thought this would be great? Well, as it turns out, I just can't let it go! I spent more time customizing my subscription newsletter and then re-writing it :yuck: that it just didn't seem worth it! I like reading other people's newsletters, but when it comes down to it - I just prefer sending my customers my own work. So, here it is - use it if you want, just be sure to change the contact info. And, if some of the content looks familiar to you, well I probably 'borrowed' it from you.....;)

Attachments

• 2007 September Pampered Chef News.doc
    597 KB · Views: 654
It looks great Linda! How do you send it out to all your customers?

Thanks for sharing Linda!

I copy and paste it into the body of my email.

Note, the entire newsletter is written in TABLES. So, if you are changing anything be aware of that. You might want to highlight it before you begin so you can see where the table lines are.....

WOW that's great, Linda!

I especially LOVE your Trivets for Terry. I'd LOVE to do something like this!

Looks great, Linda.

There's a typo in the recipe, though. In step 4, it says "While pasts simmers" instead of PASTA.

Off topic: aren't the caringbridge sites great? My sister has one for my nephew, Owen Roth.

Thanks Linda, I'll try that! Do your customers have a hard time reading it with the tables in there?

Hmm, when I go to paste it into my email ... All the pictures do not show up. Anyone have any idea why that is?

Great job, Linda! I like how you added the new opportunity phone number for them to listen! I need to remember to add that to mine!

Linda,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :love: I too signed up for a newsletter service but like you, I found that I had to spend a great deal of time changing things.

Thank you for sharing your hard work with me. I really appreciate your effort.

Oh Linda, I knew you wouldn't let me down. You know I :love: ya!!!
I have not even had a chance to start yet. You are such an :angel:

Thank You soooo much!!! I love it!

Could I just attach this on an e-mail? Do you think people would take the time to "open" it if I did it that way?

Laurie,
Sometimes it makes a difference if you copy and paste or select all, copy then paste.

I send my newsletter as an attachment, but I have comcast and it allows me tot do that, when I had aol-dial up, it didn't allow me to do that. Great newsletter Linda! Beautiful!!

I figured out how to cut and paste it. It worked great! As you can probably tell, I'm not so up on my computer skills! :0)

Thank you so much, Dear Heart!!! I always liked your emails. Though I still tweaked them a bit I didn't have to tweak as much as with others. We think along the same lines as far as our newsletters go!!

I'm glad you're back!

i did the select all, copy and paste ... it didnt show up for some reason, i used yahoo though .. maybe thats why?

chefann said:
Looks great, Linda.

There's a typo in the recipe, though. In step 4, it says "While pasts simmers" instead of PASTA.

Off topic: aren't the caringbridge sites great? My sister has one for my nephew, Owen Roth.
Thanks Ann. I read and reread that thing too! And, of course spell checker doesn't catch it when you use the WRONG word! Oh well.

abrahamlaur said:
Thanks Linda, I'll try that! Do your customers have a hard time reading it with the tables in there?
They don't even see the tables. I write this in Word, then do a Select All, copy it and paste it into my email and send it on. I use Outlook for email. I canvas my customers from time to time and they all tell me that is comes across to them just fine.

Chef Kearns said:
Thank you so much, Dear Heart!!! I always liked your emails. Though I still tweaked them a bit I didn't have to tweak as much as with others. We think along the same lines as far as our newsletters go!!

I'm glad you're back!
You are so welcome! I think part of it I borrowed from the one you posted!

Yes, great minds (like ours) do think alike:D !

You're funny Linda, you just couldn't let go- heehee and you rock too! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing it looks great!!

This is great, Linda thanks! I'm like you - I like to make my own newsletter but I think I'm going to borrow some of this one. I like your call for help. Just reading it made ME want to host a show for you! Let's hope it works for our customers!

Ps. Linda just wondering why you want this to top your highest month in sept? for the cookware P-O-R? Or jump start your fall bookings?

Thanks so much Linda! I haven't had time to even think of my newsletter. Yours is always so gorgeous!

pamperedlinda said:
I copy and paste it into the body of my email.

Note, the entire newsletter is written in TABLES. So, if you are changing anything be aware of that. You might want to highlight it before you begin so you can see where the table lines are.....

It totally worked! I am so excited! I have been sending my newsletters as attachments because I couldn't get everything to stay put. Thanks!

Christ Follower said:
I figured out how to cut and paste it. It worked great! As you can probably tell, I'm not so up on my computer skills! :0)

Ellen,

How did you make it work? I usually send as an attachment but I'd rather just have it right there for everyone to read.

heat123 said:
Ps. Linda just wondering why you want this to top your highest month in sept? for the cookware P-O-R? Or jump start your fall bookings?
Hey Heather,

Yes, and Yes.....and I'm also trying to earn the Cruise....and I'm actively recruiting! Plus, my Exec challenged us a while back to have a WOW month, I couldn't do it when she issued the challenge so I'm doing it now.

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Heather,

Yes, and Yes.....and I'm also trying to earn the Cruise....and I'm actively recruiting! Plus, my Exec challenged us a while back to have a WOW month, I couldn't do it when she issued the challenge so I'm doing it now.

Linda - you inspire me! I don't think I can shoot for 10K - I only have 3 weeks in Sept for shows. but I have 8 shows, 1 fundraiser, and 3 Catalog shows - so I think I will make my goal $7000 and make it my best month ever too!

I'm rooting for you Becky!

Whoooo hooooo- (cheers) for Linda and Becky good luck ladies! Let us know how it goes!?!

Okay, I did mine again. Here it is if you'd like to see it. Linda I stole your new products banner. I really liked that. For some reason when I send it to myself I can't see the pictures. I sent it to my husband and he got the pics. I'm not going to send it to my customers until I can figure that out. I also need to change the color of the borders. I can't seem to figure that one out either. I can't seem to click on the right spot to do it anyway.

Here it is, guys:

Attachments

• September Newsletter Mine 07.doc
    1.3 MB · Views: 484
Chef Kearns said:
Okay, I did mine again. Here it is if you'd like to see it. Linda I stole your new products banner. I really liked that. For some reason when I send it to myself I can't see the pictures. I sent it to my husband and he got the pics. I'm not going to send it to my customers until I can figure that out. I also need to change the color of the borders. I can't seem to figure that one out either. I can't seem to click on the right spot to do it anyway.

Here it is, guys:

I think to change the borders you need to select the "cell" and then go to Format-Borders and Shading.

abrahamlaur said:
i did the select all, copy and paste ... it didnt show up for some reason, i used yahoo though .. maybe thats why?

Did you get this to work yet? I have selected all and then pasted and don't get any of the pictures to show up...HELP!!!

no i havent gotten it to work, i event sent it to my gmail account and my yahoo and nothing shows up

Anyone else have any suggestions?

abrahamlaur said:

I can't see any of my email images in my Yahoo account either. I just chatted with someone on their Help program. They said it was a connectiviity issue. I had to delet my Cache and remove my web files (whatever that means) and they also had me erase my web history. I still couldn't see any images. The only email that I was able to view with images was one from Home Depot.

If you are using Word try doing File then Send to and click on Mail Recipient (NOT "for review" or "As attachment". It should embed the images into the e-mail better. That is, if you are set up for that type of e-mailing. I will be setting up my new computer for that so if you need help, I should be remembering how to do it tonight or tomorrow.

When I send e-mails from my PWS I have had people tell me that the images don't show up. I have e-mailed newsletters doing it the way I described above and have had a lot less problems with people not seeing images. I always send one to myself to proof and then will send it on to my Yahoo group.

chef_kimmo said:
If you are using Word try doing File then Send to and click on Mail Recipient (NOT "for review" or "As attachment". It should embed the images into the e-mail better. That is, if you are set up for that type of e-mailing. I will be setting up my new computer for that so if you need help, I should be remembering how to do it tonight or tomorrow.

This is the way I do it and usually don't have any problems with the pics being deleted.

Okay Kim....HUH? You know me girl, I have no clue as to what you're talking about! I can see the images now. They want me to switch to Beta. When I'm in their Beta format I can see my images. That stinks because I don't like their Beta format. There are too many boxes on the screen and the spot to read my emails is too small.

how do you set up your computer to do that? i tried and it just says the connection failed. i can never set up my outlook either, it never works .. i'd love to use it though if someoen can help me

abrahamlaur said:
how do you set up your computer to do that? i tried and it just says the connection failed. i can never set up my outlook either, it never works .. i'd love to use it though if someoen can help me

My first thought is, were you connected to the Internet? If so, then it would know which e-mail account to use (if you have never done this you may need to set it up). The only reason I ask is because it said "connection failed". I have DSL and my connection stays up all the time while I do different things.

I didn't have a chance to set up the new computer last night but will and will come back on here once I remember exactly how to explain what to do.

Chef Kearns said:
Okay Kim....HUH? You know me girl, I have no clue as to what you're talking about! I can see the images now. They want me to switch to Beta. When I'm in their Beta format I can see my images. That stinks because I don't like their Beta format. There are too many boxes on the screen and the spot to read my emails is too small.

I like Yahoo Beta, but then again I like things in the Outlook format better and being given more options in my e-mail. I do have one account (my PC e-mail) I was paying for the upgrade and I don't have the boxes like you are seeing. On my personal one, I do see the boxes and the screen is smaller for reading but then again I think that is from using the Yahoo format.

Let me play with mine and when you have extra time (which I know you never do) maybe we can go over this on the phone. It would be easier than posting.

i have dsl also, so my connection is always connected also ... dont know what it could be then?

pamperedlinda said:
Remember last month I told you all I was subscribing to a newsletter service so that I could focus more time on my biz? And how I thought this would be great? Well, as it turns out, I just can't let it go! I spent more time customizing my subscription newsletter and then re-writing it :yuck: that it just didn't seem worth it! I like reading other people's newsletters, but when it comes down to it - I just prefer sending my customers my own work. So, here it is - use it if you want, just be sure to change the contact info. And, if some of the content looks familiar to you, well I probably 'borrowed' it from you.....;)

Linda,
I have never sent out newsletters before, but am going to now. I love your newsletter and hope it is ok to change my info and send it out?
Schel

Hey Guys - I have updated Linda's for Canada...I will post in Canadian Corner too :)

fixed typo :)

Attachments

• SeptemberNews07.doc
    595.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by a moderator:
September Newsletter 2007Won't send until Aug 31.
Rita

Attachments

• September News 07.doc
    537.5 KB · Views: 338
Thanks Rita!!:thumbup: It's great to have you back!;)

rwester said:
Won't send until Aug 31.
Rita
I wasn't sure you actually came back, someone mentioned seeing you post recently but now I know it's true! Welcome back Rita!:p We missed ya!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • jwpamp