• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Creative Mini Catalog Invites Stand Out in Plain Envelopes?

and often times there are "pre-made" bundles that have various amounts off for various amounts of purchase. You can also try going to the website of the company that makes the envelopes and find a coupon for them. I get them thru Office Depot (but not thru our discount). I search for coupon codes and stack a whole bunch of codes together (certain % off, free shipping, free this and that when you spend $x.xx...etc). They are not as cheap as the white ones but when you get them on sale w/ free shipping it's not bad at all. I get guests tell me that they actually liked getting the colored envelope.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I send mini catalogs in envelopes with full page (bright colorful paper) invites. I used to do a mini return address label with the host's address but that was just one more step to have to do. I was going to switch back to postcards but my printer would no longer feed my postcards so I stuck with mini's. I have had a couple people suggest that I do something different so that they don't just over look the plain white envelope. I hand address them all so it's handwriting they don't recognize. I do use the small circular logo sticker from Merrill. Just thought I would see if anyone else had any other ideas!

I use brightly colored "Astrobright" #10 envelopes for the mini's and a invitation flyer. The color pops out to people when they get their mail and they are intrigued to open it. Stands out from all the other hundred of pieces of white mail.

Liquid Sky said:
I use brightly colored "Astrobright" #10 envelopes for the mini's and a invitation flyer. The color pops out to people when they get their mail and they are intrigued to open it. Stands out from all the other hundred of pieces of white mail.

Might be a good option (I did just buy a whole box on white envelopes...)

I run the envelopes thru my printer to print the host's return address. And, I address them by hand using a bright colored sharpie or ink. I also address them as

First Name Last Name & Guest!

I underline guest and use the exclamation mark.

pamperedlinda said:
I run the envelopes thru my printer to print the host's return address. And, I address them by hand using a bright colored sharpie or ink. I also address them as

Wonder if I can make that work, for some reason it wouldn't feed the postcards through correctly but it's thicker paper. May have to try that tonight. I use to do "& Guest" but got out of the habit - I think I need to start doing that again.

I also like the idea of a bright colored pen, I usually just use blue since that's what all my pens are.

Liquid Sky said:

Where are you getting your envelopes at? I looked on Office Max and Office Depot and they are way more pricey than I thought compared to white ones.

wadesgirl said:
Wonder if I can make that work, for some reason it wouldn't feed the postcards through correctly but it's thicker paper. May have to try that tonight. I use to do "& Guest" but got out of the habit - I think I need to start doing that again.

I also like the idea of a bright colored pen, I usually just use blue since that's what all my pens are.

I usually use my hot pink sharpie

When you do the invites, my director suggests that you get them to pay for stamps. How dow you all do it? DO you cover the stamps or does your host provide the stamps?

KCPChef said:
When you do the invites, my director suggests that you get them to pay for stamps. How dow you all do it? DO you cover the stamps or does your host provide the stamps?

I do not ask for stamp reimbursement

wadesgirl said:
Where are you getting your envelopes at? I looked on Office Max and Office Depot and they are way more pricey than I thought compared to white ones.

I get them thru Office Depot (but not thru our discount). I search for coupon codes and stack a whole bunch of codes together (certain % off, free shipping, free this and that when you spend $x.xx...etc). They are not as cheap as the white ones but when you get them on sale w/ free shipping it's not bad at all. I get guests tell me that they actually liked getting the colored envelope.

I print the addresses on labels and slap those babies on. I have the host's address as the return address. I also address the recipient as "Susie Q & Friends". It would drive me nuts to handwrite every address. I do 2-3 shows a week, with an average of 30 invitations to mail per show and it would take me for freakin' ever. lol. I have tried it before....ugh...

Caressa,

How do you "stack" the codes?

chefa said:
Caressa,

How do you "stack" the codes?

Search for current codes on retailmenot.com. You'll find lots of codes that are currently working. There will be several, such as free shipping when you spend $50. $15 off your order of 75 or more...etc.

So, you can play around with entering the codes nearing checkout. Like, enter in the code for get $x off of an $x purchase. Then, I'll input the code that says the free shipping when your order is over $X amount. Stuff like that. Sometimes you'll need cheap "fillers" to bump you up over a certain amount. They always have things that are a couple of bucks. Say your order is $48 and you need a $50 order to get free shipping...then just browse around and find something super cheap to get you just over or right at the $50 mark.

Does this make sense? Also, sometimes they have offers for get a free boombox with any purchase of $25 and you can totally "stack" all these offers on top of each other :)

One of the times I mailed the invitations, we had a pretty good (for me) turn-out. At one point the ladies were laughing at me, though, because when they received the invitation, they couldn't understand how Terry (the host) could misspell her own name (I wrote it as Terri). Embarrassing? A little. But, they didn't ignore those envelopes with her return address!!

Liquid Sky said:

Caressa,
Where are you buying your Astrobrights? My local stores don't carry them anymore and I can't find decent deals on them online anymore :(

I do not ask for my host to reimburse my, I write it off as a business expense. When I was at Staples tonight with my sister, I found some cool markers. That along with trying to get the return address to print on the envelopes, I think I'll be good for now!

I just ordered a FREE stamp today from Vista...."Join us...your friend is hosting a Pampered Chef Show!" I'm planning on using that on the front so that I can use my return address stamp...the cost of the minis, envelopes, address labels, postage and then the return address labels....I felt that this was maybe one way to cut a little of the cost!!!

dannyzmom said:
Caressa,
Where are you buying your Astrobrights? My local stores don't carry them anymore and I can't find decent deals on them online anymore :(

I buy them online at Office Depot.

pamperedlinda said:

I think I'm in love with you!!! :love::blushing: Okay well in a "your awesome" kind of way! Running those through my printer helped out so much! Not sure why I didn't think of it sooner! :love::love::love:

If you or your friend have a membership to Sam's Club get your envelopes there. I buy 500 #10 white self-sealing envelopes for around $25. I always put my host's return address on the envelope and rubber stamp in a bright color "You're Invited to my Party" or "Let's Party" or "Join Us".

Absolutely buy the stamps yourself-- offer this as a service to your host. YOU helping her succeed=guarantee of both successes!

So it costs you $.42 cents x 40 invites. =16.80. You'll make many times that, with an $800 show or a $1,000 show. The LEAST I have had a show total when I've sent out my invites, is $865! That's at least $173 in commission.

My advice: Send out mini catalogs with mailing return label on the front you have generated on your computer that says, "You're invited to Karen's show SATURDAY 4pm! See back of catalog for details" Back of catalog has CC label invite, addressed to Abby Invitee & Guest.

Second step: Call about a week after invites go out, to confirm attendance. Say you are trying to get a head count to know how big a recipe to make, and ask if there are any particular tools they want to see. Invite them to bring a guest and both of them will get a gift. This is critical! If you end up leaving a voicemail message, explain the host wanted to be sure you called that particular person to come.

At the show: Named guest (Abby Invitee) gets a single twixit, plus 2 recipe cards from my box, her choice. Unknown guest gets a celophane gift bag with 2 recipe cards + a piece of hard candy + my business card with a magnet on back, wrapped with curling ribbon. = Everyone goes home happy!

The fortune is in the follow-up! Have the host follow up with anyone who said they were coming but didn't; You follow up and CALL each and every contact you mail to before the show!

Accountability = Results on your terms!

Last edited:
I also send out a full page flyer (along with the mini-catalog and my business card) in a white envelope. I hand write the guest names and the return address is always the host name.

What I'd like to know - is what all are you using for your full page invites? I print mine on bright colored paper, but with black ink. Would appreciate any sharing of your invites. Thanks!

ChipLines said:
I also send out a full page flyer (along with the mini-catalog and my business card) in a white envelope. I hand write the guest names and the return address is always the host name.

What I'd like to know - is what all are you using for your full page invites? I print mine on bright colored paper, but with black ink. Would appreciate any sharing of your invites. Thanks!

I do the same, it's one I got from here but I tweeked it a little. I can post it later when I get home.

I do a half page to save on ink. I try to do theme invites. This is the one one I used for this summer.

Attachments

• PCSummertimeinvite2.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 375
Here is mine!

Here is the one I use

Attachments

• LynneAugust.doc
    47 KB · Views: 382
scottcooks said:
Absolutely buy the stamps yourself-- offer this as a service to your host. YOU helping her succeed=guarantee of both successes!

So it costs you $.42 cents x 40 invites. =16.80. You'll make many times that, with an $800 show or a $1,000 show. The LEAST I have had a show total when I've sent out my invites, is $865! That's at least $173 in commission.

My advice: Send out mini catalogs with mailing return label on the front you have generated on your computer that says, "You're invited to Karen's show SATURDAY 4pm! See back of catalog for details" Back of catalog has CC label invite, addressed to Abby Invitee & Guest.

Second step: Call about a week after invites go out, to confirm attendance. Say you are trying to get a head count to know how big a recipe to make, and ask if there are any particular tools they want to see. Invite them to bring a guest and both of them will get a gift. This is critical! If you end up leaving a voicemail message, explain the host wanted to be sure you called that particular person to come.

At the show: Named guest (Abby Invitee) gets a single twixit, plus 2 recipe cards from my box, her choice. Unknown guest gets a celophane gift bag with 2 recipe cards + a piece of hard candy + my business card with a magnet on back, wrapped with curling ribbon. = Everyone goes home happy!

The fortune is in the follow-up! Have the host follow up with anyone who said they were coming but didn't; You follow up and CALL each and every contact you mail to before the show!

Accountability = Results on your terms!

Interesting....

I usually create a flyer w/ the show info and include that in an envelope w/ a mini for the invites. I like your idea of putting a sticker
on the front of a mini instructing them to check the back of the catty for full show info. This would help me cut the cost (and time spent driving) to Office Max to pick up my flyers. Yes, I'd have the cost invested in the bigger labels but heck....saves me tons of time driving :)

I can see how personally calling each guest can really boost attendance. What exactly do you say if you get their voice mail? Do you leave a msg that gets you a call back so you can personally talk to them about attending, bringing a friend...etc?

What about the guests that weren't on the original guest list that the host invited? Does the host give you the name and phone # for you to personally follow up with or do you leave that as their responsibility?

Liquid Sky said:
Interesting....

I usually create a flyer w/ the show info and include that in an envelope w/ a mini for the invites. I like your idea of putting a sticker
on the front of a mini instructing them to check the back of the catty for full show info. This would help me cut the cost (and time spent driving) to Office Max to pick up my flyers. Yes, I'd have the cost invested in the bigger labels but heck....saves me tons of time driving :)

I can see how personally calling each guest can really boost attendance. What exactly do you say if you get their voice mail? Do you leave a msg that gets you a call back so you can personally talk to them about attending, bringing a friend...etc?

What about the guests that weren't on the original guest list that the host invited? Does the host give you the name and phone # for you to personally follow up with or do you leave that as their responsibility?

Don't drive! I think Office Depot through CC gives us free shipping on all printing orders (I know they do for product orders). Check it out!

wadesgirl said:
Don't drive! I think Office Depot through CC gives us free shipping on all printing orders (I know they do for product orders). Check it out!

I know, but I procrastinate and don't get them ordered in time, so I always use OM. Lame, I know. Plus, I need to do a test run and see how fast they actually ship them and for it to hit my doorstep.

Liquid Sky said:
I know, but I procrastinate and don't get them ordered in time, so I always use OM. Lame, I know. Plus, I need to do a test run and see how fast they actually ship them and for it to hit my doorstep.

I also only print grey scale fast draft at home. Quicker and cheaper in my opinion than any other way!

wadesgirl said:
I also only print grey scale fast draft at home. Quicker and cheaper in my opinion than any other way!

Me too - it's the default for my printing!

cindylpal said:
I just ordered a FREE stamp today from Vista...."Join us...your friend is hosting a Pampered Chef Show!" I'm planning on using that on the front so that I can use my return address stamp...the cost of the minis, envelopes, address labels, postage and then the return address labels....I felt that this was maybe one way to cut a little of the cost!!!

Like this :thumbup:

If you get the circles for putting price stickers on yard sale stuff (the removable kind), and put it on all sides of your mini, it will go thru the postal machines. No need to use an envelope. I either fill out a postcard invite, fold it & put it inside or print off something cute with the host info, then seal it and mail (I don't like to put her phone # on the outside).

Last edited:
Any of you out there sit in on my workshop I taught at conference? It was Help Hosts Get The Most.....I send the mini with a full page flyer invite (on colored paper) and I attach 2 raffle tickets to the mini for an ONTIME drawing! This works wonders! I had run out of minis just after conference and I sent out postcard invites for my show on Thursday....just proves a point...the show started at 6:30pm and a few were on time and the rest never showed up till 7PM!!!!! I'll never run out of mini catalogs again...so worth the investment and so is mailing out the invites myself!!!:D:D

millthayer said:
Any of you out there sit in on my workshop I taught at conference? It was Help Hosts Get The Most.....I send the mini with a full page flyer invite (on colored paper) and I attach 2 raffle tickets to the mini for an ONTIME drawing! This works wonders! I had run out of minis just after conference and I sent out postcard invites for my show on Thursday....just proves a point...the show started at 6:30pm and a few were on time and the rest never showed up till 7PM!!!!! I'll never run out of mini catalogs again...so worth the investment and so is mailing out the invites myself!!!:D:D

What kind of raffle tickets?
I love this idea!

Genius! Love the idea to ask if there is anythingthey wanted to see. DO you give everyone a gift? Or just to teh Invitee & her friend?

I used phonevite for the first time. No one listened long enough to do the RSVP part. I ended up calling everyone myself anyway, so the time I took to so phonevite wasn't worht it. A few people commented about the personal phone call. It did make and impression and I increased the attendance from doing it. Definitely agree that it makes a difference. One person actually called me back and RSVP'd to me. The host was upset and said she should have called her! Oh well. Over $700 in commissionable sales and counting on a few more outside orders..And booked 2 shows and may have another with a little coaching...the phone calls work!!!

Thanks for the awesome tips Scott!

millthayer said:

dannyzmom said:
What kind of raffle tickets?
I love this idea!

I love this idea also - and would love to hear more about it!

I used phonevite for the first time. No one listened long enough to do the RSVP part. I ended up calling everyone myself anyway, so the time I took to so phonevite wasn't worht it. A few people commented about the personal phone call. It did make and impression and I increased the attendance from doing it. Definitely agree that it makes a difference. One person actually called me back and RSVP'd to me. The host was upset and said she should have called her! Oh well. Over $700 in commissionable sales and counting on a few more outside orders..And booked 2 shows and may have another with a little coaching...the phone calls work!!!

I have thought about this, but then really wondered if people get irritated or feel you are soliciting when calling them? I know some don't mind but was wondering how I'd feel if my friend gave my phone # to their consultant then that consultant called me to...whatever...check on rsvp's...etc.

I do believe that personal touch goes a LONG way but keep thinking that that might cross the boundary for many people. :blushing:

I buy those rolls of raffle tickets at Walmart (i guess any store would carry them) and then I attach 2 tickets to the front of the Mini's and on my invitation flyer, it tells them to bring the tickets as there will be an ONTIME DRAWING! I cant believe how many more guests are on time or just within 5 minutes of the show time! Rarely when a guest shows up 1/2 hour late, they will ask "What do I do with these tickets" and I just stand back and wait and a guest or two with just say "YOU WERE LATE AND WE ALREADY DREW THE WINNER AND IT WASNT YOU!" I was so tired of guests showing up so late and it was so disrespectful to the guests that were on time that I had to think of something and this works wonders!! TRY IT! I put these all in an envelope (so they have to opne it) and WRITE the guests name on the front and after her name I put "& GUESTS" and on the return address, I just write the hostesses name and nothing else!!

millthayer said:
I buy those rolls of raffle tickets at Walmart (i guess any store would carry them) and then I attach 2 tickets to the front of the Mini's and on my invitation flyer, it tells them to bring the tickets as there will be an ONTIME DRAWING! I cant believe how many more guests are on time or just within 5 minutes of the show time! Rarely when a guest shows up 1/2 hour late, they will ask "What do I do with these tickets" and I just stand back and wait and a guest or two with just say "YOU WERE LATE AND WE ALREADY DREW THE WINNER AND IT WASNT YOU!" I was so tired of guests showing up so late and it was so disrespectful to the guests that were on time that I had to think of something and this works wonders!! TRY IT! I put these all in an envelope (so they have to opne it) and WRITE the guests name on the front and after her name I put "& GUESTS" and on the return address, I just write the hostesses name and nothing else!!

So, does each on time guest get 2 entries into the drawing or are the 2 tickets have the same printed # on it and they keep one and the other goes into the bowl for a drawing....so you just read off the ticket #?

Or, is the second ticket for a friend that they bring?

I send a mini catalog in a white envelope, with my attached invite (I make 4 to a page so I don't have a lot of printing)

Attachments

• sheila furey.doc
    13 KB · Views: 392

1. How do I make my mini catalog invites stand out?

One way to make your mini catalog invites more eye-catching is to use bright and colorful paper for your invites. This will help your invitations to stand out in the mail and grab the recipient's attention.

2. Should I include a return address label on my mini catalog invites?

Including a return address label with the host's address on your mini catalog invites is not necessary and can be seen as an extra step. Instead, focus on making the invite itself visually appealing and personal.

3. What are some other options for sending mini catalog invites?

If your printer can no longer feed postcards, you can consider using different sized envelopes or even sending the invites digitally through email or social media. You can also try using unique packaging, such as a small box or gift bag, to make your invites more memorable.

4. How do I make the handwriting on my mini catalog invites stand out?

To make your handwriting more noticeable, try using different colors or styles of pens. You can also experiment with different handwriting styles, such as cursive or block letters, to add a personal touch to your invites.

5. Is it necessary to include a logo sticker on my mini catalog invites?

Including a logo sticker on your mini catalog invites can add a professional touch and make your brand more recognizable. However, it is not necessary and you can still create visually appealing invites without it. Consider using other design elements, such as colorful borders or graphics, to make your invites stand out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chezshelly