• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Retirement: Practical & New Items for Senior Ladies Group

And as far as the older crowd, my mom's aunt is 92 and still uses the microwave rice cooker she bought at one of my shows!In summary, the host is planning a show for a group of retired ladies who want to upgrade or replace items they already have. They do not want a traditional demo but the consultant is advised to show practical and new products suitable for their needs. Some product suggestions include a can opener, jar opener, colanders, collapsible bowls, microcookers, rice cooker, stoneware, mandoline, salad chopper, kernel cutter, holiday baking items, mix n scrapers, and quick-stir pitchers
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I'm doing a show tomorrow for a ladies retirees group. They basically want to upgrade or replace items that they have had in the past. They do not want a traditional demo. No recipe will be prepared. She is just offering coffee and squares. The host would like me just to show a few practical and or new items that would be suitable to their needs. For example, she says no cookware, they all have their sets. Basically just two person families. Any ideas of what products to present?

Can Opener for sure
Jar Opener
SS Colandars
Collapsible Bowls
Microcookers and Rice Cooker
Stoneware (my grandma LOVES the stoneware loaf and muffin pans)
Mandoline
Salad Chopper
Kernel Cutter (dentures!!!)
Holiday stuff (cookie press, easy accent decorator, cookbook, cookie sheet)
mix n scrapers
quick-stir pitchers

AND remember to show the gift flyer. These people will probably buy gifts for their sons/daugthers/grandchildren/nieces/etc.

Bakeware - stoneware might be too heavy for some folks. :(
Cooking for 2 cookbook
Veggie Peeler & serrated peeler - easy to use handles
Food chopper

I'm sure there are others, but my brain is tired tonight.

I think your host is judging her crowd without really thinking about what they may want or did they decide no demo as a group? When I first started, I did a party for a garden club - the youngest person was 75. I did not change my demo. I was new so no way could I mix it up. I did it the exact same way as every other show. We made the focaccia.The guests bought for themselves as well as for daughters and daughter in laws. I had an 80 year old fall asleep in the middle of the demo - but was told not to take offense as she did that often. When she woke up, she bought the 5" utility knife, honing tool, and cinnamon sprinkles :) As the guests were leaving, I heard a few say how fun it was, that they hadn't been to a party like this in so long... While they have cookware and the host says they don't need anymore, you should let her know that you would feel the 8 " saute pan is perfect...yes, it is her show and you don't want to dismiss her but if it were me, I would try to talk with her and let her know that most guests do enjoy demos. And promise to make it short and simple. (The pumpkin braid is perfect for this time of year and delicious with coffee.)

I so agree with Patty. I have a 93 year old aunt who orders the seasonal items every year. She is not able to decorate her home the ways she would like to , but enjoys serving guests on holiday plates. She has also ordered for her neighbors, cleaning lady and grandsons' girlfriends. Take a sampling from each group and maybe do some dips with the sprinkles as well as the dipping spices along with a loaf of French bread cubed. Enjoy their company! I bet they would love to play Queen of Shoppers!:)

doughmama said:
I think your host is judging her crowd without really thinking about what they may want or did they decide no demo as a group?

When I first started, I did a party for a garden club - the youngest person was 75. I did not change my demo. I was new so no way could I mix it up. I did it the exact same way as every other show. We made the focaccia.

The guests bought for themselves as well as for daughters and daughter in laws. I had an 80 year old fall asleep in the middle of the demo - but was told not to take offense as she did that often. When she woke up, she bought the 5" utility knife, honing tool, and cinnamon sprinkles :) As the guests were leaving, I heard a few say how fun it was, that they hadn't been to a party like this in so long...

While they have cookware and the host says they don't need anymore, you should let her know that you would feel the 8 " saute pan is perfect...

yes, it is her show and you don't want to dismiss her but if it were me, I would try to talk with her and let her know that most guests do enjoy demos. And promise to make it short and simple. (The pumpkin braid is perfect for this time of year and delicious with coffee.)

I totally agree with this! I personally wouldn't change my demo/talk. If she doesn't want to make a recipe that's fine, prepare one a head of time. But talk about the important PC stuff - cookware, knives, etc! You never know who might need new cookware (has she inspected everyone one of their cupboards), or even just a better egg pan - that pan seems to be popular with the "older" generation. Or who needs to buy for Christmas/wedding/etc.

Don't forget all the 'kid friendly' items. If they have grandkids that come and visit, they may enjoy cooking or baking with them and there are several things we have to make this safer and easier.
Mostly I would just say to try and have a good time with it! My grandmother used to tell me all the time "I already have everything I need", but after she saw me demo a few of the products, she has replaced cookie sheets, bought stoneware, updated her tools, etc. And she really snjoyed 'being wrong'! lol

Good luck and have fun!

Hi there!I'm so excited to hear about your upcoming show for the ladies retirees group. It sounds like they are looking for some practical and new items to upgrade their retirement lifestyle. I completely understand that they may not be interested in a traditional demo or preparing recipes, so I have some great ideas for you to present.First, I would recommend showcasing our line of kitchen gadgets and tools. These are perfect for two person families and can make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable. Our choppers, peelers, and graters are all great options that can upgrade their current kitchen tools.Another idea is to highlight our line of storage solutions. As retirees, they may be downsizing or looking for ways to organize their kitchen space. Our food storage containers, pantry organizers, and fridge storage solutions are all practical and can help them keep their kitchen in order.For a more luxurious upgrade, you could showcase our line of small appliances. Many retirees enjoy spending more time in the kitchen and may be interested in a new blender, food processor, or coffee maker. These items can make cooking and entertaining more enjoyable for their two person families.Lastly, I would suggest highlighting our line of entertaining and serving pieces. As they mentioned, they enjoy having coffee and squares, so why not show them some beautiful serving platters, pitchers, and coffee mugs? These items can add a touch of elegance to their gatherings and make them feel pampered.I hope these ideas help you in preparing for your show tomorrow. Remember, it's all about finding practical and new items that will enhance their retirement lifestyle. Have a great show!

What is the Senior Ladies Group?

The Senior Ladies Group is a community of women aged 60 and above who gather together to socialize, learn new skills, and enjoy delicious food together.

How often does the Senior Ladies Group meet?

The Senior Ladies Group meets once a month on the second Wednesday of each month.

Do I have to be a member of Pampered Chef to join the Senior Ladies Group?

No, you do not have to be a member of Pampered Chef to join the Senior Ladies Group. All women aged 60 and above are welcome.

What types of activities and events does the Senior Ladies Group participate in?

The Senior Ladies Group participates in a variety of activities and events such as cooking demonstrations, recipe exchanges, crafting workshops, and potluck dinners.

How can I join the Senior Ladies Group?

To join the Senior Ladies Group, simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or host and they can provide you with more information and help you get connected with the group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD