• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Tools are Best for Arthritis-Friendly Cooking?

well, with a little practice, I can do it. The summary is that the author is doing a show at a retirement community and would like to highlight arthritis-friendly tools. They have heard of some of these tools before and wonder if anyone has already posted a list or flyer. They will try to make one and post it here.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

I am doing a show at a retirement community next month and would love to highlight tools that are arthritis-friendly. I have heard of this before, and wonder if someone has already posted a list or flyer.

If not, I will try to make one and then post it here.

Thanks -

Well, there are the obvious jar opener and easy opener. I'm sure you don't wanna go just pimping out $4 tools though. :)

The egg separator is my grandma's favorite tool. She is 86 and makes boiled icing regularly so needs to separate eggs. Even tho she is not as still as she used to be she gets those eggs separated in no time with the ES.

My mother in law who just turned 80 has a few favorites.

1. Mix N' Scrapers (either of them)
2. Corn Cob Nobs
3. Salad Spinner (believe it or not LOL)
4. Quikcut Knives

My Mom-mom loves the basting brush for making pies and sauce for meats (she loves that she doesn't have to worry about the 'hairs' other brushes leave). She also uses the salad spinner, and the mandoline. She has mentioned that the food chopper is hard for her to hit...

The bamboo tools - my Sr. customers love them!
The small micro cooker for heating soup, cereal, etc....
Easy Read Measuring Cups - and I would think the new measuring cups too - because the measurements are easy to read!
The 8" saute pan is probably what I sell most to Sr. customers! When I tell them that they can fry an egg or two or make omelets w/o a lot of extra fat, and that nothing sticks...they LOVE that! In following up, I've heard nothing but praise for that pan from them! Cross sell the small nylon spatula with it!Also, it was mentioned at my cluster meeting that the new Cookie Press is wonderful for people with arthritis or carpal tunnel.

Oooh, I forgot my MIL also love the pie crust shield and the mini muffin pan :)

I qualify as a Senior, and have done several parties for ladies at a Senior Citizen's high rise in our Village. They will surprise you with the items they purchase to give as gifts. One purchased the complete set of Stainless Steel Bowls to thank a niece who gave her rides all the time. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw that order. Another lady from Church bought our Silicone cupcake pan because she was always being asked to bring desserts to the American Legion auxiliary. That was another unexpected order item. Several have loved our 1 cup prep bowls, and I use mine constantly to store the egg yolks after separating them; little leftovers, the last bit of ice cream in a container; and other items at the bottom of a larger package. I love my Rice Cooker, and all the things I can do with it, as well as the Deep Covered Baker.

Although I have all of our Forged cutlery, I love our green knives, and use them every day. Their price will make them more attractive. I just sold two Ultimate Mandolins to two ladies who were 77 and 82. Beats me what they will be doing with them, that prompted them to part with $59.50. They both enjoy canning and that may explain their enthusiasm. So, you see, age does not limit what a person might buy.

I have noticed that parties early in the month, after they have received their Social Security checks are higher in sales, than ones that are at the three week point in the month, when money is running out.

The Executive cookware that I use the most includes our 10" saute pan and the 12" family skillet. We love the skillet for omelets, and several one pan meals, that makes enough to eat that night, and freeze for two other meals. It saves time for those afternoons out visiting shut-ins and just having fun away from the kitchen.

Hope this gives you perspective that you may not have had. Also, don't miss the opportunity to recruit one of the guests. My recruiter did not let my grey hair stop her, and I am so thankful. I have loved being a PC for over 4 years.

With respect to the arthritis. I have issues with it, and so do my two ladies that purchased the UM. Granted the DCB is heavy to lift into my
above the stove microwave, but I can put in the bottom, and then slip on the top, so that I don't lift the entire weight all at once. Taking it
out is not as easy but where there is a will, there is a way. The results justify the means.

Last edited:
My grandmother absolutely LOVES the mircroscraper! She also love the oven pad because of the loop on it. Also, the easy opener, quickut paring knives, prep bowls, and small microcooker.

She also recently ordered the small batter bowl to cook mashed potatoes in the microwave.

My grandma loves all of our stuff with the exception of most of the stoneware because it is too heavy for her to lift, however, she does own the small bar pan and since she lives by herself it is the perfect size for her to cook a single chicken breast, etc on it for her dinner.

My mom who has arthritus loves the can opener, every time she's at one of my shows she jumps up and grabs the can opener and makes everyone see how she can turn it easily with her arthritus. I also agree with Grandmarita though that there are all different levels of seniors, some are still in top notch shape and baking a cooking up a storm.... others, like my MIL go out for every meal so I try not to make her feel that she has to order things. But gifts are a whole other story! They do still buy gifts!

Thank you all so much!

I have a wonderful lady - she was a host last year....she's 90 yrs old (89 when she had her show), and she LOVES Pampered Chef! She lives in a Condo Community, and had her show at the community building there. She had all her LOL (little old lady) friends come, and the show was a BLAST!Besides the stuff I mentioned above - they all loved the Trifle Bowl (even if they don't cook a whole lot, it seems they still like to have a dessert for company), and the Microfiber towel. They did also buy a lot of gifts - some for Weddings and Showers, and gifts for other occasions. My host had all kinds of FPV (the show was in July w/ the extra FPV) and it was an over $800 show w/ 2 bookings. She used a lot of her FPV and also her host discount to buy Christmas gifts for her daughters and granddaughters. She had so much fun shopping! She is great though - you would never know she's 90 - she's so vibrant and feisty!Oh - and my MIL loves the RUFTH Trivet. It's the only PC gift I've ever given her that she was actually visibly excited about, and it sits in the middle of her kitchen island all the time now.

I have a host who is neither a senior nor arthritic, but she has does have a problem with one of her hands. She's considering re-signing next year when she's done with her classes for her master's, so I invited her to a cluster meeting, where she got to try out the Salad Chopper. She immediately changed the order she was about to place to include this, because she loved the fact it could be held in different positions, and she was able to use it quite comfortably.

Everyone has some great ideas but I haven't seen this one yet. During my shows I talk about the Bakers Roller how anyone can use it. It is lighter than a rolling pin. You can use it with either hand. If you have an "uncooperative arm or shoulder" a rolling pin can be difficult.

I used be an Occupational Therapist so form this point of view I can tell you that there are some other great things as well! The Mix n CHop is awesome as well as the Pizza Cutter not only for pizza but for anyone having issues cutting anything because we all know how sharp this thing is! And the Crinkle Cutter is great or anything with the new ergonomic handles is very good for anyone with arthritis. Anything heavy like the bigger pieces of stoneware or the larger metal beakeware will out a strian on their hands. ANd most likely most of them are only cooking for 1 or 2. SO the smaller stoneware or metal pans are light and more appropiate usually but as someone else said you would be surprised. Because my Mom is 78 and she cooks all the time. She bakes from sratch and for our whole family and we have a big family. And she has arthritis very bad in her hands and everywhere so she can't do the heavy stonewhere or large metal bakeware but the smaller lighter things she loves! ANd everything else we have she loves too! She is one of our BEST customers! So don't underestimate someone by age or gender you just never know what they may want!

1. What is the Senior-Friendly Tools List?

The Senior-Friendly Tools List is a curated collection of kitchen tools and gadgets designed specifically for older adults. These tools are easier to use and require less physical strength and dexterity, making cooking and meal preparation more accessible for seniors.

2. How was the Senior-Friendly Tools List created?

The Senior-Friendly Tools List was created in collaboration with a team of occupational therapists and senior consultants. They identified common challenges faced by older adults in the kitchen and selected tools that address these challenges and promote independent living.

3. Can anyone use the Senior-Friendly Tools List?

Yes, the Senior-Friendly Tools List is not limited to seniors. Anyone who may have physical limitations or struggles with traditional kitchen tools can benefit from this list.

4. Are the tools on the Senior-Friendly Tools List expensive?

No, the tools on the Senior-Friendly Tools List are affordable and priced similarly to traditional kitchen tools. We understand the importance of budget-friendly options for seniors and have carefully selected tools that offer both quality and value.

5. Where can I find the Senior-Friendly Tools List?

The Senior-Friendly Tools List can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Products" section. You can also request a physical copy of the list from your Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lissahope26
  • pamperedchef88
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
racuruk
  • SpiritdancerIA