• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sept. Fair Table Display Ideas?

We usually do one table of new products, one table of the PC signature items; stoneware, cookware, chopper, etc. One table is information; opportunity, fundraisers, free recipe cards, mini catalogs, our raffle items, etc. We also wear our aprons and have clip boards and drawing slips available. It is important to determine your goals and space before setting up your display. Some suggestions include focusing on new products to attract customers, displaying the new Consultant's kit for recruiting, or setting up an elegantly displayed dinner table for bridal showers/wedding registries. It is also important to be mindful of safety, such as
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm doing my first fair in Sept. Any ideas on what I should bring, how to set up, etc?

I have 2 this month. We usually do one table of new products, one table of the PC signature items; stoneware, cookware, chopper, etc. One table is information; opportunity, fundraisers, free recipe cards, mini catalogs, our raffle items, etc. Wear your apron, don't forget clip boards, drawing slips. There may be some information/pictures on this board. Good luck, have fun

I also do a fair in September each year. Your display is easily determined by your amount of space to set up in, as well as your goals!

For example, if you have a small space to work in/on, I suggest focusing on the new products. This way, you will attract even "seasoned" customers, as you will have something that will attract them to your booth, versus the "same ol' thing" they've seen so much of!

If you want to focus on recruiting, display the new Consultant's kit as attractively as possible.

If you're focusing on bridal showers/wedding registries, you might want to display a dinner table, eloquently displayed....see what I mean?

At my fair, I use 2 tables, but they are only 2 feet by 4 feet each. I put myself in between the tables, with one in front of me and one behind me. Behind me is the display of products, while in front of me is catalogs, recipe cards, host/guest specials, etc.
(I had to do this because one year a lady came thru and stole a couple of large candles from another vendor's table, and I also realized later that she'd taken my Season's Best cookbook off of my table as well!)
When I talk to people, I do allow them to come back for closer looks, etc., but otherwise it seems to work out well this way.

Oh, and I never take knives that I would leave out, especially unattended for any length of time. They are just too sharp, and too dangerous, in my opinion, due to the many small children that could be hurt!!

Hope that helps! Fairs are awesome!! I also do a drawing, usually for a FREE cooking show, which everyone wins!! But, I don't just hand a drawing slip to everyone. I keep them out of sight, then give them to someone whenever I feel they are a solid lead. I just don't want to spend the time weeding out the ones that are definitely going nowhere.
When they do fill them out, I have them give them to me. When they leave, I then write on the slips any little "memory trigger" that will later help me when I call them later. After hours of a fair, you think you'll remember them, but trust me, you don't!! lol
These are things like....red-headed lady, older lady with 3 grandchildren with her, young bride-to-be, getting married next year, etc.

Thanks for the tips. I have a booth fair this month coming up. We only get one six foot table. I was planning on just putting out a few of the new items out.

I have two fairs in Sept. One has a theme of going green so I will be showcasing the bamboo items and the other theme is Team Spririt. What I am doing for that I have no idea LOL That one is a business expo in my town that the town council puts together for local businesses for free. We do not pay anything other than a raffle item. They even provide canopies for the outdoors :) and do all the advertising. I can do any team theme but being in New England I would probably be frowned upon if I did anything other than Red Sox, Bruins, or Celtics LOL I thought about Celtics when we had so many green items but now that most of them are being retired after this month that does not leave me much LOL Red Sox colors are Red and White and Patriots are Silver and Blue. Why can't New England do Cranberry and White, how much easier would that have been LOL I also do the drawing for free cooking show this way you only get people filling them out that really want a show anyways. But as you read everyone on this website, the key is in the followup :)

Patriots are Silver and Blue.

Use a blue table cloth and focus on the stainless products!

Fluffy215 said:
I have two fairs in Sept. One has a theme of going green so I will be showcasing the bamboo items and the other theme is Team Spririt. What I am doing for that I have no idea LOL That one is a business expo in my town that the town council puts together for local businesses for free. We do not pay anything other than a raffle item. They even provide canopies for the outdoors :) and do all the advertising. I can do any team theme but being in New England I would probably be frowned upon if I did anything other than Red Sox, Bruins, or Celtics LOL I thought about Celtics when we had so many green items but now that most of them are being retired after this month that does not leave me much LOL Red Sox colors are Red and White and Patriots are Silver and Blue. Why can't New England do Cranberry and White, how much easier would that have been LOL I also do the drawing for free cooking show this way you only get people filling them out that really want a show anyways. But as you read everyone on this website, the key is in the followup :)

You could also promote the game day recipes and theme shows. You're likely to meet a lot of sports fans who may be having people over to watch games.

Create height on your table and little mini-groupings. They will draw people to your table. I recently saw another consultant's display at an event. It was very flat (literally and figuratively); generated very little interest and you couldn't see what was on the table unless you were directly at it.

If you have the 3-tier stand, bring it (ask your director if you can borrow hers). If not, find other ways to creat a multi-level display (i.e. boxes under a sheet/tablecloth). Be imaginative and people will stop to look.

I agree w/creating height! I do this for my booths. I remember putting info on one of the threads about booth set-ups. I do a U-shape; put my crates stacked in the corners -more room for display; I try to cover everything we offer. I even include a demo area.

I find it is also helpful to be stationed next to different biz types, i.e. Signature Homestyles; At Home; etc. -I do not like being next to or across from Tastefully Simple or Tupperware! :grumpy:

I do have a booth coming up on the 6th for Day Care Providers, I'm still coming up w/an idea of letting me pamper them w/my biz. Anyone have ideas they'd love to share?! :confused:

:) Good Luck w/yours! :)

Two important tips: Keep it simple, and USE THE STARTER KIT! I do a fair every weekend, and used to bring a baker's rack, then 2 backer's racks - great way for bringing the kitchen feeling and sense of height, but way too much work for a daylong event. Now, I bring a single table, my starter kit and one simple thing to demo - 2 weeks ago it was QuickStir pitcher with fresh lemonade

4 small or 2 large lemons, 1 cup of sugar.
Ultimate Mandoline
Ice
Water
Tiny serving cups
Straws
Kitchen Shears to cut straws in half
Ultimate Mandoline with V blade

Cut lemons in half, pierce onto tines of food holder.
Remove lid from pitcher. Slice lemons right into pitcher. Stop with about 1/2 inch to go - when either just a little, or no fruit is left so you're not adding just pith and peel the last few slices - also, easier to get out of the UM.
Add 1 cup of sugar, fill to top with water and plunge about 10-12 times. Pour over small cups of ice, add a straw and serve.

Or, I've done APCS with "fat free apple pie" - using either sweet sprinkles or FSS cinnamon sugar.

Interest in my booth has gone up and it is SO much easier on me. Duplicatable!!

I use the old milk crate on its side and put about 1/3 of the starter kit items up on top, leave the tools out to show people or for them to play with.

Lately, everyone who sees it wants the Mix & Chop - I may have to order some to have on hand; they rarely want to place an order.

Thank you for the idea of the Patriots Blue and Silver. What a life saver this place has become :) Thank you so much :) You guys ROCK!!!!!

scottcooks said:
Two important tips: Keep it simple, and USE THE STARTER KIT! I do a fair every weekend, and used to bring a baker's rack, then 2 backer's racks - great way for bringing the kitchen feeling and sense of height, but way too much work for a daylong event. Now, I bring a single table, my starter kit and one simple thing to demo - 2 weeks ago it was QuickStir pitcher with fresh lemonade

4 small or 2 large lemons, 1 cup of sugar.
Ultimate Mandoline
Ice
Water
Tiny serving cups
Straws
Kitchen Shears to cut straws in half
Ultimate Mandoline with V blade

Cut lemons in half, pierce onto tines of food holder.
Remove lid from pitcher. Slice lemons right into pitcher. Stop with about 1/2 inch to go - when either just a little, or no fruit is left so you're not adding just pith and peel the last few slices - also, easier to get out of the UM.
Add 1 cup of sugar, fill to top with water and plunge about 10-12 times. Pour over small cups of ice, add a straw and serve.

Or, I've done APCS with "fat free apple pie" - using either sweet sprinkles or FSS cinnamon sugar.

Interest in my booth has gone up and it is SO much easier on me. Duplicatable!!

I use the old milk crate on its side and put about 1/3 of the starter kit items up on top, leave the tools out to show people or for them to play with.

Lately, everyone who sees it wants the Mix & Chop - I may have to order some to have on hand; they rarely want to place an order.

Scott,
Do you have drink ideas for a October fall show?

What are some easy and creative table display ideas for the September fair?

1. Utilize fall colors and themes: Incorporate warm, earthy tones like orange, red, and brown into your table display. You can also add elements like pumpkins, leaves, and acorns to bring in the feeling of autumn.

2. Create height and depth: Use tiered stands or risers to display your products at different levels. This adds visual interest and makes it easier for customers to see everything on your table.

3. Use props and decorations: Add some fun and festive decorations to your table, such as a tablecloth with a fall print, a banner, or a seasonal centerpiece. You can also use kitchen tools and cookware as props to showcase your products in action.

4. Offer samples: People love to try before they buy, so have some samples of your products available for customers to taste or test out. This will also attract more attention to your table and entice people to come over and see what you have to offer.

5. Keep it organized and clean: Make sure your table is neat and clutter-free. Use baskets, trays, and other organizers to keep your products and samples organized. A clean and inviting display will make it easier for customers to browse and make purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies